Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default WARNING! I just got this Ebay "Scam" in my email

WARNING! I just got this Ebay "Scam" in my email,... (any complaints about this can be directed to spoof@ebay.com

If you look in Ebay help you will find a warning about this fafe email..

Dear eBay User,

During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we could not verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete.

As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has been restricted.

According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by log in and complete the form that will pop up or else your account will be suspended without the right to register again with eBay.

After you will login please verify your information in order to complete this verification.

Thank you

eBay Customer Support
    eBay User ID
    You can also use your registered email.

eBay Password
    Forgot your password?

Here's..What I found when I went looking through Ebay's Announcement board.

For new system updates, see the
    eBay System Announcements Board

***Protect Yourself From Spoof Emails***
    Date: 08/01/03 Time: 05:32:40 PM PDT

Some Community members have received deceptive emails claiming to come from eBay. Fraudsters who send these emails hope that recipients will reply or click on a link contained in the email and then provide personal information (i.e., eBay passwords, social security numbers and credit card numbers). We refer to these emails as "Spoof Emails".

We encourage you to be cautious when responding to any email request for personal information. Remember, if you are ever asked to provide information to eBay, you can simply open a new browser, type www.ebay.com, sign in, and use the Site Map to navigate the site.

You can also take a few simple steps to protect your account and prevent senders of spoof emails from doing harm:

1.Be sure you are on an eBay page – It is generally not a good idea to click on links in an email. However, if you do, be sure that you are signing into a genuine eBay web site by looking at the address/location area of your browser. At an eBay.com sign-in or log-in page, the URL (link) that appears in the address/location area of your browser will begin with "http://cgi.ebay.com/", "https://scgi.ebay.com/" or "http://signin.ebay.com/". Please pay close attention to all characters in the address, including the forward slash (/) that follows "ebay.com". Even if the address/location includes the word "ebay", it may not be a genuine eBay web site.

2. Report Fraudulent Email -- If you have any doubt whether an email is from eBay, use your email client’s "forward" feature to forward a copy of it to spoof@ebay.com immediately with full header information, if possible. If you have already replied to the fraudulent email, contact your bank and/or credit card companies immediately to prevent identity theft.

3. Check Your Account – eBay recommends checking your My eBay and Account Preferences periodically to ensure that no one has tampered with your account.

Your vigilance helps us ensure that eBay remains a safe and vibrant online marketplace. For more information on how to protect your eBay password and your account, please visit the eBay Security Center. You can access the Security Center by clicking on Help from the Navigation Bar at the top of every eBay page, then clicking on the "Security Center" link.

Regards,
    eBay

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Where does it direct you, and where is it from?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People who send that stuff should be shot.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Actually I didn't take the chance and reply to it..I was going to write something nasty as the User ID and Ebay password but I didn't...yet..

It said (As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has been restricted.)

I went and bid on something with no problem..then my wife checked through Ebay help and found something written warning of this fake/hackers email..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I also posted this warning here...for more answers..

http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ult...c;f=8;t=021707

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Complete scam. I get em sometimes, just report em to eBay with the IP of the sender.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, this one actually looks pretty good, kudos to the guy that made this one. If anyone is stupid enough to enter their screenname and password in an E-MAIL, then I say they deserve to lose their account
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was actually one of the first victims of this one. They took over my ebay account and changed my passwords and information, and posted a bunch of phony auctions. Unforutnately, my email address used the same password and they took that over as well. Thankfully after 2 weeks of contacting both ebay and Yahoo, both accounts were recovered without any damages.
    Be very careful about these emails, as many look very official.
    Xbox Live: Ikari Warrior
    PSN: IkariWarrior

My collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/jaysweet99
    My theater: http://gallery.avsforum.com/showgall...ppuser/7596262

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I got one the other day, and I thought it was real, but when I tried to put in my username and password it wouldn't take me to the site. I'm glad it didn't work cause I probably would have filled out the rest of my info. Darth Vader posted this thing last night on the ebay forum...here's the link:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/view...asc&highlight=

He's even got the link of what they wanted us to fill out.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll
    Actually I didn't take the chance and reply to it..I was going to write something nasty as the User ID and Ebay password but I didn't...yet.
    I always do this. login: lickmyass@thecrack.com pw:tastegood?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Drexel, if after you put you name and password in, if it brought you to an ad page, it's too late. I put just my username and password in, it then went to an advertisment page. I was like "this isn't right, I'd better close it." I forgot all about it til about a month or two later when my ebay account was invalid, followed by the password of my email account being wrong.
    If you were brought to an ad page make sure to change you ebay password NOW! Same goes for email passowrds if they are the same.
    Xbox Live: Ikari Warrior
    PSN: IkariWarrior

My collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/jaysweet99
    My theater: http://gallery.avsforum.com/showgall...ppuser/7596262

