Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is your favorite Resident Evil?

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    dont you have to beat that game in like 1 sitting since there is no way to save?l
    Yes, but the game is only like 40 minutes to an hour long.

I can't see this being a turnoff. After all most games for the first five console generations were the same way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I honestly don't even remember beating it all in one siting. I just know that the PS1 fps games(this, Quake II, Star Wars: Dark Forces, 007: TWINE) were starting my fps obsession that would become fully realized with the release of Halo on the Xbox. So I just hung in there and beat it and I really don't think it was that bad of a game. But whenever somebody else I know talks about it they say how bad they thought it was.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Responding to the thread that was locked.

Classics19 wrote

I agree with what your saying about 4, as it was nothing really great except they made it more action base.
    To clarify... I kind of liked what they were trying to do with RE4. It certainly had potential. But... it dropped the ball, seriously.

It's hard to describe, but... during the village segment, it felt like the game was going somewhere, like it was leading up to something awesome. And then there were so many awesome setpieces (defending that lone house with Luis Sera is my favorite).

Then you get to the castle...

I honestly get the feeling that Capcom had some sort of change of heart midway through development, because the Castle and the resulting story seems to just totally disregard and even kind of take a dump on everything that went before. It's like they had one story planned out, and the village was designed and scripted with that first story in mind, but then someone at Capcom said "No, we've got to do it differently," but they couldn't scrap the finished parts so they just tacked on two more segments and basically tried to shove the early developments aside.

SPOILER WARNING

The crux of my pet theory (and this is only a theory--I'm not claiming I can prove anything) is the scene where Luis Sera dies.

It's not sad or tragic... it's more like "huh?" The game continually hints that he's somehow important, and then he... just dies. And the game half-assedly tries to declare that oh, he was a scientist. A scientist? No. Not buying it.

My theory is: Luis died because the writers wanted to shoehorn Ada Wong and her Wesker connection into the game. That part of the story just feels so unnatural, almost like it was tacked on. And every time Ada did anything, I got the feel like "this is something Luis would've done, had he lived." With the story now more about Ada, Luis became redundant so he had to die.

That's what bothers me the most about RE4... the sudden shift that happens when you get to the castle. It goes from an interesting story that seems to be leading up to something, to being an utterly pedestrian shooter with a straightforward plot which is completely spelled out for you. The interesting setpieces are over, the interesting developments are over, and the "memos from Luis" you find don't even feel like they're really written by him. I just can't buy the whole "he's a scientist" thing.

Anyway, that's my beef.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to write and ask, as I've been searching through forms, posts, group messages etc for my answer and I cannot find it at all! About a month after Resident Evil 6 was release, there were rumors of Jill Valentine having her own scenario in the game but then it was reported her scenario was canned because the information was leaked and then it was rumored that Claire Redfield would have her own scenario? I am not sure if anybody has heard of these rumors (which I am sure they have been laid to rest), but just tonight as I was looking up the voice actress for Sherry Birkin in Resident Evil 6 on the website IMDb, It shows in the cast "Patrica Ja Lee" and under her name it says "Jill Valentine". When clicking on her name it shows she was the stunt actress for Resident Evil 5. Can anyone confirm these rumors?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2193031/fullcredits#cast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    Yes, but the game is only like 40 minutes to an hour long.

I can't see this being a turnoff. After all most games for the first five console generations were the same way.
    Ah ha!

I always thought that I had missed something and that you could actually save in Survivor. I played an, ahem, version that I borrowed from a friend. Occasionally the games you borrowed from him would not be entirely complete (Smackdown, I recall, had a load of debug stuff on screen) and I wondered if that was the case here.

EDIT: RE2 was my favouite, followed closely by RE1. At the time I'd never played anything like them. I loved seeing the aftermath of the disaster in RE2 - the odd bits of normality in the chaos. It was great.
    Last edited by Daltone; 01-31-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

4. It's just a great game - RE or not.