Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new NEOGEO X..Who is getting one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

Default The new NEOGEO X..Who is getting one?

I will be getting one the day it comes out which is Dec.6, I have a AES Neo, which i have had for 15 years, but i am excited for this to come out, and I hope that they release all the games on the cards..cant wait..hope you all support it so we can get all the games again. but only cheaper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I won't be getting it.

I think it would be superior (And probably economically comparable) to just buy the Virtual Console downloads on the Wii. It has a large selection of NeoGeo titles, the emulator seems pretty solid, and it's about the only platform on the VC that fairly routinely recieves a new release. And there are arcade sticks available as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    I won't be getting it.

I think it would be superior (And probably economically comparable) to just buy the Virtual Console downloads on the Wii. It has a large selection of NeoGeo titles, the emulator seems pretty solid, and it's about the only platform on the VC that fairly routinely recieves a new release. And there are arcade sticks available as well.
    Yeah, but VC titles aren't portable :/

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one ordered with an extra stick. I have an AES but not all those games the NEO X comes wit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've encountered some serious flaws with NeoGeo games on the VC.
    For one thing, some games, like KOF 94, have completely messed up button configurations that can't be changed.
    Others have really inaccurate sound. The collection discs seemed solid, though.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retroman View Post
    I will be getting one the day it comes out which is Dec.6, I have a AES Neo, which i have had for 15 years, but i am excited for this to come out, and I hope that they release all the games on the cards..cant wait..hope you all support it so we can get all the games again. but only cheaper.
    I won't support this. It's a cheap handheld emulator made by Blaze. SNK has nothing to do with it other than licensing the roms and the physical appearance of the docking box and joystick.

Strawberry (Level 2) Nitrosport's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one reserved and will be picking it up on release day. I just hope they release alot more of the aes library. Some of the built in games are good but I'm looking forward to others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I won't support this. It's a cheap handheld emulator made by Blaze. SNK has nothing to do with it other than licensing the roms and the physical appearance of the docking box and joystick.
    This. Too expensive to warrant a purchase on nostalgia alone. If it was replica AES hardware with something like an SD slot then I could see it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cheap crap trashy product. Will not get. Not interested. Everyone stay away...this is bullsh*t.

thank you.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I won't be getting it.

Agreed. No way in hell is this thing worth $200. And I already have a Neo-Geo CD anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    Yeah, but VC titles aren't portable :/
    If that's the main reason someone is interested in this, then the Wii option isn't a viable one. But there are other choices that are substitutes there as well.

For official options, a PSP which many of us already own anyways has Metal Slug Anthology, SNK Arcade Classics Volume 1, and several downloadable games. Could acquire everything and have a significant amount of money left over for other games compared to this option.

And there are unofficial homebrew emulators for portable devices including what this seems to be derived from. And I bet the homebrew emulators will outperform this effort.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I've encountered some serious flaws with NeoGeo games on the VC.
    For one thing, some games, like KOF 94, have completely messed up button configurations that can't be changed.
    Others have really inaccurate sound. The collection discs seemed solid, though.
    I wasn't aware of button mapping issues. That's unfortunate I suppose, particularly for the fighting games I imagine. But I've enjoyed it and not found any issues as someone that's less familiar with the original hardware (Which I imagine is the group most likely to be buying this thing to actually play on rather than as a collectible).

As for inaccurate sound, I imagine this device will be rife with such issues (Among other issues). And a bit of audio inaccuracy pretty much comes with the territory where emulation is concerned. There's always going to be a little detail off somewhere due to the very nature of emulation which is never a perfect representation of the original hardware.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really want to get it. The $200 is enough motivation to really master the fighting games. Maybe Ill wait to see what people say about it when they buy it though.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

And there are unofficial homebrew emulators for portable devices including what this seems to be derived from. And I bet the homebrew emulators will outperform this effort.
    Neo Geo emulation is excellent on Dingoo. A Dingoo will run you about $80 + shipping.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Neo Geo emulation is excellent on Dingoo. A Dingoo will run you about $80 + shipping.
    Its all about the docking and joystick with me. Not worth just getting the handheld. And which is better for emulation a dingoo or a psp? Ill probably buy a psp, but the dingoo is attractive since its such an odd thing and works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really like the idea of this, but I haven't seen anything that would motivate me to pick it up. I'd love for Sega to come out with a high quality handheld akin to this for Genesis, Saturn, and Dreamcast, but I'm not holding my breath.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He asked "who is getting one". It really bothers me when people try so hard to talk people out of what they want. If certain people dont want it, fine but im pretty sure members here knows the options they have. This unit isn't just about playing the games. it comes with the docking station and a stick, you can also connect it to the TV. Its a cool product that obviously is filling a gap that Dingo or the wii thing or PSP isn't.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedEditionMuseum View Post
    He asked "who is getting one". It really bothers me when people try so hard to talk people out of what they want. If certain people dont want it, fine but im pretty sure members here knows the options they have. This unit isn't just about playing the games. it comes with the docking station and a stick, you can also connect it to the TV. Its a cool product that obviously is filling a gap that Dingo or the wii thing or PSP isn't.
    Yes, and many people responded that they would not be and why. Would you rather that people just post "I won't be" and leave it at that? I personally enjoy reading people's opinions about things pro and con, especially on a product like this where there has been a ton of misinformation from the gaming media and a lack of clarity from the manufacturer. When this was first announced I actually preordered one on Amazon. After learning a lot more about it and seeing some hands on reviews that described it as feeling cheap and having limitations like non-standard SD cards and censored games, I cancelled my preorder. There is nothing wrong with having an open discussion before spending $200 on something you haven't even played yet.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

there was actually a long discussion about it in another thread. This one he only wanted to know " WHO IS GETTING ONE"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only thing that bothers me is that STILL, even now, some people think it will play AES games.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want one with the dock and joystick but I am not keen on the $200 asking price. I already own both an AES & CDZ as well as having most of the games listed that are included on cart or CD. If there's a price drop on these to about half then I would definitely buy one but at launch? Only if I won the lottery before then.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"