I read that a huge percent of Vita owners already previously owned a PS3. After reading this I realized that I must be one of the few that have a Vita but no PS3. Am I doing things backwards? I think the appeal of the Vita to PS3 owners is the cross-play feature - and that would explain why so many PS3 owners get a Vita. I personally got it because it looked like an absolutely amazing handheld (which it is). I don't even know if I will ever own a PS3, I am pretty happy with my Xbox 360.

Is there any other Vita owners here that do not own a PS3? What was your appeal to the Vita?

Personally I think the Vita is an amazing handheld, I am floored by it. It's that good. It's hard to impress me when it comes to games, but the Vita does that. I don't understand everyone's grief with it. Yeah the price is a little high but is it? Hell I payed about the same amount for my Nomad when it first came out. I'm sure the price will drop soon as well.

Also I don't understand people's complaints about the game selection. It seems to me there are games coming out for it quickly enough, whether on store shelves, through the Playstation Store, or with all the PSP and PS1 ports. There are literally hundreds of games you can play on it, RIGHT NOW. I think a lot of the people that complain about it are the younger generation that are used to 20 games or more being released on a system per month. When I was growing up playing Genesis or SNES and NES games if 5-10 games came out in one month that was considered pretty good. I think the younger generation of gamers are getting spoiled with millions of releases for consoles. But the reality of it is - is anyone really going to play all the games, and have the time to go through and beat every one of them anyways? I just feel like people expect way too much out of a console these days. If the Vita got 5 games a month I would be perfectly ok with that. I can only handle so many games - I'm just one person.

That aside, I am very satisfied with the games currently available, they are pretty much ALL quality titles, the quality of games ratio seems about as good as the Turbografx. Nearly every game released for it is very good or at least good. So far I have not run into a game that I feel is complete crap on the Vita.

I know this sounds like a rant, but I am ranting FOR the Vita! What's gonna happen is the media and everyone is complaining about sales, lack of games, price, etc etc - and it's going to be a catalyst and then there really will be a problem. If people would just pick one up and try it and maybe even take the plunge I think it would get the rep that it deserves.

Also, I think people are underestimating how popular it's going to be. It may be slow to start but I have a feeling it's going to be quite a success.

You know, I was looking at the game selection of the 3DS and the Vita at my local Walmart and Target, and honestly the 3DS didn't seem to have much more games on the shelve. Not only that, but pretty much all of the 3DS games looked like crap while the Vita games all looked awesome.

VITA owners - what are your thoughts on this awesome console (I mean handheld that plays like a freakin' PS3)? I think it's going to be a hot item this Christmas. If people are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for an iPhone5 and things like an iPad I don't see why anyone should hesitate paying half that for an AWESOME handheld that would blow away any games on any tablet or mobile phone.