Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: VITA owners UNITE!

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Last few months were pretty decent for PLUS content on Vita (at least PSP software-wise) with Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur PSP and some others.

This month we're getting a few dedicated Vita games in Knytt Undeground and BlazBlue

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...me-collection/
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Insert Coin (Level 0) cholkavich's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cholkavich
    PSN
    Cholkavich

anyone gonna pick up the new killzone when it comes out?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by cholkavich View Post
    anyone gonna pick up the new killzone when it comes out?
    If the reviews aren't as sub-par as every other FPS on the system I'll get it in a heartbeat. I love me some Killzone.

Fingers crossed that this is the Vita FPS that does it right.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cholkavich
    PSN
    Cholkavich

Heres a look at whats to come this year pre-E3

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Warrior's Lair looks like it's going to be good, but haven't heard anything about it in so long I actually forgot about it. I must have missed new gameplay that was released because before now I haven't seen what was in that video. Went to Youtube and found the video it came from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeP4bJV1KcU

*edit*

Sword of Rapier coming to the Vita as a Playstation Mobile title. The graphics on the XBLA version aren't really good, but they're even worse on this Vita port. Game looks like it could be fun though and depending on the price I might get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3e70dFhlRY

New Dragon's Crown trailer is out as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJRGa-GAU8U
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-27-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

We need a dedicated Playstation Plus thread ... but I'll just leave this here.

Having just started playing 999 on DS, I'm THRILLED to see that Virtues Last Reward is going to be added to the free Playstation Plus collection on Vita this month (along with a shit ton of other great titles on PS3)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...e-for-members/

Entering PS Plus in June (in no particular order)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
    Machinarium (PS3)
    Saints Row: The Third (PS3)
    Orc Attack (PS Vita)
    Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (PS Vita)

Giganticus breathalizer Mr Mort's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been thinking about Playstation Plus for a while. There appear to be some awesome deals there but there are a couple of things that keep me from taking the plunge:

-My preference for physical media. There's not much I can do to shake this one. It's a no-brainer that I can play the games on cards whenever I want, regardless of my future Playstation Plus status, and I don't need to worry about having space on my memory card.
    -All the games you get for free become non-playable if your account lapses, but is the same true for games you paid for at a reduced price? If I get to keep the games I pay for on the cheap, it'll help sweeten the deal.
    -I'm not too sure that I want to spend money in order to spend more money, if that makes sense. The way I see it, I'd be paying a monthly fee in order to purchase games at a discounted price. All the "free" games that would later disappear are nothing more than a rental to me. I'd have to see if maybe just a month or two of Plus would make up for the $ I'd save buying games at discounted prices, tho I don't think the math would really work out in my favor.

That being said, I've been waiting for the price of Uncharted to hit the $20-$25 mark for a new copy (physical), but it's still not there yet. I'm definitely not going to pay $40 for it.

Like Frankie said, if Killzone gets some good reviews, I'll pick it up, but beyond that, there's not all that much to look forward to other than Tearaway.
    Sony better bring it at E3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Mort, anything that you buy on discount you keep after Plus lapses.

Also anything that's not a game that they give fee (themes, avatars, soundtracks, dlc content) stays after your sub lapses.

The only thing you "lose" when your sub lapses is any full free game that you have downloaded stays on your HDD, memory card or download list but it "locks" but becomes playable again immediately when you renew.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

^The games you purchase at a discounted price do carry over after Playstation Plus ends. I'd say that Playstation Plus is a good service if you don't like to purchase digital games, but you do want some decent games that come to the service, even some physical games that you may not have purchased.

Playstation Plus updates every Tuesday and they're actually going to be removing Infamous 2 and LBP2, probably switching them out for different first party titles, so if you're interested at all, I'd recommend getting it before the update tomorrow. That way you have those games locked in for that year you'll be on it if you get it. Then in the future if you ever decide to renew it.

I own most retail PS3 games that release on PS+ but the digital games and Vita games are where it benefits me. Since I don't purchase the digital titles and not interested in hardly any Vita games, anything that comes out on those formats is something I've more than likely never played.

Orc Attack is one that comes out next month and seems like a Gauntlet style game with four player coop. I'm not really a fan of the humor the game uses. It actually turns me off to the game a little bit, but I've got some friends that asked me if I'll play that with them when it gets added to PS+ and I'll probably have a little fun with it.

For a year of digital rentals and being able to play games that I happen not to own that are on retail, such as Gravity Rush, I think $50 for one year is a good deal. I actually purchased PS+ when they were doing three months extra for free, so 15 months, but it's worth it and I've already got my moneys worth. Even if I've been disappointed at the absolute shit the US gets compared to Europe's PS+. I bought DoA5 finally, but Europe got it six months after release, and there are others that they've got a short time after release as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    ^The games you purchase at a discounted price do carry over after Playstation Plus ends. I'd say that Playstation Plus is a good service if you don't like to purchase digital games, but you do want some decent games that come to the service, even some physical games that you may not have purchased.

