Thread: Get down! NES Lolicatgirls & Bad Apples music videos and non-video game NES roms/projects

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Get down! NES Lolicatgirls & Bad Apples music videos and non-video game NES roms/projects

It's the weekend, so let's party!

So I stumbled across this curiosity over at Famicom World late last night in my desperate attempt to stave off sleep. Can't say exactly why this appeals to me so much, but it simply does. The link to the rom is available for download from the youtube video's description. FYI, I found that the rom runs best on NEStopia. The video experiences all kinds of problems playing on FCEU and VirtuaNES, so it is evidently emulator sensitive.

Does anyone know of any other non-video game stuff like this (videos, music, miscellaneous programs) for the NES? Here is another NES music video (its remix, anyway) that was mentioned on the same thread that is more on the artistic and conceptual side than the quirky fun of the other video.

Last edited by treismac; 10-13-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well, there have been other music videos done in 8-bit style (I still adore We Come Together), but the only other artistic project I can think of in ROM form is the horribly pretentious Super Mario Movie.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    Well, there have been other music videos done in 8-bit style (I still adore We Come Together), but the only other artistic project I can think of in ROM form is the horribly pretentious Super Mario Movie.
    You made a pretty good case for the pretentiousness of the Super Mario Movie in that thread, Jorpho. I still dig it, but I certainly think the overall impact of the movie, both as art and entertainment, would have benefited from trimming some dead air out of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Something like this NES breathalyzer "game" would be an excellent example of a non-video game program for the NES: