Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 171

Thread: VITA owners UNITE!

  1. #41
    Great Puma (Level 12)
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,274
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    A 48 million loss for videogaming at Sony is almost nothing. Unless Sony itself goes under, I don't see the videogaming division being a target for draconian cuts. It has traditionally been a very profitable enterprise for Sony and it seems as if they've done much over the past 5 years to get the ship righted and headed back in that direction after scores of poor decisions in the middle half of the past decade.

    I have to think that the Vita is an important aspect of their plans for the future. But who knows, they sure don't seem to be trying particularly hard on the software side of things. So maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

    I think it would be a shame, a poor business decision, and would greatly hurt their reputation in this industry if they were to let this thing just wither on the vine.
    I agree that $48 million is not massive in relation to a company the size of Sony. At the same time, that's a quarterly loss, so if that continues and becomes $200 million for the fiscal year, that would be a substantial concern. The fact also remains that this isn't a one time event and the video game division has either lost money or produced very minimal profit since the time of the PS3 launch almost six years ago now. Personally, I consider myself a Sony fan and every TV and DVD and Blu Ray player in our house is a Sony (well except for my Samsung and Toshiba Nuons) and I own a PSOne, PS2, PSP, PSP Go and Vita.

    I am very concerned about the apparent lack of support for both the PS3 and Vita on the exclusive software side. I'm not super excited about products like Wonderbook, LBP Karting or Playstation All Stars Battle Royale and I'm holding out hope that some of the PS3 games that were shown at E3 this year will be released fairly early in the year to offset what has been a fairly disappointing few months. I guess I expected more when Sony announced that there would be a consistent flow of software coming out for the Vita, but it turns out that it's really been about the same as the PSP.

  2. #42
    Pretzel (Level 4) Gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    993
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I'm sorry, but you are misrepresenting your own statements. To my comment "That doesn't mean the Playstation division was profitable or not a part of the loss." You said "According to the article it isn't." "It isn't" is a direct denial of my claim that the Playstation division was part of the loss. You also stated that "It's not Sony's videogame division that is posting those losses though." I never said anything in there about the losses being "huge" and neither did you. Your clear representation was that the videogame division has not been posting losses. It has been and is still posting losses as of the last quarterly report.
    My initial comments were that the videogame division wasn't posting those (being the $6.5 billion) losses. If you look back at the launch of the PS3, Sony was posting losses in excess of $200 million, which was directly connected to the costs of that hardware. The same cannot be said of 2012, where the loss leader for Sony is their Televisions and small electronics that have been on the decline since early 2000s. Even if Sony videogame division was posting profits that were equal to the @ $800 million they were generating per-year with the PS2, they'd still be $5.7 billiion in the hole this year.

    So when I said this: "It's not Sony's videogame division that is posting those losses though."

    Your comments of me being 100% wrong was total f'en bullshit.

    As for the other part of it, nobody really knows how much appetite Sony has for further losses. Sony was much more profitable when the PS3 launched, having come through two successful previous console releases and in an era when they still led in television and other consumer electronics sales. As such, they were probably much more willing to stick things out for the long term assuming that the PS3 would eventually be profitable. While I don't think they will "cut and run" after this holiday season, I certainly don't think they will let things go on for several more years if the losses continue. It's a publically traded company, so at some point shareholder pressure will force a change.
    It's not Sony's videogame division that is killing them. In the past they were able to hide their losses behind the success of the Playstation brand; it was their most profitable product. Sony has been bleeding huge amounts of money in the television area, where their over-priced units are collecting dust, because of competition from Samsung, LG and Vizio. Their computer sales have been nose-diving, along with Dell, because of the popularity of smart pads and cheap laptops. Their Walkman is almost a forgotten product, with Apple owning that market as well.

    I have 3 Sony CRTs in my home. When it came time to buy an LCD in 2009, I went with Samsung, because they were selling a 52" 120hz television for less than what I would have paid for Sony's 46".
    Last edited by Gamevet; 10-25-2012 at 06:54 PM.

