Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    dgdgagdae

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    I believe so.

This wasn't the case with PSP since Plus never officially came to the device as a subscription service even though PSP compatible software is regularly offered through the service.

You should find Plus sign-up in the PSN store on the Vita starting next Tuesday evening.
    I knew you couldn't sign up on the PSP. I don't have a Vita, but this might push me toward getting one.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by dgdgagdae View Post
    I knew you couldn't sign up on the PSP. I don't have a Vita, but this might push me toward getting one.
    Yeah, just mentioned that because it's a typical question that comes up in the same breath as asking if it's available on Vita.

I wonder why they never did it on PSP ... I suppose they were concerned about rampant piracy on the devices taking advantage of potential exploits or something.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't have a PS3 so I wasn't interested in PS+. Now that it's available on the Vita I think I am gonna do it for sure. One this is for sure though, I will need a larger memory card than 2GB. Anyone know of a smoking deal on memory cards? Maybe for Cyber Monday?

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a heads up, if you buy a PS+ subscription, it appears that it auto-renews. I've got a family trip this week, so I figured I'd try it and actually have something to play on my Vita.

Edit: Oh, that's interesting. It reactivated the games from the "oops, sorry we leaked your credit card" reward package. Do PS+ games from a long time ago reactivate if you lapse and then resubscribe?
    Last edited by NayusDante; 11-20-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    Do PS+ games from a long time ago reactivate if you lapse and then resubscribe?
    Yes..
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm thinking about getting my kids a 1 year subscription to PS+ as one of their Xmas gifts. They both have Vita's.

the question is, what is the cutoff date to download this first batch of games ? Do I need to activate their accounts before Xmas and puchase (lease), the games on PSN with their account by a certain date ? If they want to get the first batch of games like Uncharted, Wipeout and Gravity Rush, etc, etc....

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While signed in to a PS+ activated PSN ID, you can add the games to your cart and activate them on a PS3. I'm pretty sure the Vita needs to be set up with that same account in order to transfer and play the content.

My guess is that the cutoff for this batch is going to be before Christmas, so your kids would probably see you adding + to their accounts and putting things on their download list if you did it beforehand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    While signed in to a PS+ activated PSN ID, you can add the games to your cart and activate them on a PS3. I'm pretty sure the Vita needs to be set up with that same account in order to transfer and play the content.

My guess is that the cutoff for this batch is going to be before Christmas, so your kids would probably see you adding + to their accounts and putting things on their download list if you did it beforehand.
    I could do it on the PS3 and they won't notice. Also, i think I could go into their Vita's and do it, and just "purchase" the games, but don't actually start downloading the games. I just need to know the cutoff date, so I can start it before a new batch of games come.

One of the biggest problems is the cost of the memory cards. One of them has an 8 gig memory card, and the other one has a 4 gig memory card. It's too bad the proprietary memory cards are so damned expensive, because it would be better if they both had 16 gig cards, but they are way too expensive...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    I could do it on the PS3 and they won't notice. Also, i think I could go into their Vita's and do it, and just "purchase" the games, but don't actually start downloading the games. I just need to know the cutoff date, so I can start it before a new batch of games come.

One of the biggest problems is the cost of the memory cards. One of them has an 8 gig memory card, and the other one has a 4 gig memory card. It's too bad the proprietary memory cards are so damned expensive, because it would be better if they both had 16 gig cards, but they are way too expensive...
    I agree. I have noticed that the price has gone down a bit and I suspect the prices on the memory cards will only fall when no one is buying them. They won't ever be cheap though.

Who else is excited about Phantasy Star Online 2 Vita? I know that I am - especially because it's a free game (still might get the special edition bundle). I do know that my memory card would be pretty much full if I installed that game. It's just a 4gb card which sucks (I said 2gb earlier oops).

I am very excited about PS+ though and will probably sign up as soon as I can.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'm not so much of a PC fan so I'll get the Vita version of PSO2 as well. Kind of sucks that it's online only though. Wish they'd make an offline mode also.

I don't know if any of you are Gust fans. I'm not. One thing I never liked about them is that all their PS3 games are PS1 or even PS2 quality, but they are porting Atalier Totori Adventurer of Arland to the Vita. It's a port, but this game looks much more appealing on the Vita than on the PS3 because it actually takes advantage of the hardware.

The PS3 version was localized, so there's a possibility that this would be as well. Hopefully Sony doesn't hold it back from being released here since it's a port though. The system needs all the games it can get, and if I was Sony, I'd allow ports, but have something set in place where they can't just port every game on the PS3. Maybe require atleast a 75 Metacritic rating or something like that since everyone goes off of Metacritic for everything. Just to get more games out there.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 11-21-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Just got Persona 4 Golden today.

The game itself both looks and sounds great on the Vita. I'm not sure exactly what is added to this version since I never got too far in the PS2 version. The amazon pre-order/Golden edition screen cover it came with is solid too. It functions as both a screen protector and face cover so it won't fall apart like cheap Hong Kong screens. The thing also had a nice matte texture, feels and looks great overall.

The Vita's gloss is nice but the fingerprints were driving me crazy and even with frequent cleaning they were just always there. Really tired of super glossy electronics from a purely practical perspective. lol
    Last edited by substantial_snake; 11-21-2012 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It sure looks sweet though.

