Thread: NES Boxes (alternate art and repros)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NES Boxes (alternate art and repros)

Hey there, i have been working on making NES boxes. i have found a friend who can do photo shop like a wizard and reprint better quality boxes than the originals. I am interested in making many different versions or replicating the original art work. For more info email crhhis@gmail.com - Photos and image previews soon to come!

sample of my work http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-BOXES-Th...item4abd36ea71
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqNHJDUFB,WYOoLBBQdcBWbRG!~~60_57.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	5812  
    Last edited by PhoenixAries; 10-14-2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixAries View Post
    Hey there, i have been working on making NES boxes. i have found a friend who can do photo shop like a wizard and reprint better quality boxes than the originals. I am interested in making many different versions or replicating the original art work. For more info email crhhis@gmail.com - Photos and image previews soon to come!

sample of my work http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-BOXES-Th...item4abd36ea71
    Why would it be a good idea to replicate original art work?
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post
    Why would it be a good idea to replicate original art work?
    in case someone wants to have a box for their collection without paying an outrageous place for the original. Plus mine are more sturdy and better quality than the original versions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

in case someone wants to have a box for their collection without paying an outrageous place for the original. Plus mine are more sturdy and better quality than the original versions.
    Word. All of those reasons speak to me, good sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh so it's cool to break copyright laws and commit illegal acts to save a few bucks? If you don't to pay an outrageous price and you want "more sturdy" protection, go with universal game cases. That's a win-win over giving you money to reproduce copyrighted material for your own financial gain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh so it's cool to break copyright laws and commit illegal acts to save a few bucks? If you don't to pay an outrageous price and you want "more sturdy" protection, go with universal game cases. That's a win-win over giving you money to reproduce copyrighted material for your own financial gain.
    Oh please, who is losing money from reproduction material that hasn't been available at retail for more than 2 decades? Not Nintendo.

And what artwork are you going to put in that UGC? Original artwork? If so, then you're breaking copyright blah blah by printing your own.

Why is this so offensive to you?

(And before you even try to get into a legal debate, yes, I know it does technically violate Nintendo's copyright. But again, this has just about zero ability to take money from their hands, which is really what copyright law is all about.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    Oh please, who is losing money from reproduction material that hasn't been available at retail for more than 2 decades? Not Nintendo.

And what artwork are you going to put in that UGC? Original artwork? If so, then you're breaking copyright blah blah by printing your own.

Why is this so offensive to you?

(And before you even try to get into a legal debate, yes, I know it does technically violate Nintendo's copyright. But again, this has just about zero ability to take money from their hands, which is really what copyright law is all about.)
    It's just sad to see people reproducing counterfeits for personal financial gain. There's a good chance that a new collector could overpay for something thinking it's legit, while it's just a reproduced forgery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's just sad to see people reproducing counterfeits for personal financial gain. There's a good chance that a new collector could overpay for something thinking it's legit, while it's just a reproduced forgery.
    Why? There's a market for such things, and he's tapped into it.

Counterfeit is the wrong word for this. He is NOT trying to deceive or trick anyone into thinking that these are original boxes.

This is a Zelda Outlands NES style box. It is a like new item. Zelda Outlands is a reproduction of the original Zelda game for the Nintendo Entertainment System. It is made with a special laminate that cannot be torn by hand. The box is very sturdy and an exact replica of the original NES cartridge boxes. I will also be making variations and different games. PM me for requests!!

Ships immediately. I can build the box for you or send it flat. If flat, i will send in packaging envelope.(2-8 days-$2.50) I will crease if you choose flat for easier construction. If i build it, it will be sent in USPS box. I recommend priority shipping (2-3 days, 6$) as it will be in a safe, bubble wrap along with a USPS box as to not be damaged. Sorry, No game included. Any questions feel free to ask. Cheers!
    He's making reproductions, and reproductions of collectibles have been around forever. In fact, this one item isn't even a repro. It's actually an original (using existing elements) for a game that never existed during the lifetime of the NES. It's not like it's gonna hurt the value of an original. If a collector mistakes it for an original box, then that's their own damned fault. The description in the OP's auction makes it pretty clear that this isn't an original (which doesn't even exist in this instance).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Nes Boxes---No forgery necessary!

Thank you for coming to my defense Wiggy.

Let's put it this way: i am able to create boxes SIMILAR to the old NES style. I am NOT trying to make a great copy of original and sell as my own. I would make

sure that it is known as a REPLICA and the rights are licensed by Nintendo. I will produce original work, with amazing quality, and high durability. I have no

reason to violate any copyright law(s) and would quickly alter anything that would be perceived as such. The version i had on eBay was a COPY ALTERED of someones

work. I want to bring forth my own fingerprint and if it is something someone wants, then i am honored. I have had over 100 views collectively for this item on eBay so

it seems many others have this interest in mind. Sorry to offend anyone who is worried of infringement. I have unopened CIB of Zelda Outlands and Parallel Worlds.

They are good copies of art, but not as good as the quality i have access to. Thanks and happy gaming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    Why? There's a market for such things, and he's tapped into it.

Counterfeit is the wrong word for this. He is NOT trying to deceive or trick anyone into thinking that these are original boxes.

He's making reproductions, and reproductions of collectibles have been around forever. In fact, this one item isn't even a repro. It's actually an original (using existing elements) for a game that never existed during the lifetime of the NES. It's not like it's gonna hurt the value of an original. If a collector mistakes it for an original box, then that's their own damned fault. The description in the OP's auction makes it pretty clear that this isn't an original (which doesn't even exist in this instance).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Zelda Outlands...

I also purchased Zelda Outlands (not CIB) from Digital Press internally. It was on display along with Castlevania: Chorus of Mysteries and Sweet Home. Is that a copyright violation as well?

Thank you for coming to my defense Wiggy.

Let's put it this way: i am able to create boxes SIMILAR to the old NES style. I am NOT trying to make a great copy of original and sell as my own. I would make

sure that it is known as a REPLICA and the rights are licensed by Nintendo. I will produce original work, with amazing quality, and high durability. I have no

reason to violate any copyright law(s) and would quickly alter anything that would be perceived as such. The version i had on eBay was a COPY ALTERED of someones

work. I want to bring forth my own fingerprint and if it is something someone wants, then i am honored. I have had over 100 views collectively for this item on eBay so

it seems many others have this interest in mind. Sorry to offend anyone who is worried of infringement. I have unopened CIB of Zelda Outlands and Parallel Worlds.

They are good copies of art, but not as good as the quality i have access to. Thanks and happy gaming!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

As long as you offer the original artwork I know I would be interested for sure. I too see nothing wrong with this. As was pointed out, this isn't hurting anyone and of all people Nintendo. Now if Nintendo wants to start reprinting boxes, then that would be another story.
    Atari: 2600, Jaguar
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA SP, Wii, New 3DS, Wii U
    Sega: SMS, Genesis, Game Gear, Nomad, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3
    Wanted: 7800, Neo Geo CD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Polygon

you would email me at crhhis@gmail.com in reference to artwork

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    As long as you offer the original artwork I know I would be interested for sure. I too see nothing wrong with this. As was pointed out, this isn't hurting anyone and of all people Nintendo. Now if Nintendo wants to start reprinting boxes, then that would be another story.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

you would email me at crhhis@gmail.com in reference to artwork
    Sure!

I'll send you a list of games I would be interested in.
    Atari: 2600, Jaguar
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA SP, Wii, New 3DS, Wii U
    Sega: SMS, Genesis, Game Gear, Nomad, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3
    Wanted: 7800, Neo Geo CD