Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Resident Evil?

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlastProcessing402 View Post
    I have the DC version of RE2 (in addition to the PSX Dual Shock version), and it's really not worth hunting down. Shoddy port, based on the PC version, running on Windows CE.
    The RE3 port isn't really that great either, to be honest. I'm not sure what I expected, but nothing about it seems any better than the Playstation version.

I used to own a copy as well, sealed in box, but I returned it to Walmart when I noticed they'd charged me $30 for it. I grabbed it out of a bin with mostly $20 games in it, and didn't notice it actually had a $30 tag on it, and I wasn't about to spend $30 on a GBC game at that particular time.
    Gah. I would've gladly given you $50 for a complete copy.

I mean, I don't remember it being all that great, but classic RE is classic RE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The button layout for the DC games is completely ass backwards for no apparent reason.
    RE2 on N64 is a true marvel, though.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

What, no love for the GCN REmake? I've been on the series since the word go, and none were able to creep me out as much as that one. I happily admit at points I actually had to shut the game off and come back later. Plus, having to burn the zombies lest they come back stronger was a great constant paranoia.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

GCN,RE remake follow by RE4.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    The button layout for the DC games is completely ass backwards for no apparent reason.
    RE2 on N64 is a true marvel, though.
    So I'm not the only one who thinks the Dreamcast game controls were a little weird.

I still want RE2 though.

Quote Originally Posted by kaedesdisciple View Post
    What, no love for the GCN REmake? I've been on the series since the word go, and none were able to creep me out as much as that one. I happily admit at points I actually had to shut the game off and come back later. Plus, having to burn the zombies lest they come back stronger was a great constant paranoia.
    I simply haven't played it yet. Will do eventually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

RE 2 or RE 4... I can't pick a favorite between the two.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably RE 2 - I love the puzzle-plus-action gameplay, and the pacing and difficulty level were perfect. The ambiance, the setting, everything about it was great. It's also the first RE game I bought, so that probably figure into it. REMake for the GC was pretty stellar, too - same great game as RE1 (which I played through on PS1) but with better graphics. I loved RE4 - while I loved the original fomula, it was getting stale and RE4 is about as good as you can make an action game. It's really a great game, but I like the traditional puzzle-y style a teenie bit better. I rank RE Zero and RE Code Veronica pretty high as well. RE 3 was fun, but I didn't like it quite as much as the other traditional REs. Nemesis was just a pain. For the spinoffs, Umbrella Chronicles is pretty much the perfect console-based gun game. I loved everything about it. Haven't played Darkside Chronicles or any of the PS1 & PS2 spinoff games. Lost interest in the series after 4 - they turned it into "generic action game."
    Last edited by BydoEmpire; 10-11-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it!

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    The RE3 port isn't really that great either, to be honest. I'm not sure what I expected, but nothing about it seems any better than the Playstation version.
    About the only thing I can remember is the alt costumes were all unlocked at the start. Considering how ridiculous Jill's default costume is in that game, this is actually a pretty big improvement!

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    So I'm not the only one who thinks the Dreamcast game controls were a little weird.

I still want RE2 though.
    I simply haven't played it yet. Will do eventually.
    I totally messed up CV on the DC, ran out of supplies at the end and never finished it. I really should pick it up and re-do it since I have it on the GC.

If you haven't played REmake and you own it, you owe it to yourself to give it a good run. Come on man, we're coming up on Halloween

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

that's actually the problem--I don't own REmake.

I'm trying to work through Zero and RE4 though. I'm sorry to say that, playing it fresh, I'm probably gonna be the only person here who doesn't like RE4.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

2 might be my favorite overall, but when i stop and think about it, REmake on gamecube and re3 were equally as fun to me its just i rarely go back and replay them, while on the otherhand i've beaten re2 across almost every version that was released multiple times, so i guess that pretty much speaks for itself

re4 is a bittersweet moment for me, because while i acknowledge it as being possibly one of the greatest games ever made, it was pretty much the downfall of resident evil as a series, that game by itself barely had anything to do with resident evil, it didnt even have zombies so i dont know if could consider it a true resident evil game

code veronica i was pretty meh about as far as the gameplay & game itself was concerned but storywise its definetly a resident evil game, maybe one of the best ones (alfred and alexia are some of the best re villains of all time) so theres also that

this post is getting long so i'll just say i loved every single re title up to and including 4 but hated 5, was lukewarm on code veronica have no intention of playing 6 and am still like "wtf?" on re survivor

edit: never played outbreak but always wanted to, does anyone know if you can still go online with this game?
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    edit: never played outbreak but always wanted to, does anyone know if you can still go online with this game?
    No you can't, but if you play it, either play it on a PS2 emulator so you can speed up during the loading sequences which are atleast 10-15 seconds long each room you enter(around 8 seconds on Outbreak File 2,) or play it using the PS2 Network Adapter/hard drive combo.

