Thread: Pro Wrestling X Kickstarter Wrestling game inspired by No Mercy/VPW

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pro Wrestling X Kickstarter Wrestling game inspired by No Mercy/VPW

Not sure about the internet but most of my friends have many good memories of WWF No Mercy for the N64. Sure theres no dlc or season passes but the game looks to capture the good old fashoned fun of a simpler time for Wrestling games. Some dudes have been working in their spare time for 10 odd years making an engine for a No mercy/Virtual Pro Wrestling inspired game. Im not usually one to trumpet on a kickstarter but this hasent gotten the press I think it deserves and i really want this to be funded. It is for PC and one could assume depending on what the get there may be MAC/Linux ports. Heres their kickstarter and the Pro Wrestling X webpage.
    Last edited by CDiablo; 11-14-2012 at 07:44 PM.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome! donating now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ermagerd! Werstling!
    The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us!"......and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love me a good wrestling game. But I also love playing them on a console.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CDiablo View Post
    Not sure about the internet but most of my friends have many good memories of WWF No Mercy for the N64. Sure theres no dlc or season passes but the game looks to capture the good old fashoned fun of a simpler time for Wrestling games. Some dudes have been working in their spare time for 10 odd years making an engine for a No mercy/Virtual Pro Wrestling inspired game. Im not usually one to trumpet on a kickstarter but this hasent gotten the press I think it deserves and i really want this to be funded. It is for PC and one could assume depending on what the get there may be MAC/Linux ports. Heres their kickstarter and the Pro Wrestling X webpage.
    No Mercy is still my favourite wrestling game of all time.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

This is cool and all, but I'd REALLY like to see a new, non-Fire Pro retro-style hand-drawn/pixel style 16 bit wrestling game in the style of Mat Mania/Pro Wrestling/Saturday Night Slam Masters.

Something that captures the feel of arcade style wrestling games without the need for a license like WWE.

Or, another/new game in the Saturday Night Slam Masters that's much more like the first game and nothing like the JP/EU only 2D fighting plane sequel.

Or, a port of Saturday Night Slam Masters with online code.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Strawberry (Level 2) The Great Dane's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been following this project for years. Dave has only had 1 programming working for him for the last 3 or so years with absolutely no money. But, together, they have managed to build an entire game engine from scratch that is completely made for wrestling games. Their first game, PWX: Uprising, is finished and is expected to release this year. This Kickstarter campaign is for the sequel, which Dave wants to add a bunch of new stuff. The problem right now is not having any funds to hiring anyone other than his 1 programmer.

$15 pledge on Kickstarter will get you the first release, Uprising when it releases later this year, PLUS the Pro Wrestling X sequel when it is complete. 2 games for only $15. Awesome deal.

They also just announced yesterday that wrestling legend Lance Storm is joining the PWX team as a wrestling consultant. This is huge news for a team of their size. However, this is only if the Kickstarter campaign gets the complete funding.

If you any of you guys are big wrestling fans that want choices in game selections again, please help them out.

Also, they are trying to get Uprising accepted on Steam Greenlight. Please help out and vote for it: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=92916857

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RARusk View Post
    Ermagerd! Werstling!
    Took me about 3-4 days till I realised I wrote Werstling instead of Wrestling in the title. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

No problem. Just had a little fun with the misspelling.
    The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "save us!"......and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

Strawberry (Level 2) The Great Dane's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A new update for the Pro Wrestling X Kickstarter:

Now, for anyone who has a pledge of $50 or more, you will be have early access to the create-a-wrestler feature in order to create your own original wrestler who will officially be included in the full release of Pro Wrestling X when it releases next year. So, the game could potentially ship with more than 100 or so wrestlers included. Awesome! However, only if successfully funded of course. This is exciting news for me as a long time wrestling game fan and the wish of one day having one of my original caws included in a wrestling game as a wrestler, not a caw.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...tling-ga/posts

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pro wrestling x is back on kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...wrestling-ga-0

Colder Than Absolute Zero negative_chill's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Dane View Post
    Their first game, PWX: Uprising, is finished and is expected to release this year. This Kickstarter campaign is for the sequel, which Dave wants to add a bunch of new stuff. The problem right now is not having any funds to hiring anyone other than his 1 programmer.
    I go to this professional wrestling forum (won't bother mentioning the name) a lot and apparently the general agreement is that Dave robbed a lot of people out of their money when he decided to permanently shut down Uprising until further notice. IDK, until it's actually completed this time, I'll reserve my judgement.

The PC market hasn't had a wrestling game in years (there was supposed to be a more modern remake of Wrestle Fest, but I'm guessing it was being made by THQ and never made it to market due to them going under) and I'm really excited for a new one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Interesting concept in the update, but the whole draw to wrestling games, for me at least, was a connection to the real-life wrestlers. Yes THQ made my favorite wrestling games of all time, but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy a similar engine with a bunch of made-up jabronis.

Wish them luck, just not something I'd back.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post
    Interesting concept in the update, but the whole draw to wrestling games, for me at least, was a connection to the real-life wrestlers. Yes THQ made my favorite wrestling games of all time, but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy a similar engine with a bunch of made-up jabronis.

Wish them luck, just not something I'd back.
    Well I am sure it will be like Fire Pro where you will have an entire roster of real wrestlers through mods shortly after(possibly day 1) release. Theyve made a point to highlight its mod friendly ways. Its already been backed so We will see. I find it really odd they wanted $75k for the first kickstarter and now $6k for this one though.
    Last edited by CDiablo; 03-10-2014 at 09:16 PM.