Hello.

Let me preface this by saying I gave away my old Gamecube and the pricey component cables to my sister a while ago, since she plays on an HDTV and figured she'd want the best picture. I already had a Wii at the time so I could just play my GCN games on that, right? (with inferior 480p picture compared to actual GCN hardware, but let's not get into that).

Well... since Gamecubes are so cheap second-hand nowadays, I figure I'd avoid the annoying Wii menu and need for a charged controller just to launch a Gamecube game by setting up a standalone GCN up on my SD Trinitron. I assume the SD CRT will hide jaggies and other imperfections and remove lag intrinsic to HD monitors.

I notice that the GCN utilizes the same AV connector as AV Famicoms, SNES/SFC, and N64. So my question is, before I set out to find a Gamecube at a flea market or garage sale and track down another pair of expensive component cables; is the GCN capable of outputting RGB from its AV port? I would be using my SFC's SCART cable on the GCN for RGB at 480i, not 480p.

Thanks.