Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resident Evil 6

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Resident Evil 5 was exceptionally fun IMO if you had/have a permanent partner that will do the entire run through (and subsequent run-throughs on harder difficulty) with you and if you don't give a flying shit about it not being a "traditional survival horror" game.

I'm sad to hear that 6 is generally thought of as a bit of a mess, but I'll probably play through with the same guy that I did RE5. I'm sure we will get the most out of whatever is there, and if the game turns out to be sub-par overall, there's always next time ... because Capcom ain't gonna give up making Resident Evil games any time soon.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not surprised in the SLIGHTEST by this turn of events. Once Shinji mikami left the company, the series went with him.

They got something as simple as "green herb heals you, combine with red herb to heal MORE" wrong.

Instead there's a bunch of steps between healing and using the item which makes healing, a MAIN game mechanic, a baffling ordeal.

The story is so base and by the numbers, it's like they turned the entire game into an action film. Not to say that can't be done right. The entire idea of the first game was to make the game a solid B movie tribute, and the goofy story and especially voice acting worked to make it a better experience.

But this? It's not a goofy B movie, and it's not a good game, so it seems to do nothing right.

I hope CAPCOM dies and a company that actually knows how to make a decent title picks up their franchises, because at this rate, I'm going to be surprised if they can even make another decent fighting game. (especially after SF X Tekken)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Clownzilla

Don't know why so many people knock Resident Evil 5. I thought it was a fun game set in a relativly unique setting for a survival horror game. I can see how this would be considered more action than survival horror by some but to be honest the chainsaw monster was pretty #$%^%$& scary
    Wherever politics tries to be redemptive, it is promising too much. Where it wishes to do the work of God, it becomes not divine, but demonic.

Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clownzilla View Post
    Don't know why so many people knock Resident Evil 5. I thought it was a fun game set in a relativly unique setting for a survival horror game. I can see how this would be considered more action than survival horror by some but to be honest the chainsaw monster was pretty #$%^%$& scary
    Agreed. I actually preferred 5 to 4 as I thought the story was more along the standard RE storyline and I really detest the ending of 4.... riding of on a jet ski?...seriously...

Regardless it seems the RE community has lost touch with itself and the hatred of 4 compared to 5 is to me the same as people who hate any Final Fantasy game except for 12, it's a generation gap and alot of players that just don't understand what made the game series what they are. Doesn't matter though, I will move on to greener pastures and these series can just die with their lack of respect for their roots.

Btw, i'm also the guy that likes Final Fantasy 13.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought Resident Evil 6 and am enjoying it very much. I don't think it is dark at all. Adjust the game settings or the display settings on your tv. Jeez, not rocket science ya know. The boss fights are fun. As far as the bodies on the ground. Yeah, can't shoot them but hey, you can jump over them so you don't clumsily trip over them. The game has a good combination of solid fights as well as puzzles that the RE series is known for. By far 4 is still the best game in the series. IMHO. But, 6 is not that far behind. Again, IMHO.

One thing I am going to complain about though. NO BOOK! WTF? I love flipping the pages in a book to view the monsters and their abilities and things like that. But Noooooo. To cut costs the book is only available in digital format. That is crap and I feel like I just bought an incomplete game. What next? Not even bother putting the game into a case and just giving you a DVD stuffed in a paper sleeve? C'mon! Even the shitty games nobody buys or cares about come with books!