Just wondering if anyone has played SOULLESS yet? It's a new game for the C64.

They have a disk or tape version at psytronik or a cart version at RGCD. I'm not really sure why anyone would want a tape or disk version over cart, but I suppose its nice that they provide options. I ordered the cart and it arrived a few days ago and I have been having a blast.

The game is structured similar to Castlevania: Symphony of the night. It all takes place in a huge castle and there are "Save rooms" and such, but the game plays differently. It sees you transformed into a beast, searching objects in each room looking for 12 stones scattered throughout the castle. Once you collect all the stones you can change back into your human form and save the kingdom... blah, blah, blah.

So far it has been really awesome. The graphics are excellent and the chip music is amazing. It took me a while to get used to the controls however. The main issue is you cannot move in mid air when jumping. Once you jump you cannot make adjustments until you land. This make all the platforming elements a bit tough, but it's a welcome old school challenge.

Unfortunately I am having issues with all four of my C64s. My last working one decided to partially bite the dust. Here are the issues I am facing and hopefully you guys can help me out.

Breadbin C64 (1983)- This worked perfect until the other night. I turned it on and the "Ready" screen boots up all scrambled in multi colored characters then freezes, or says "?out of memor Error in 0" and freezes or just doesn't boot at all! It worked perfect a week ago.

Breadbin C64 (1983)- This one has never worked for me. Usually it will not boot up. If it does boot the screen will be all scrambled in multi colored characters like the unit above. If it does manage to boot up to the "Ready" promt, everything will look normal, but it will just freeze. Also I opened it up and the SID chip was a socket type and was missing. A missing SID chip shouldn't affect the systems boot phase should it?

Breadbin C64- (1982)- This one used to work perfect then started to give me all sorts of problems with both audio and video so it has been packed away for several years. I pulled it out again and gave it a shot yesterday and amazingly the video portion was perfect, but the sound was crazy. The music plays, but its all the wrong notes and real chaotic sounding. I opened it up and there are a LOT of socketed chips instead of soldered. Thats pretty cool as I assume it would make it easier to replace any bad ones. It is also a 5 pin video model. The RF output looks fantastic, but the a/v cable for Luma/Chroma only gives me black and white on my commodore monitor. What gives?

C64c (19??)- This one loads fine and sounds fine. But it outputs to a black and white picture with some static. I don't have an 8 pin video cable so I am having to use the RF cable and the picture is pretty bad. I have tried several different RF cables and get the same results. If I could fix this issue it would be a perfect working unit. Any ideas?

ANY help or advice on getting these going would be GREATLY appreciated and your name will be carved into the mantle above my fireplace so all will know your great deeds!