Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: VITA owners UNITE!

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by duffmanth View Post
    I went into my local Wal-mart the other day and there's still virtually nothing I wanna play for this system other than Uncharted and Need for Speed: Most Wanted. It's a shame, cuz the Vita is an impressive piece of hardware, there's just very few games, and the memory cards are still too pricey.
    Unfortunately the "store shelves" are not the place to look for the best of what Vita has to offer.

The PSN store is really where it's at for good content.

Sony really needs to slash prices on memory cards (or some company needs to start cranking out 3rd party ones) for Vita owners or prospective buyers to get on board and experience everything that it has to offer.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Insert Coin (Level 0) cholkavich's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cholkavich
    PSN
    Cholkavich

Honestly you are missing out on a huge library of titles if you are basing your options off whats in the Wal-Mart shelf. You have the PS1, PSP, PSMobile, PSMini, PSN titles plus youll probably only find about 1/5 of what the Vita has to offer on the shelfs. I often have to get titles online (often under $20) because the stores only carry the usual 10 titles.

Also if you have PS+ you get an instant collection, and right now its a damn good one.

I already put some money down on Dragons Crown and Ys. Im very excited for both those games, especially the Ys game! I hope its on par with Ys Seven. Has anyone played Soul Sacrifice? Any good?

Oh and for those who want the Playstation Allstars, I saw it at my local Wal-mart for 19.99. Not sure if its just my local wal-mart or all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Unfortunately the "store shelves" are not the place to look for the best of what Vita has to offer.

The PSN store is really where it's at for good content.

Sony really needs to slash prices on memory cards (or some company needs to start cranking out 3rd party ones) for Vita owners or prospective buyers to get on board and experience everything that it has to offer.
    I'm waiting for a Gran Turismo, or Metal Gear, or something from Naughty Dog before I buy a Vita. And yeah, the memory card prices to be cut in half.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cholkavich View Post
    Honestly you are missing out on a huge library of titles if you are basing your options off whats in the Wal-Mart shelf. You have the PS1, PSP, PSMobile, PSMini, PSN titles plus youll probably only find about 1/5 of what the Vita has to offer on the shelfs. I often have to get titles online (often under $20) because the stores only carry the usual 10 titles.

Also if you have PS+ you get an instant collection, and right now its a damn good one.

I already put some money down on Dragons Crown and Ys. Im very excited for both those games, especially the Ys game! I hope its on par with Ys Seven. Has anyone played Soul Sacrifice? Any good?

Oh and for those who want the Playstation Allstars, I saw it at my local Wal-mart for 19.99. Not sure if its just my local wal-mart or all.
    Well I should have mentioned I've been to several other retailers and the Vita game selection isn't much better. I guess I'm just not finding many games that I would personally buy a Vita for, but they'll come along eventually.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by duffmanth View Post
    I'm waiting for a Gran Turismo, or Metal Gear, or something from Naughty Dog before I buy a Vita. And yeah, the memory card prices to be cut in half.
    Then why don't you already have a Vita? The games aren't new, but Metal Gear Solid Collection is on the Vita and the Jak and Daxter Collection is also on the Vita. The first Jak and Daxter I hear is unplayable due to framerate issues while Jak 2 and Jak 3 are 30fps. I know you mean a new game, but they fit what you're asking for as they are "Metal Gear" and "Naughty Dog" games.

The closest you'll ever get to seeing a Naughty Dog game on the Vita is a port like the Jak and Daxter Collection or a game like Uncharted Golden Abyss. Sony Bend did a great job making a new Uncharted for the Vita.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Then why don't you already have a Vita? The games aren't new, but Metal Gear Solid Collection is on the Vita and the Jak and Daxter Collection is also on the Vita. The first Jak and Daxter I hear is unplayable due to framerate issues while Jak 2 and Jak 3 are 30fps. I know you mean a new game, but they fit what you're asking for as they are "Metal Gear" and "Naughty Dog" games.

The closest you'll ever get to seeing a Naughty Dog game on the Vita is a port like the Jak and Daxter Collection or a game like Uncharted Golden Abyss. Sony Bend did a great job making a new Uncharted for the Vita.
    Yes I'm waiting for new titles from these series, not games I've played a million times. I just want some new games before I spend $300 on a Vita and a memory card.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a Vita near launch on discount (one of the K-Marts by was going out of business and had the system on clearance for 20% off or something like that), thinking that the library would pick up after a post-launch drought like the PSP suffered from, and a year later (or has it been more?) I'm still underwhelmed by its library.

None of the indie games for the platform have really interested me (the last "big" indie game I saw the PSN blog promote was about a men's room, which yeah, no. After that I stopped bothering to look), and even if they did, the memory card prices prevent me from getting anything that could hold much on my system.

I prefer to play games on a big TV when possible, so I only buy Vita games if they are unique to the system, which has left me very disappointed. The retail stores all carry the same 8-10 games they've had for what seems like ages, and most of those are games I could play on other systems anyway.

It feels like we get one Vita game of note a month, and most of the time they end up being a port of a console game, a crap spin-off of a big console franchise, or something I'm just not interested in, which is fine, I don't expect every release to cater to my tastes, but it really is getting tiresome.

At this point in the PSP's lifespan I had probably around 15-20 games for thing. For Vita, I'm still only at 3 (two of which were gifts). I want to like this system, but the lack of unique games for the platform (that interest me anyway) has relegated the machine to the role of PSP/PSOne player for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cholkavich
    PSN
    Cholkavich

Just a heads up, Super Monkeyball Banana Splitz is $5.99 on amazon right now.
    http://www.amazon.com/Super-Monkey-B...rds=monkeyball

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cholkavich
    PSN
    Cholkavich

Another Heads Ups on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale $9.99
    http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Al...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Just recently got one. Heard the import @field is pretty good, so may pick that one up. Loving New Little King's Story and probably will pick up Gravity Rush soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Target has Unit 13 for $14.99 right now which is a great deal on a great game.

I decided to try the free 14 day trial of PS+ and so far I am liking the games they offer this month. Velocity 2X and Tempest 6,578 is SWEET. I picked up Muramasa and Dragon's Crown hard copies a few months ago and those are pretty sweet as well. I am still playing on the VITA hardcore almost everyday!! I don't know what I would do without it. I play games on it, watch netflix, browse the Internet.. it's really the most used device I currently own.

Supposedly the amount of playable titles (PS Vita, PSP, PSone, Mini) is now just shy of 1,000 - I believe 950 or so.

I can't keep up with it! It really seems to be getting good support especially in the Fighter and RPG genres!

Oh and pick up My Singing Monsters - it's a free download and highly addictive!

I am not sure why everyone is saying that it's a dead system. Please. There seems to be new releases every week or so.

Has anyone seen the new PS VITA slim yet? I have yet to check it out but I hear that they are using a standard LCD screen now and not the original OLED. I also hear that it's not as crisp or bright or something... has anyone verified if there is a noticeable difference? If so then I am glad to have an OLED Vita.
    Last edited by Oldskool; 09-21-2014 at 12:45 AM.