Thread: Super Nintendo Display Woes :(

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Super Nintendo Display Woes :(

Hi I have a problem and was wondering if anyone here could offer some suggestions, basically I bought a Pal (Spanish) Super Nintendo modded to play all regions mainly NTSC (I got a Pal one so I could use a RGB cable) to replace my normal PAL (UK) Snes, However the problem is it won't display correctly. I have tried multiple cables with it and no luck, the composite cable that came with it doesn't display anything, the gamecube cable I have doesn't display anything, and the old aerial av cable can't find anything when I try to tune a channel, however the only cable that does display something is a RGB scart cable modded for PAL Snes, but it kinda flickers goes black sound kicks in and out and is unuseable. Now I know all the cables and carts that I used in the modded Snes are working fine because they work with my normal Snes so I'm wondering if the multi out got messed with when the snes was modded or If maybe theres some paint on the inside of it, or maybe there's incompatibility issues with a spanish snes I don't know, anyway thats everything I think I would appreciate some advice thanks.
    The mod was SuperCIC and my TV is a Samsung LCD if thats any help

Found the problem in case anyone was wondering, the little metal backing?? around the cartridge slot behind the pins was kinda off I had to pull it back slightly and now the picture is fine, must of been contacting the cartridge I guess and was scrambling it
    Last edited by Sini; 09-25-2012 at 07:49 PM.