Since there are so many mixed opinions about Resident Evil 6, maybe we can harken back to a time when the series was good and discuss our favorite titles. Or maybe you love Resident Evil 6 and it's your favorite.

Anyways. Resident Evil 2 was my favorite for the longest time. The difficulty, story, characters, setting was the best for the longest time. It's still an amazing game, and it's still my favorite, but it's actually more of being tied for my favorite game rather than being exclusively my favorite game. Resident Evil Outbreak 1 and 2 are the others.

Resident Evil Outbreak got way more hate than Resident Evil 6 is getting I think. So much hate that Outbreak File 2's sales were so low that the game was MSRP of $19.99 in less than two weeks. The only major problem that both games in this series had is the long load times, especially on the first game, but aside from that the series really pushed the survival horror aspect of the series where Resident Evil 4 took the series towards "shooter." If you think about it, this could very well be why Capcom chose the departure of survival horror. So it's more of the fans fault as to why the series is what it is today.

Outbreak starred eight characters, all with their own unique skillsets. There were no super cop characters like Chris, Leon, Jill, etc, just your everday ordinary characters. Examples of the characters are David who can combine other weapons together, Kevin who can take off much more damage with guns(after waiting for him to take aim,) Mark who can take off more damage with melee items, Alyssa who can unlock doors using her lockpick kit and more damage with guns(like Kevin but weaker,) etc. There are both ranged and melee weapons in the game. Ranged includes more than just guns, as you can use a nail gun to either shoot nails at zombies or you can use them on boards to barricade an area until zombies break through, but melee you've got knives, sticks, crutches, iron pipes, etc.

The game played in scenarios where once you completed one scenario, you would unlock others. The first scenario started with each of these characters in J's Bar, and it showed off a feature where the zombies don't just stay in one location. In this portion of the game, zombies continued to come through the front of J's Bar no matter how many you killed. Zombies would break open the doors and follow you wherever they could. While the zombies didn't continue breaking through in all scenario and it was possible to kill them all in some of them, this feature of zombies and other monsters not being contained to a single room was in every scenario. This feature added so much to the game because now, you really weren't completely safe anywhere. The hospital had the Leechman, which could go through doors, but could also climb through vents and drop down in a room that you may be in.

If you play this game and it's at all possible, I'd highly recommend playing on PS2 with the hard drive so you can reduce the length of the load times. I haven't tried running the game with a PS2 emulator or fast disc loading speed on the PS3 so I don't know if they'd do anything, but aside from the poor load times, this is a really good game. Outbreak File 2 was mostly the same as the first but different scenarios, slightly reduced load times, and the ability to move while readying weapons, including guns(which is weird that they went backwards and took that feature away on RE5.)