Thread: Printable back cover inserts, to fit standard Sega CD cases, for the paper boxed games?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Printable back cover inserts, to fit standard Sega CD cases, for the paper boxed games?

This is something I've always wanted to see: Printable back cover inserts for standard Sega CD cases for the games that came in paper boxes only.

I have manuals for a handful of these games along with the disc and a few spare standard sized Sega CD cases. It will never be worth it for me to track down copies with the box. These fan made inserts would help them blend in well with the rest of the collection. My games + manual, for example: Final Fight, Willy Beamish, Jaguar XJ220, Time Gal, & Monkey Island.

Has anyone already done it???

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Quote Originally Posted by ifkz View Post
    This is something I've always wanted to see: Printable back cover inserts for standard Sega CD cases for the games that came in paper boxes only.

I have manuals for a handful of these games along with the disc and a few spare standard sized Sega CD cases. It will never be worth it for me to track down copies with the box. These fan made inserts would help them blend in well with the rest of the collection. My games + manual, for example: Final Fight, Willy Beamish, Jaguar XJ220, Time Gal, & Monkey Island.

Has anyone already done it???
    Not sure if anyone has already done those particular games but, it should be easy to do. Someone just needs to basically do exactly what I'm doing with all my games before I sell. Scan all sides of the box at 200 DPI, then us MS paint or something like that to cut and drag the pieces together
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have you tried The Cover Project? I'm sure alot of people over there have alot of raw scans of Sega CD backings since the full North American collection has been fully converted to DVD cases. And if not, just make a request for them and I'm sure people will help you.

http://www.thecoverproject.net/
    "...leave love bleeding, in my hands, in my hands again..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alec006 View Post
    Have you tried The Cover Project? I'm sure alot of people over there have alot of raw scans of Sega CD backings since the full North American collection has been fully converted to DVD cases. And if not, just make a request for them and I'm sure people will help you.

http://www.thecoverproject.net/
    I filled two cardboard requests (as well as a few others) over at TCP to help the set. Here's links to the two cardboard scans I provided:

Jaguar XJ220
    Night Trap (red box)

If raw scans are needed of the rest, I could provide those as well, as I have a full Sega CD set that I personally scanned in here:

http://www.ratigators.com/

Though, my site focused on manual scans. So if back scans of cardboard games are needed, I'd just need to know which ones.
    Last edited by TSOLfan; 10-14-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great! Thanks for helping out, I was not a member of the cover project, though I use their covers often. Hopefully this will help out other owners of incomplete paper boxed games too.