Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Default psp go cradle question

do any owners of both the psp go and pspgo cradle have any problems using their system via component cables and not being able to properly display in progressive while simultaneously charging from the dock?

what i mean to say is are your forced to play in interlace when both component cables and ac charger are plugged into the cradle? because thats what happening to me, i can get component signal just fine when i unplug the power cord (which is new btw, i just bought it) and i have 2 component cables with which i've tested going directly to a switch box and then later straight to the tv and still same problem

im afraid it might just be the cradle which i just bought used and its looking like i got fucked in the deal because the power cable already turned out not to work and if the problem is with the cradle itself then i got double fucked

any help would be appreciated, i know frankie has the set, i'd like to hear from him on this as well
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 10-27-2012 at 04:34 PM.
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

nevermind, turns out i had to wait until it was fully charged before i could successfully output in progressive while the charger is plugged in for some reason, oh well there you go, learn something new everyday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One of these days I'd like to finally get a PSP, and the main reason why is because they have component output - I think that's great. Too bad my Vita doesn't have that option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Oldskool View Post
    Too bad my Vita doesn't have that option.
    Indeed it is, particularly with its excellent PSP compatibility and the ability to do some image processing to PSP games, it's a real shame that the Vita lacks tv/out.

Instead people are left buying a PSP Go just in order to have BlueTooth controller support and are stuck with a botched aspect ratio and a small playing area with TV/Out on the 2000/3000/Go (or buying an expensive 3rd party PSP upscaler that adds a bit of input lag just to have full screen tv/out in games along with the correct 16:9 aspect ratio).

Hopefully Sony adds that feature down the line in a Vita revision. Don't even really need PS3 controller support thanks to the Vita actually having decent analog sticks.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 10-27-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Indeed it is, particularly with its excellent PSP compatibility and the ability to do some image processing to PSP games, it's a real shame that the Vita lacks tv/out.

Instead people are left buying a PSP Go just in order to have BlueTooth controller support and are stuck with a botched aspect ratio and a small playing area with TV/Out on the 2000/3000/Go (or buying an expensive 3rd party PSP upscaler that adds a bit of input lag just to have full screen tv/out in games along with the correct 16:9 aspect ratio).

Hopefully Sony adds that feature down the line in a Vita revision. Don't even really need PS3 controller support thanks to the Vita actually having decent analog sticks.

actually the vita not having bluetooth controller support is the main reason i didnt buy one and instead opted for pspgo, the component cables that usually go with the psp's and vita are crazy short, whats the point of being able to play on a tv if i have to sit 2 feet next to the tv

if sony had been more aggressive in marketing the bluetooth adapter in the go and being able to use a dualshock controller while hooking it up to your tv and being able to sit back and relax while you play crisis core or something, the go would have done much better

it also scales ps1 games fullscreen and in progressive scan and thats always nice, not to mention all the emulators and homebrew games out there to sweeten the pot. i look at a pspgo less as a handheld and more as an extremely portable console, when the vita catches up, thats when i'll come on board

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    actually the vita not having bluetooth controller support is the main reason i didnt buy one and instead opted for pspgo, the component cables that usually go with the psp's and vita are crazy short, whats the point of being able to play on a tv if i have to sit 2 feet next to the tv
    The cables can't be too short for the Vita since they simply don't even exist. The Vita lacks tv out capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMAN.S9 View Post
    if sony had been more aggressive in marketing the bluetooth adapter in the go and being able to use a dualshock controller while hooking it up to your tv and being able to sit back and relax while you play crisis core or something, the go would have done much better
    While I like my console PSP (In other words, my PSP Go), I think you're exaggerating.

The console world was moving into HD during the PSP's glory years. Furthermore, it doesn't really do anything on the big screen that gamer's weren't already getting with the previous generation of game consoles from a software standpoint (Heck, a good percentage of the PSP library were either PS2 ports or were ported to the PS2).

And even worse was the inability of the PSP to even upscale games to 480i or 480p (Let alone to an HD resolution that would've been more appropriate for many displays). That left PSP owners stuck with games running in a window on their tv due to the low resolution of the PSP. And even more annoying was that the window wasn't even in correct 16:9 proportions due to differently shaped pixels a PSP display used compared to a television. And the 3rd party PSP upscaler from recent years that solves those issues has too much lag to enjoy many PSP games with.

Was far too imperfect I think for them to have gained much traction with the PSP Go as a way to enjoy PSP software on a tv. Between the problems associated with it and the lack of a UMD drive which limited your game selection and forced you to rebuy games you already owned in UMD form if you wanted to play them on your Go, I think they sold about as many as they could've to people like you and me that wanted a consolized PSP. Placing any focus on it in their advertising would've been a waste of effort I suspect. People buy handhelds primarily to be handhelds for starters and the tv/out capabilities of the PSP were lackluster at best for games and was hardly a selling point as such.

The Vita can upscale PSP software to the native resolution of the screen (Which means it potentially could also upscale them to a standard HDTV resolution and eliminate the issues the PSP's tv/out had), has built in BlueTooth which means they could impliment PS3 controller support anytime they wanted to, and it adds the ability to remap PSP controls to the right analog stick which comes in handy in quite a few games.

If they'd just add tv/out capabilities to the Vita, I'd happily quickly unplug my Go from my tv. I'd still be unable to play my UMD collection (Which occasionally sucks when there's something I'd want to play on my tv with a proper controller instead of the PSP's horrible analog nub but isn't available on PSN to download), but I think every other issue I have with my Go connected to my tv would be erased.

Of course I suspect that software created for the Go would probably be unable to be upscaled and things would start all over again...
    Last edited by Leo_A; 10-31-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    The cables can't be too short for the Vita since they simply don't even exist. The Vita lacks tv out capabilities.

whatttt? it doesnt? lol how gay