  3. #43
    Great Puma (Level 12)
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,274
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamevet View Post
    My initial comments were that the videogame division wasn't posting those (being the $6.5 billion) losses. If you look back at the launch of the PS3, Sony was posting losses in excess of $200 million, which was directly connected to the costs of that hardware. The same cannot be said of 2012, where the loss leader for Sony is their Televisions and small electronics that have been on the decline since early 2000s. Even if Sony videogame division was posting profits that were equal to the @ $800 million they were generating per-year with the PS2, they'd still be $5.7 billiion in the hole this year.

    So when I said this: "It's not Sony's videogame division that is posting those losses though."

    Your comments of me being 100% wrong was total f'en bullshit.



    It's not Sony's videogame division that is killing them. In the past they were able to hide their losses behind the success of the Playstation brand; it was their most profitable product. Sony has been bleeding huge amounts of money in the television area, where their over-priced units are collecting dust, because of competition from Samsung, LG and Vizio. Their computer sales have been nose-diving, along with Dell, because of the popularity of smart pads and cheap laptops. Their Walkman is almost a forgotten product, with Apple owning that market as well.

    I have 3 Sony CRTs in my home. When it came time to buy an LCD in 2009, I went with Samsung, because they were selling a 52" 120hz television for less than what I would have paid for Sony's 46".




    That was for the ending quarter (the slowest part of the year) of Fiscal year 2012; It's in the books. The quarter also saw Sony reducing prices on the Move and games dedicated to it, PSP softwere, as well as clearing out the PS3 3D television.

    We are now starting the fiscal year 2013, that will include the upcoming holiday season.
    I have literally in my time on this board never known anyone to make so many repeated false statements of fact and refuse to acknowledge that they are just plain wrong. Sony is on an April 1 to March 31st fiscal year and the $45 million loss was in Q1 of 2012.
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/02/sony-q1-2012/
    http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/index.html

    They will release their Q2 2012 results in a week or two as they always do. They obviously use a delayed reporting schedule which is common for Japanese companies. They won't enter FY2013 until April 1, 2013.

  4. #44
    Pretzel (Level 4) Gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    993
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I have literally in my time on this board never known anyone to make so many repeated false statements of fact and refuse to acknowledge that they are just plain wrong. Sony is on an April 1 to March 31st fiscal year and the $45 million loss was in Q1 of 2012.
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/02/sony-q1-2012/
    http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/financial/fr/index.html

    They will release their Q2 2012 results in a week or two as they always do. They obviously use a delayed reporting schedule which is common for Japanese companies. They won't enter FY2013 until April 1, 2013.
    Yeah, I erased that. For North America that is true.

    Why don't you go check out the state of the LCD industry and its 8 year effect on Sony.

    And I'm appalled that you twist someone's words to have a different meaning. Not everything is black and white.
    Last edited by Gamevet; 10-25-2012 at 07:09 PM.

  5. #45
    Great Puma (Level 12)
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,274
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamevet View Post
    Yeah, I erased that.

    Why don't you go check out the state of the LCD industry and its 8 year effect on Sony.

    And I'm appalled that you twist someone's words to have a different meaning. Not everything is black and white.
    Ok, is it fair to assume you erased it because you were wrong and had posted incorrect information that you hadn't bothered to check before you posted it? I have no doubt that Sony's problems with its television line have had a very significant contributory impact on its financial problems and in some quarters may have even been the most significant cause of its losses. That doesn't mean that the video game division hasn't contributed to those losses or that they can be ignored. Publically traded corporations don't have the luxury of distracting shareholders by pointing to billion dollar losses only to mask multi-million dollar losses. The billion dollar losses may get the most immediate attention and the most radical action from management, but you can bet that every loss will be scrutinized going forward and if any division continues to lose money with no prospect of turning things around, Sony will not hesitate to either shut it down or eliminate products just like they have done this year in televisions.