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari Warrior
    Drexel, if after you put you name and password in, if it brought you to an ad page, it's too late. I put just my username and password in, it then went to an advertisment page. I was like "this isn't right, I'd better close it." I forgot all about it til about a month or two later when my ebay account was invalid, followed by the password of my email account being wrong.
    If you were brought to an ad page make sure to change you ebay password NOW! Same goes for email passowrds if they are the same.
    It didn't bring me anywhere cause when I pressed submit in my email it wouldn't open the webpage. I guess I'll change it just to make sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoogie
    Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll
    Actually I didn't take the chance and reply to it..I was going to write something nasty as the User ID and Ebay password but I didn't...yet.
    I always do this. login: lickmyass@thecrack.com pw:tastegood?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I just got another EBay Email that looks like a SCAM..

Ebay Draw

You could win this hot Ford Explorer Tdi

All you have to do is to login to "My Ebay" and
    confirm your entrance. After that you will get a Unique Contest Key that will represent you in the draw

Sign In...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Aboard a pirate ship, sailing towards adventure.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got soemthing like that a few weeks ago, exept it was supposedly from hotmail. Looked quite authentic, exept that I KNOW you can't re-login to hotmail through an E-mail you just opened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon Lad
    I got soemthing like that a few weeks ago, exept it was supposedly from hotmail. Looked quite authentic, exept that I KNOW you can't re-login to hotmail through an E-mail you just opened.
    Yea..,What struck me weird is that I was on Ebay when I got the email asking me to sign in..

I'm always signed into ebay..I didn't sign out..
    I'm figuring how the heck can I sign in through an email when I'm already loged-in..

So,am I right to say this is a scam?
    I didn't check the EBay message boards yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I'm Getting tired of this..Anyone know what I can do about this..I keep getting new ones..

Membership Authentification !
    We regret to inform you that eBay will suspend your account if you don't solve your problems .With this protect account tip you can protect your account on eBay to not be stollen , also we are investigating frauds on our site . Ebay in asociation with

;

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning,
    temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership
    and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe
    that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our
    users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or
    authenticate any information you provide to us.

Please note that this suspension does not relieve you of your
    agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to ebay.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
    eBay, Inc.

--
    eBay

eBay User&Password Authentification!
    Enter Information

Account protecting program!
    Enter Information
    Account protecting program!

Full Name
    e.g., John H. Doe

First name M.I. Last name

Company Name

Address
    City
    State Select State Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming Puerto Rico Virgin Island Northern Mariana Islands Guam American Samoa Palau
    Date of Birth Month 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Social Security Number - -

Driver's License Number Select One No Driver's License Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming Puerto Rico Virgin Island Northern Mariana Islands Guam American Samoa Palau
    e.g. A189764530

Postal Code (Zip)

Primary Phone
    ( ) - Ext:

PRIVATE INFORMATION

Your card will not be charged at this protecting account tip. Rest assured that your information is kept safe and private.

Credit card number

CVV2

Expiration date
    --Month-- January February March April May June July August September October November December --Year-- 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012

Cardholder name

eBay Alert : There will be no folowing messages if your account is authentic.Verify your information before clicking return!

Best Regards , eBay Department Inc .

Copyright 1995-2003 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Another Scam Email...I just got..
    I replied to the the reciprient...feywood9@optonline.net
    "Why don't you go Fuck Yourself Asshole".

(((This is the reciprient...feywood9@optonline.net))

Dear eBay User,

During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we couldn't verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete.

As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has been restricted. To start using your eBay account fully, please update and verify your information by clicking below :

https://scgi.ebay.com/saw-cgi/eBayIS...ifyInformation

Regards,
    eBay

***Please Do Not Reply To This E-Mail As You Will Not Receive A Response***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got one of those too, but they wanted a cop of my driver's license and credit card faxed to them, so I thought that it had to be a scam. There are also similar ones going around for most of the big ISPs like MSN/AOL.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if this has changed lately, but I wrote this a few weeks back:

Several things shows it is fake including:

-The ip address 211.37.185.30 (which is where the form is stored) does not have a domain name.

-The page does not use SSL.

-The real address of that page is http://211.37.185.30:7301/ meaning ip address 211.37.185.30 using port 7301.

-The link in the email leads to http://scgi.ebay.com@211.37.185.30:7301 . The @ sign makes it just go to the address after it. They can put anything in front of it, here is an example: http://digitpress.com@211.37.185.30:7301

-Here is another example using the @ sign http://www.ebay.com@www.digitpress.com

-Also, if you just type in http://scgi.ebay.com you will notice nothing is there. Like I said above the real address is simply http://211.37.185.30:7301

-There is no error checking or confirmation for the form. I filled it out with fake info and it forwarded to the eBay home page without saying a thing.

-The email does not contain text. The reason you can not copy and paste this email is because what you actually see there is a GIF image:

</IMG>