I remember in, what was it, 2000 when The Sims came out. It was one of the first PC games that I bought when I started my era of PC gaming. Anyways my point is, is the Sims getting to be just too much? At first, it was just the game itself. Then the Livin' Large expansion pck came out. Then, because the Sims is "The best selling PC game of all time", Livin' Large was followed by House Party, Hot Date, Vacation, Unleashed, and now Superstar (I think it is called). At first, an expansion pack or two was neat and added on cool stuff to the game. But with 6 expansion packs, each one costing about $40CDN, it is just too much for me. The original game still costs full price, and in some places is even more expensive. Lets do a bit of a tally here (these prices are rough approximations,vary from store to store, and are Canadian. I haven't checked these prices in a little while. Also, I am unsure of the price of The Deluxe edition, which is the game itself and Livin' Large in a bundle, so it is not used in this tally.)

The Sims: $50
Livin' Large: $34.99 (I believe, most stores around me don't stock this anymore)
House Party: $34.99
Hot Date: $34.99
Vacation: $34.99
Unleashed: $34.99
Superstar: $34.99

Total: $259.94

That is insane! Most The Sims fans have bought the expansion packs 1 by 1, but imagine if you were new to it. Ouch.

This all being said I do like the Sims and most anything else from Maxis, but it is just too much for me to handle.

Anyways, I rant too much. Here it ends.