  6. #46
    Pretzel (Level 4) Gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    993
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Ok, is it fair to assume you erased it because you were wrong and had posted incorrect information that you hadn't bothered to check before you posted it?
    I was going by the North American fiscal year. Big deal! Either way, it should still be a more profitable quarter than the last.

    I get the impression you like to sensationalize little things, to make it appear like a bigger deal than it is.


    I have no doubt that Sony's problems with its television line have had a very significant contributory impact on its financial problems and in some quarters may have even been the most significant cause of its losses. That doesn't mean that the video game division hasn't contributed to those losses or that they can be ignored. Publically traded corporations don't have the luxury of distracting shareholders by pointing to billion dollar losses only to mask multi-million dollar losses. The billion dollar losses may get the most immediate attention and the most radical action from management, but you can bet that every loss will be scrutinized going forward and if any division continues to lose money with no prospect of turning things around, Sony will not hesitate to either shut it down or eliminate products just like they have done this year in televisions.
    Yeah, Kaz just cut 10,000 jobs, with a good portion being in the television sector.

    Yeah, their videogame division isn't pulling profit like it did with the previous 2 generations, but it hasn't exactly worked out well for MS either; they had to write off a $1 billion for the RROD with the 360. Still, it's not like Sony hasn't been having profitable quarters with their videogame division in the past couple of years. 2010 was a profitable year for that division, while their music, television and entertainment divisions have been on a continual downward spirtal.

    Long story short, they aren't making a lot of profit with sold products in North America, because of the strength of the dollar vs. the yen. And when it comes to cutting their losses, their videogame division isn't at the top of the list of money losing products.
    Last edited by Gamevet; 10-25-2012 at 07:46 PM.

  7. #47
    Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    Frankie_Says_Relax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Posts
    7,824
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

    Default

    So it's decided then, there will be no uniting of Vita owners.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"


  8. #48
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,613
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

    Default

    Nah. Just Bojay hopping into every Sony thread and acting like an ass.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

  9. #49
    Great Puma (Level 12)
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,274
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Nah. Just Bojay hopping into every Sony thread and acting like an ass.
    I think of it as being rational and bringing facts to the table rather than the blind advocacy and misinformation some people seem to always post in these threads assuming that nobody will bother to check the details. Sony is not your friend just like Microsoft and Nintendo aren't your friends. They are corporations with a singular goal of making money. If you enjoy any or all of their products, that's great. That being said, the ridiculous loyalty that some people have for any of the big three video game companies is really just silly.

  10. #50
    Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    Frankie_Says_Relax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Posts
    7,824
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I think of it as being rational and bringing facts to the table rather than the blind advocacy and misinformation some people seem to always post in these threads assuming that nobody will bother to check the details. Sony is not your friend just like Microsoft and Nintendo aren't your friends. They are corporations with a singular goal of making money. If you enjoy any or all of their products, that's great. That being said, the ridiculous loyalty that some people have for any of the big three video game companies is really just silly.
    Yea.

    While it's clearly still an issue, I think the "they really care about ME" type personalization/personification of video game companies (mainly those that produce hardware) has diminished in this generation, either through the non-stop games journalism and social media dedicated to following/detailing every single solitary aspect of a company down to their manufacturing processes, financial reportings etc. (things like that remove a lot of the mystery/secrecy/blissful ignorance that some have) or through the varied missteps that all three major companies have made/dedicated users may have considered slights against their fandom.