Playstation Plus updates every Tuesday and they're actually going to be removing Infamous 2 and LBP2, probably switching them out for different first party titles, so if you're interested at all, I'd recommend getting it before the update tomorrow. That way you have those games locked in for that year you'll be on it if you get it. Then in the future if you ever decide to renew it.

I own most retail PS3 games that release on PS+ but the digital games and Vita games are where it benefits me. Since I don't purchase the digital titles and not interested in hardly any Vita games, anything that comes out on those formats is something I've more than likely never played.

Orc Attack is one that comes out next month and seems like a Gauntlet style game with four player coop. I'm not really a fan of the humor the game uses. It actually turns me off to the game a little bit, but I've got some friends that asked me if I'll play that with them when it gets added to PS+ and I'll probably have a little fun with it.

For a year of digital rentals and being able to play games that I happen not to own that are on retail, such as Gravity Rush, I think $50 for one year is a good deal. I actually purchased PS+ when they were doing three months extra for free, so 15 months, but it's worth it and I've already got my moneys worth. Even if I've been disappointed at the absolute shit the US gets compared to Europe's PS+. I bought DoA5 finally, but Europe got it six months after release, and there are others that they've got a short time after release as well.
    Since every region has differences with physical releases, I don't have a problem with Plus having different selections on each region.

From what I've read, the EU Plus members are typically pissed off at stuff we get that they don't too.

I hear that we're getting DoA5 later this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Since every region has differences with physical releases, I don't have a problem with Plus having different selections on each region.

From what I've read, the EU Plus members are typically pissed off at stuff we get that they don't too.

I hear that we're getting DoA5 later this year.
    I bought DoA5 last month because we already waited a long time since Europe got it. If Europe is pissed about stuff we get, then it's not much, because usually we're getting Europe's crap that they've got months ago. Like Knytt Underground. They got that back in November. Deus Ex they got back after last E3. If anything we do get that's good they usually get it a month after but they consistently have better releases than we do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cholkavich
    PSN
    Cholkavich

If you dont already have Zero Escape, I highly recommend it. Ive been putting some serious time into it and its great!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ever since blazblue became free through ps plus, it's all I've been playing.

Such a great fighting game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Peloquin17 View Post
    Ever since blazblue became free through ps plus, it's all I've been playing.

Such a great fighting game.

I need to try that. I wonder how much space it takes up. I really need to get a 16 gig mem card.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    I need to try that. I wonder how much space it takes up. I really need to get a 16 gig mem card.
    A little over 3 gigs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cholkavich
    PSN
    Cholkavich

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Still not sure if I should buy one yet, I still have a feeling a price drop/new model is coming soon...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Much like PSP, the Vita's road to success will likely be paved FIRST in Japan. Once there's software there (Monster Hunter, etc.) that moves units, Japanese developers will make games and publishers will localize them for other markets.

And in the meantime we're getting a lot of great cross-buy and indie selections from the PSN, so it's not like there's "nothing to play".

I'm still booting my Vita up a couple times a week, and considering how often I grab for my iPad, that's a good thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went into my local Wal-mart the other day and there's still virtually nothing I wanna play for this system other than Uncharted and Need for Speed: Most Wanted. It's a shame, cuz the Vita is an impressive piece of hardware, there's just very few games, and the memory cards are still too pricey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Well. It'll be Vita's time to shine once again the end of the third quarter and the fourth quarter this gen. Dragon's Crown for PS3/Vita, Killzone Mercenary, Ys, Demon Gaze, Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate for 3DS/Vita(Vita's getting a better looking version while the 3DS version is 3D,) and Tearaway.

There have been digital only releases of retail games that have came out, plus a bunch of PSN games or cross buy PSN games like Guacamelee, Uncharted Fight For Fortune, etc, that being digital really don't sell to the mass market. Those of us who look up video games online might see PSN announcements, etc, but what about the millions out there who think the Vita has no games based on what's on the store shelves? The ones that are tempted to purchase the system and would possibly buy the system if they saw it actually had more retail titles.

Instead of selling just PSN cards, Sony needs to sell PSN game cards that are activated at the counter. That way they can have games like Guacamelee, Fight For Fortune, Atelier Totori, Atelier Meruru, Retro City Rampage, etc, sitting on shelves and showing that the Vita has more than just the retail games they've been seeing. A lot of people don't mind digital and there are actually a lot of good digital games.