Thread: Help! JVC X'eye lacking DIN output

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help! JVC X'eye lacking DIN output

Spent this morning reading through about 6 years worth of X'Eye-related posts... didn't find an answer to my question, but I sure did learn a lot about the X'Eye! :]

I've got a JVC X'Eye that I'm preparing to tear down and restore (doesn't load catridges at all, sits on "checking disc" forever with CDs), but I need to find out one little detail to determine if it's worth it..

The particular model I have is one of the revisions without the Genesis/32X DIN output socket. The indentation where it would go is in the case, but it's just blank plastic.

Has anyone added a Genesis/32X DIN to a JVC X'Eye? Is it even possible, or were there different board revisions as well?

Related, has the reasoning behind the 3 different X'Eye output revisions (RCA, DIN, RCA+DIN) ever been discovered? Do we know the order the revisions were produced, or details on model number variations per revision?
    Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    APE992

Quote Originally Posted by driph View Post
    Related, has the reasoning behind the 3 different X'Eye output revisions (RCA, DIN, RCA+DIN) ever been discovered? Do we know the order the revisions were produced, or details on model number variations per revision?
    It is obviously cost reduction measures. If you have discrete outputs you don't need the DIN connector at all which is a part produced in lesser quantities.

The checking CD bit is probably due to a bad lid sensor as they seem to go bad by looking at them. You could add the connector but you'd have to get one from a donor console and add in a whole slew of missing components. This isn't something I'd remotely call easy or simple.
    I fix things. You name it, I'll work on it. Want something modded? Recapped?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

No DIN breaks support for RGB, and consequently any external devices requiring it. Such as 32X or some video transcoders.

Yeah not too important in the US for most people. About all it offers unique.
    Last edited by theclaw; 11-20-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by APE992 View Post
    It is obviously cost reduction measures. If you have discrete outputs you don't need the DIN connector at all which is a part produced in lesser quantities.

The checking CD bit is probably due to a bad lid sensor as they seem to go bad by looking at them. You could add the connector but you'd have to get one from a donor console and add in a whole slew of missing components. This isn't something I'd remotely call easy or simple.

No DIN, no 32X! :[

Lid sensor appears fine, it acknowledges the disc but just doesn't get anywhere trying to read it. I'm guessing a laser issue, gonna swap one out of my Saturn to test, and if that works alright I'll grab a new one.
    Chris