    There's still a lot of blind following that occurs, but in general I think that in this extra long console generation wrought with disruptions, even a lot of so-called "fanboys", have felt their dedications strained.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"


  11. #51
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,613
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I think of it as being rational and bringing facts to the table rather than the blind advocacy and misinformation some people seem to always post in these threads assuming that nobody will bother to check the details. Sony is not your friend just like Microsoft and Nintendo aren't your friends. They are corporations with a singular goal of making money. If you enjoy any or all of their products, that's great. That being said, the ridiculous loyalty that some people have for any of the big three video game companies is really just silly.
    It's not about being a fanboy. You came in the thread and made three different arguments with three different people. I posted about the more common expression of port and you come in being some pompous douchebag about how ports are in reality moving code from one system to another, which is true, but NFL 13 on PS3 and NFL 13 on 360 usually not called ports but rather multiconsole. I even even posted a quote from "someone in the industry" to throw it in your face that it's used how I explained it. So commonly used that I found that quote in two seconds.

    Don't care much about what you were arguing about with everyone else, just that it always seems that you never fail to jump into a Sony thread to talk crap.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 10-26-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

  12. #52
    Pac-Man (Level 10) RCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,333
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    It's not about being a fanboy. You came in the thread and made three different arguments with three different people. I posted about the more common expression of port and you come in being some pompous douchebag about how ports are in reality moving code from one system to another, which is true, but NFL 13 on PS3 and NFL 13 on 360 usually not called ports but rather multiconsole. I even even posted a quote from "someone in the industry" to throw it in your face that it's used how I explained it. So commonly used that I found that quote in two seconds.

    Don't care much about what you were arguing about with everyone else, just that it always seems that you never fail to jump into a Sony thread to talk crap.
    Isn't this the second time you've popped in to insult Bojay? I certainly don't agree with everything he has expressed on this forum but he seems to be more informed than most who still care to post on DP. As for his posts I've read in this thread, I generally agree with what he stated.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

  13. #53
    Great Puma (Level 12)
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,274
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    It's not about being a fanboy. You came in the thread and made three different arguments with three different people. I posted about the more common expression of port and you come in being some pompous douchebag about how ports are in reality moving code from one system to another, which is true, but NFL 13 on PS3 and NFL 13 on 360 usually not called ports but rather multiconsole. I even even posted a quote from "someone in the industry" to throw it in your face that it's used how I explained it. So commonly used that I found that quote in two seconds.

    Don't care much about what you were arguing about with everyone else, just that it always seems that you never fail to jump into a Sony thread to talk crap.
    This is a discussion forum. I take the approach that if I agree with something that someone else posts, I will try to add something helpful to the discussion. Similarly, if I disagree with something, I post my opinion and try to provide logical and factual support for my opinion. The sad fact is that people have largely abandoned this forum and moved on to other places like Atari Age because the level of discourse and logical discussion that used to occur here has all but disappeared. People post opinions or inaccurate facts and pass them off as the truth and refuse to acknowledge that they were wrong when someone calls them on it. It seems like every other post now is some fanboy rant about how great Sony or Nintendo is (I haven't seen a similar post about Microsoft that I can recall, but if it exists I will concede the point) or how crappy Sony or Nintendo or Microsoft is. Sometimes to add a little variety, someone posts about a specific game either calling it great or crap, usually with no explanation or other thought given to the opinion and certainly no acknowledgement that someone could disagree and have a different opinion than their own.

    Personally, I own all of the consoles and handhelds from this generation and most from every generation going back to the original Odyssey and I think they all have strengths and weaknesses. I get that not everyone can afford every console and handheld and I have been very fortunate to make a good living, but I would never look down on someone or attack them for the choices they make in their console, handheld or gaming purchases.

    I'm sorry that you would rather have a forum where everyone shares the same opinion and never questions erroneous facts. For as long as I'm a member here, however, I am going to continue to share my own opinion and correct inaccurate facts wherever they are posted.

  14. #54
    Pear (Level 6) Oldskool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,260
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    So it's decided then, there will be no uniting of Vita owners.
    I know right. That's what I was thinking. I didn't expect my thread to escalate into this. I wonder if most of the people in this thread even has a Vita. All I have to say is that if people would stop analyzing Sony and their practices and stop debating whether they are going to fail or win, and just pick one up and play it then all of this wouldn't really be a concern. Way too much over analzing in here.

