Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Games Are You Getting For Holiday 2012?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What Games Are You Getting For Holiday 2012?

Ok so I'm about three weeks late with this thread(you can still list September releases such as Borderlands 2, etc) this year but I was alittle busy. Anyway, last year shooter fans like myself were absolutely spoiled with MW3, GOW3, Halo: CE Anniversary and BF3, among others. This year shooters and new games in general aren't nearly as plentiful. But to be honest that works fine for me because I could use the savings and my wallet will thank me. So my list is quite short and sweet this year:

Halo 4
    Fire Pro Wrestling(XBLA)

Wii U

ZombiU

So what is everyone here planning on getting this holiday season?
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Red face

I'm hoping to get at least Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and perhaps that 25th anniversary Kirby collection.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Ok so I'm about three weeks late with this thread(you can still list September releases such as Borderlands 2, etc) this year but I was alittle busy. Anyway, last year shooter fans like myself were absolutely spoiled with MW3, GOW3, Halo: CE Anniversary and BF3, among others. This year shooters and new games in general aren't nearly as plentiful. But to be honest that works fine for me because I could use the savings and my wallet will thank me. So my list is quite short and sweet this year:

Halo 4
    Fire Pro Wrestling(XBLA)

Wii U

ZombiU

So what is everyone here planning on getting this holiday season?
    Shooters not plentiful? What about Black Ops 2, Halo 4 and Far Cry 3? You've got ACIII and Dishonored in the stealthy killing genre. There's actually some niche games coming out for the 360 that look interesting as well like a sequel to Carrier Command and Port Royale. There's also a bunch of Vita games coming out including ACIII and DJ Max Technika. Actually, there are tons of new games coming out this holiday and an entirely new platform in the WiiU with a bunch of exclusive titles. I think I probably have more games on my wish list this holiday than at any time in the past three years.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
    Ragnarok Odyssey
    Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy

I might get the other Assassin's Creed games coming out, but only if I like the Ezio trilogy.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Shooters not plentiful? What about Black Ops 2, Halo 4 and Far Cry 3? You've got ACIII and Dishonored in the stealthy killing genre. There's actually some niche games coming out for the 360 that look interesting as well like a sequel to Carrier Command and Port Royale. There's also a bunch of Vita games coming out including ACIII and DJ Max Technika. Actually, there are tons of new games coming out this holiday and an entirely new platform in the WiiU with a bunch of exclusive titles. I think I probably have more games on my wish list this holiday than at any time in the past three years.
    There are shooters coming out for sure but just not as many as last year. We also got some in the first half of 2011 including Deus Ex: HR. But like I said I'm not complaining about it. It's hard enough trying to make time for all current gen systems when you own them all(which is why my Wii gets neglected so much), let alone having enough money to spend on games for each. I'd have to look it up to be certain but I'm pretty sure this years release slate is smaller than last years. As for the Wii U, the majority of games coming out for it's launch in 2012(not counting the games releasing from January-March 2013) are ports or games also launching on current gen systems, such as ACIII and Black Ops 2.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Xbox 360

IF I can get a Wii U

Darksiders II

Ninja Gaiden 3 : Razors Edge

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Kirby 25th Anniversary Collection
    Dead or Alive 5 CE
    Zone of the Enders HD Collection CE
    Forza Horizon LCE
    Need for Speed Most Wanted
    Angry Birds Trilogy

I think that's it.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    There are shooters coming out for sure but just not as many as last year. We also got some in the first half of 2011 including Deus Ex: HR. But like I said I'm not complaining about it. It's hard enough trying to make time for all current gen systems when you own them all(which is why my Wii gets neglected so much), let alone having enough money to spend on games for each. I'd have to look it up to be certain but I'm pretty sure this years release slate is smaller than last years. As for the Wii U, the majority of games coming out for it's launch in 2012(not counting the games releasing from January-March 2013) are ports or games also launching on current gen systems, such as ACIII and Black Ops 2.
    Well, I'll agree that there are less PS3 and Xbox 360 exclusives this year (certainly less Move and Kinect titles), but I think the overall number of holiday games is probably about the same when you factor in the Vita, WiiU and the existing platforms. I'd also argue that in some cases like Sonic All Star Racing Transformed, Epic Mickey 2 and Scribblenauts Unlimited, the WiiU is getting the better version of the game at launch, so while they are ports, they are the lead version IMHO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I'll agree that there are less PS3 and Xbox 360 exclusives this year (certainly less Move and Kinect titles), but I think the overall number of holiday games is probably about the same when you factor in the Vita, WiiU and the existing platforms. I'd also argue that in some cases like Sonic All Star Racing Transformed, Epic Mickey 2 and Scribblenauts Unlimited, the WiiU is getting the better version of the game at launch, so while they are ports, they are the lead version IMHO.
    What are you basing this on? I've seen builds of all of these, but didn't really perceive a gigantic difference between them. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, or just didn't care...
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RCM View Post
    What are you basing this on? I've seen builds of all of these, but didn't really perceive a gigantic difference between them. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough, or just didn't care...
    Comments from the developers. You're right, there won't be massive differences, but load times are decreased and textures and other graphic elements will be a little shaper than the comparable 360 and PS3 versions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Comments from the developers. You're right, there won't be massive differences, but load times are decreased and textures and other graphic elements will be a little shaper than the comparable 360 and PS3 versions.
    I don't think that will be reason enough to buy that system, but Wii U fans have to hold their heads high any way they can.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The only port that I see worth getting over the others, and only if you're a Nintendo fan, is Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Since on Tekken Tag there is a new mushroom battle mode where your characters will get larger or smaller, plus you can outfit the Tekken characters in Nintendo character costumes.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I normally buy my games, when the games are about 2 years old. I typically try to get them when the price is so low, that I can't help myself. I can do my gaming on PC right now, and Steam and Amazon and GamersGate with all the deals they provide, allow me to be the cheapest of bastards...