Offline is just as good as online though, except your AI characters are just that. AI instead of actual people, so they don't actually help when it comes to collecting items required to proceed but they're not retarded like a lot of games I've played that have AI characters.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    No you can't, but if you play it, either play it on a PS2 emulator so you can speed up during the loading sequences which are atleast 10-15 seconds long each room you enter(around 8 seconds on Outbreak File 2,) or play it using the PS2 Network Adapter/hard drive combo.

Offline is just as good as online though, except your AI characters are just that. AI instead of actual people, so they don't actually help when it comes to collecting items required to proceed but they're not retarded like a lot of games I've played that have AI characters.

i hope it comes to psn one day so i can give it a shot, did the game have an actual story or was it just more about survival? were there notes and other pickups???

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    i hope it comes to psn one day so i can give it a shot, did the game have an actual story or was it just more about survival? were there notes and other pickups???
    It was in scenarios, so while there is a story, it's mostly just survival. Because the characters are going from one location to another trying to survive. Here's a walkthrough of J's Bar, which is the very first location in the game. The person playing knows where he's going and is just going from place to place where you're supposed to go to. A lot of people play like that, myself included, and doing that without something to cut down those load times, you're going to have almost as much loading time than you will actual game time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW1tus5D09Y

If Capcom happens to release it on the PSN and release it in the state it's currently in, there's no doubt that the game will receive a lot of hate. http://pcsx2.net/ and Ebay is your best bet if you want to go cheap. Most copies are being sold by Ebay sellers that just sit on their stock for an eternity, but there are some fairly cheap copies, REOF#2 ending in two hours, complete, and it's $5 currently, both games together ending in four hours and $15 currently.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

REmake

But I gave up on the series after 4. 4 was fine but too much of a TPS and 5-6 I have zero interest in. Series is no longer horror but a generic TPS

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I think I'm about to give up on this franchise.

I finally beat RE4, and I hated the game the whole way through (except for the part where you're fending off the attack on the house, and the part where you play as Ashley--that was awesome. Ashley is awesome. F*** the haters, Ashley rocks).

And now I'm playing RE Zero and... I'm stuck. I'm having a literal "WTF am I supposed to do now?" moment, and I basically only just started playing. I killed the scorpion on the train, got Rebecca out of the room she was trapped in, used the panel opener, and.... there's nothing else to do, there's no items I haven't found and no way to access the rooms I can't get to. I'm just stuck.

I'm gonna keep trying to solve it, but I'm seriously starting to think Code Veronica was this franchise's last hurrah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm going to pick Resident Evil Survivor because:

A) nobody else is going to pick it

and

B) it's the only RE game I have ever beaten.

Also, this is probably a good time to mention that Resident Evil 4 is on sale on XBL for $9.99/800 Microsoft points. I'm not sure how long the sale last but I downloaded it yesterday, just haven't had a chance to play it yet.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Resident Evil: Survivor is seriously one of the most underrated games in the franchise.

I find it funny that people hate it, but then like RE4, which in some ways is very similar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    AceAerosmith71

I've only played Resident Evil - Code Veronica X start to finish and I enjoyed it once I got past the controls. Other than that, I've just kind of poked at the first one (PS1) and didn't care for it although I'll get to the others since I have all of them around here somewhere on various platforms.
    “The world has, forever and always, been brimming with shit-heads.” - Dana Gould

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I'm going to pick Resident Evil Survivor because:

A) nobody else is going to pick it

and

B) it's the only RE game I have ever beaten.

Also, this is probably a good time to mention that Resident Evil 4 is on sale on XBL for $9.99/800 Microsoft points. I'm not sure how long the sale last but I downloaded it yesterday, just haven't had a chance to play it yet.

dont you have to beat that game in like 1 sitting since there is no way to save? that was my biggest turnoff, i was willing to give it a fair shot and trudge thru the mediocre gaming but half hour in got bored and just wanted to save and exit but couldnt

so fuck survivor lol