    OK, so to those who OWN a Vita. What are your thoughts on it and what made you decide to purchase it? What is your favorite game, and what game is the one you are looking the most forward to? I personally can't wait for Phantasy Star on the Vita. I was thoroughly addicted to PSO on the DS, and it wasn't even that good of a game. On the Vita it can be just as sweet as the PC version, or even better.

    Other than the free AR games and now the free Frobisher Says game, I own Madden 13 (bundle), Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf, and Rayman. Of those I have played the most of Hot Shots golf, for ANYONE with a Vita, I HIGHLY recommend this game, you don't even have to be a golf fan to love it, it's just FUN. Next favorite of the games I own would have to be Rayman, BEST Rayman game EVER since the original PSX release - if you ask me. It's the formula Rayman should have stuck with. Yeah it's a port but big deal, it's awesome. Wipeout is freaking amazing I admit, I've just been too busy playing Hot Shots and Rayman to put much time into it - same for Madden 13, it's a GOOD game. I am just so consumed with Hot Shots and Rayman I haven't given it a chance.

  15. #55
    Pear (Level 6) Oldskool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,260
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    This is a discussion forum. I take the approach that if I agree with something that someone else posts, I will try to add something helpful to the discussion. Similarly, if I disagree with something, I post my opinion and try to provide logical and factual support for my opinion. The sad fact is that people have largely abandoned this forum and moved on to other places like Atari Age because the level of discourse and logical discussion that used to occur here has all but disappeared. People post opinions or inaccurate facts and pass them off as the truth and refuse to acknowledge that they were wrong when someone calls them on it. It seems like every other post now is some fanboy rant about how great Sony or Nintendo is (I haven't seen a similar post about Microsoft that I can recall, but if it exists I will concede the point) or how crappy Sony or Nintendo or Microsoft is. Sometimes to add a little variety, someone posts about a specific game either calling it great or crap, usually with no explanation or other thought given to the opinion and certainly no acknowledgement that someone could disagree and have a different opinion than their own.

    Personally, I own all of the consoles and handhelds from this generation and most from every generation going back to the original Odyssey and I think they all have strengths and weaknesses. I get that not everyone can afford every console and handheld and I have been very fortunate to make a good living, but I would never look down on someone or attack them for the choices they make in their console, handheld or gaming purchases.

    I'm sorry that you would rather have a forum where everyone shares the same opinion and never questions erroneous facts. For as long as I'm a member here, however, I am going to continue to share my own opinion and correct inaccurate facts wherever they are posted.
    I agree with you - good intelligent debates and conversations seem like a rarity these days on discussion forums. But I do want to mention that I am not a fanboy or anything trying to start a fanboy thread. I just merely created this thread for Vita owners or owners to be to discuss the wonderful handheld that it is. I noticed very little threads (that are current) devoted to Vita discussion, especially amongst owners. To be honest with you I love all video games. No particular fanboy here but Sega is my favorite, especially Genesis.

  16. #56
    Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    Frankie_Says_Relax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Posts
    7,824
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldskool View Post
    I know right. That's what I was thinking. I didn't expect my thread to escalate into this. I wonder if most of the people in this thread even has a Vita. All I have to say is that if people would stop analyzing Sony and their practices and stop debating whether they are going to fail or win, and just pick one up and play it then all of this wouldn't really be a concern. Way too much over analzing in here.

    OK, so to those who OWN a Vita. What are your thoughts on it and what made you decide to purchase it? What is your favorite game, and what game is the one you are looking the most forward to? I personally can't wait for Phantasy Star on the Vita. I was thoroughly addicted to PSO on the DS, and it wasn't even that good of a game. On the Vita it can be just as sweet as the PC version, or even better.