Most beautiful handheld ever.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    The Vita's gloss is nice but the fingerprints were driving me crazy and even with frequent cleaning they were just always there. Really tired of super glossy electronics from a purely practical perspective. lol
    Fo sho.

Get yourself a small microfiber cloth or two at your local dollar store. Those are a fucking miracle product for getting rid of fingerprints and dust without scratching a gloss finish surface and the best part is for light jobs they don't need any type of cleaning fluid.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Fo sho.

Get yourself a small microfiber cloth or two at your local dollar store. Those are a fucking miracle product for getting rid of fingerprints and dust without scratching a gloss finish surface and the best part is for light jobs they don't need any type of cleaning fluid.
    I am well aware of microfiber cloths. its what I've been using to wipe down my various electronics for years now. I just tired of having to wipe them down all the time because of super gloss and my finderprints. lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121122_201018.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	5948Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121122_201914.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	5949

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Anyone else putting time into Aqua Kitty? This game is very fun and still free on Playstation Mobile until either tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on your region.

The game is short, it only either 20(?) stages and an infinite stage, but after you get past the first set of stages, it gets harder. I really didn't have any trouble saving all the cats in each stage until I got to the final stage in the third set. There are seven waves, but as soon as you hit wave three, it gets very difficult. I've completed it with one cat alive and I've got to the last wave a few times with all the cats alive, but haven't been able to complete it with all cats alive. The rest of the stages on the third set are all a joke compared to this one.

For any of you who like Defender, that's what the game is. Aqua Kitty Milk Mine Defender. When your cats are being captured you can't kill them like you can in Defender and you don't have to grab them and then set them on the ground. There are more bullets flying around in later levels on this game than in Defender. Multiple different enemy types. they all shoot differently, some explode when you shoot, some take a ton of hits, some take a few, some just take one, others have homing missiles and take a few hits, etc.

Defender fans should like it though, especially the infinite stage. According to the website it will eventually come out on Xbox and PC. They had something trying to get it on Steam but doesn't look like it went through.

Insert Coin (Level 0) LordsOfSkulls's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LordsOfSkulls
    PSN
    LordsOfSkulls

I got couple problems with Vita.

1) They screwed PSP Owners with no Support for UMDs or even a Discount (even though they did it in Japan)

2) Forcing on to you Digital Support for Games.... (Which is kinda b.s.)

3) A lot of games for PS Vita as it was said earlier in this thread are "Multiconsole Games" i dont know about you but i rather play with my friend games that have multiplayer on PS3 + Big screen than buying 2 Vitas and 2 Games to be able to enjoy multiplayer.

4) Not Enough Exclusives

5) Digital Games eat up your memory fast thus, making you get most expansive Memory Card (32GB = $100)

6) Waiting for 1-5 hours to redownload the game to play instead of having physical copy.

7) Sucking at getting certain games/forcing developers to bring it over... good example "Monster Hunter Series" that is like number 1 most popular game series on PSP (their last handheld) in japan they have it both on PS Vita/PS3 - raised the sales sky high and been runing as number 1 game sale on the systems for a long time.

What i like about it and only reason of thinking of getting it is....

1) Feels better in hand than PSP

2) Stronger System, so faster/better experience watching Netflix on the go

3) Ability to play and download certain PS1/PSP games that cost now $50+ to get for just under $10 (that big plus for me)

4) Amazing graphics it like having PS3 in your hands.

But the biggest problem is still for me Forcing Digital, Abandoning PSP owners, Lack of getting games that need to be on the system

Reason i picked up last christmas 3DS XL instead of Vita. + Support for older generation (DS Games) which has large libary that i started and been enjoying collecting. Also Amazing Exclusive titles that are just not ports, and very heavy focused on RPGs.

Oh and best of all... Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate in March for Wii U (in HD) and 3DS XL and whole reason why i want to buy a WII U

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Anyone else putting time into Aqua Kitty? This game is very fun and still free on Playstation Mobile until either tomorrow or Wednesday, depending on your region...
    Totally, I am having a blast with this little game. Just like you said when I got to the last stage of the third area, it got real hard real fast. Have you listened to the sound on it? Sounds like they got some decent chiptunes in there as well.

Highly recommended from me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Finally beat Aqua Kitty. There's one stage on the final set of stages that I doubt I'll be able to save all the cats. It was hard enough just completing it. It was on the bottom row of stages, but not the last one which was easy(although kind of cool.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn I missed this one. Wonder if it's still available?

Has anyone tried the free game Ecolibrium? I am quite digging it.

Some exciting stuff been coming out! I STILL play my Vita EVERY day and it's been several months now since I purchased it. I never regret the purchase! Long live VITA!

Insert Coin (Level 0) cholkavich's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cholkavich
    PSN
    Cholkavich

I love my psVita. I bought it day one and unfortunately had to sell it but about a month ago I picked up a used one from Craigslist for way cheap and have been collecting for it and playing the hell out of it since. Its an amazing system and baffles me when people shit all over it. I understand the 3DS has the nintendo properties but at the same time a lot of what is being put out is just re-releases of N64 games most of the time... meh. With the vita you have access to psp/ps1/minis/mobile/crossplay as well as vita titles. There is tremendous potential in the vita and I hope with the release of the PS4 theyre able to utilize it.

long live the vita!