Having said all of that, I'm definitely interested in the Assassin's Creed Vita game. I'm also interested in the Need For Speed: Most Wanted Vita game. I think they both come out at the end of October. I'll wait and see how the reviews pan out, but they are definitely on my radar.

I'm going to be getting Halo 4 for my kids. They played Halo 3, ODST and Reach, and they are going to want Halo 4 for sure.

If I could rent games on PC, I'd want to check out Dishonored and Far Cry 3

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RCM View Post
    I don't think that will be reason enough to buy that system, but Wii U fans have to hold their heads high any way they can.
    I agree, but many of us are buying a WiiU for the exclusives and because the controller is novel. The fact that there are going to be better versions of not yet released games being released simultaneously with the 360 and PS3 versions is just a really nice bonus. The advantage will probably only be for a year or so until the next generation Xbox and PS hit, but I personally would rather have the best version of any game I am buying whether that's on a Nintendo or a Microsoft or a Sony console or handheld.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dr. BaconStein's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't really want any new games this year... Just the RetroN 2, and maybe another JXD game tablet. Doesn't seem to be that many good ones coming out this year aside from mobile/retro and maybe a few Japanese titles such as Phantom Breaker. Hopefully next year will be better.

I keep forgetting, I do want Project Giana. Especially if there is a physical disc release. I also never got to play Sonic 4: Episode II on a proper home console/PC, so there's something, I guess... Was also considering getting a PS1 game like CTR or something at one point, as there are a lot of good ones I never really owned.
    Last edited by Dr. BaconStein; 09-28-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Transformers Fall of Cybertron
    Borderlands 2:If i can ever finish the original.
    RE6
    Kirby Anniversary Collection

Still if i do buy those games,most often i'll just wait for the price to drop then i buy it new.Lately i been buying more retro then the modern stuff so dunno.Not to mention i'm looking at the wii u but i won't be buying one until next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Only thing I'm planning to buy is Midway Arcade Origins for the Xbox 360 this November.

I'll pick up the few other releases of interest to me out of the bargain bin down the road (Forza Horizons for instance). Hope the Kirby release goes down instead of up, but $40 just strikes me as too much for it. Would've bought it already had it been $30.

The fact that there are going to be better versions of not yet released games being released simultaneously with the 360 and PS3 versions is just a really nice bonus.
    What are you basing this on?
    Last edited by Leo_A; 09-29-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Only thing I'm planning to buy is Midway Arcade Origins for the Xbox 360 this November.

I'll pick up the few other releases of interest to me out of the bargain bin down the road (Forza Horizons for instance). Hope the Kirby release goes down instead of up, but $40 just strikes me as too much for it. Would've bought it already had it been $30.

What are you basing this on?
    As I said above, developer comments I have been closely following.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I plan on picking up Need for Speed: Most Wanted for PS3 at the end of October, but that's about it. Everything else I want is coming out early next year, Metal Gear Rising, God of War 4: Ascension etc.
    Last edited by duffmanth; 09-29-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    I normally buy my games, when the games are about 2 years old. I typically try to get them when the price is so low, that I can't help myself. I can do my gaming on PC right now, and Steam and Amazon and GamersGate with all the deals they provide, allow me to be the cheapest of bastards...
    I'm also a fellow cheap bastard though I'm going to start rewording that to smart bastard since saving money is pretty spend savy. The holidays are the one time of the year I don't mind splurging and by "splurging" I mean using all my Best Buy reward certificates and amazon credit I've accumilated over the year to get a few games I want when they come out, instead of worrying about having to pay full retail. Last year I got Gears of War 3 and Halo: CE Anniversary completely paid off with amazon credit and MW3 was $25 after a Gamestop trade in. And this year I only paid $25 out of pocket for the $100 limited edition of Halo 4 after using all my Best Buy reward zone certificates and gift cards. I will get ZombiU with either left over amazon credit or a Gamestop trade in deal. So even though I grab new releases during the holidays I'm still being very cheap.....er, smart about it. But theres nothing wrong with waiting a few months for games to drop. Thats what I did for Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3 last year too. I waited until earlier this year when both of them went on sale for $20 and $30(limited edition) respectfully.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P