    Other than the free AR games and now the free Frobisher Says game, I own Madden 13 (bundle), Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf, and Rayman. Of those I have played the most of Hot Shots golf, for ANYONE with a Vita, I HIGHLY recommend this game, you don't even have to be a golf fan to love it, it's just FUN. Next favorite of the games I own would have to be Rayman, BEST Rayman game EVER since the original PSX release - if you ask me. It's the formula Rayman should have stuck with. Yeah it's a port but big deal, it's awesome. Wipeout is freaking amazing I admit, I've just been too busy playing Hot Shots and Rayman to put much time into it - same for Madden 13, it's a GOOD game. I am just so consumed with Hot Shots and Rayman I haven't given it a chance.
    Heh, I was just cracking wise, but it's a bit frustrating when even just overtly positive, optimistic discussion about something that's not setting the sales charts on fire catches static from those who like to illustrate things like the current consumer/developer landscape and the potential bleak future for a device like a Vita or a 3DS.

    I mean, at the end of the day I'm a realist, I'm not saying that there's no possibility for failure, but generally I like to have positive, optimistic discussions. Games are a hobby that I really enjoy, so even though there's tons of reasons to be defeatist/negative about things, I don't see much of a point wasting breath on listing all the reasons why a portable/handheld system won't weather the storm of the changing industry. That's just me though, anybody else who wants to, well that's all good as long as they don't make things personal.

    I've got a few physical games and a shit-ton of downloads that carried over from digital purchases and PLUS downloads on PSN on my Vita, as well as all the free stuff that has been offered. I think the system is amazingly engineered, it has lots of potential, Sony seems to have the store/compatibility with things like PSOne games sorted out and I think that it's just subsisting in the market in a tough time. Cross-play titles and ones that you buy on PS3 and get on Vita and vice/versa are awsome. I'm hoping that it'll get through this and I'm counting on Sony being as scrappy with it as they have been with the PSP. Once a few franchise/tent-pole titles come out that are bundle-worthy it might move more units. If not, maybe they will eventually slash the price and take the hit to get units to the public.

    I have very few complaints about the device overall other than the slow pace of new full-fledged titles rolling out at retail, but, I've got PLENTY to play with on it in the way of PSP/PSOne/Minis, so. Yeah. Vita is good.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"


  17. #57
    Pretzel (Level 4) Gamevet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    993
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    I'm holding off on the Vita for now. I really like the hardware and would love to play Uncharted, but the rest of the library doesn't excite me. Plus, I've only had my PSP for about 2 years, so I've been busy putting together a solid collection for it.

  18. #58
    ServBot (Level 11) swlovinist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Gamers Paradise
    Posts
    3,607
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

    Default

    I am not Vita owner, although I have played one several times along with several games. Of the four other friends of mine that have owned one, only one remains owning one. I do own a PSP and about 80 games. I mostly bought the system for all the obscure RPGs and oddball titles. I bought many of the games when the system was on it way out. I plan to do the same with the Vita.

    The Vita itself is a fine system. The problem is that the system has been marketed by a barrel of monkeys. Also, owning a dedicated portable game system now has less incentives. While I see that the Vita is getting some games, I think that I will wait till the system is cheaper new along with more games. I am fine with waiting.

    This is my stance on the 3DS well. I will buy one but only down the road. I am fine with waiting. I find myself caring less about portable games in general, even though I know that there are some great games out there.

    I think that Sony itself has a major image problem. I think that they could do alot more to advertise their systems better as well as promote the great products that they do have.

    Bottom line, I guess I will be like alot of other people that are fine with waiting on the system. I do plan on getting one.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

  19. #59
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Dangerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,744
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    It also doesn't help there's only 12 games for the system to pre-order, and of the 12, 3 are next year.

  20. #60
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,613
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    13
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerboy View Post
    It also doesn't help there's only 12 games for the system to pre-order, and of the 12, 3 are next year.
    It would be 12 if Gamefaqs information was correct.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 01:30 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 09:20 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 07:11 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 09:05 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 09:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •