Thread: What's a Fair Offer for a Japanese PS2?

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default What's a Fair Offer for a Japanese PS2?

Hello everyone,

I found a seller on Craigslist who has a Japanese PS2 for sale. He's selling it as part of a bundle for $350, but he might be willing to sell it separately.

The PS2 is a SCPH-10000 fat model, with version 1.0 firmware on it, and it also includes the original box. What would be a fair offer for just the system?

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That system is worth about $75 mint and CIB....maybe $40-50 just for the system with nothing else.

hopefully this guy doesnt have the "Its in America so its RARE" complex....
    Last edited by Parodius Duh!; 11-24-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parodius Duh! View Post
    That system is worth about $75 mint and CIB....maybe $40-50 just for the system with nothing else.

hopefully this guy doesnt have the "Its in America so its RARE" complex....

Well the seller did price his bundle at $350, so he might think this way. However, out of the 22 games he's including, only 6 weren't released here. (Which is why I'm trying to work out a deal for the system only.)

Anyway, I still have to decide whether it's worth the cost just to play the few imports I have. I might be better off investing in a modded system, so I can play my entire PS2 collection.

UPDATE: I decided to pass on the guy's system, as I can't really afford to spend $75+ right now.
    Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 11-24-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Famicom Pirate Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah modded is the way to go, Im currently in the market for one myself after selling my Japanese Slim a while back. That way you can play anything problem free (including Euro PAL region games, but you must have an RGB mod or converter in order to play them in color)

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    Hello everyone,

I found a seller on Craigslist who has a Japanese PS2 for sale. He's selling it as part of a bundle for $350, but he might be willing to sell it separately.

The PS2 is a SCPH-10000 fat model, with version 1.0 firmware on it, and it also includes the original box. What would be a fair offer for just the system?
    SCPH-10000? That is a good one to have as collector. What do you mean by "bundle for $350" are we talking just some games or does he have the external hard drive, a loose SCPH-10000 is worth about $100, complete is about $150. If there is a hard drive in the lot those are worth $80-120 especially if it is a red boxed version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    SCPH-10000? That is a good one to have as collector. What do you mean by "bundle for $350" are we talking just some games or does he have the external hard drive, a loose SCPH-10000 is worth about $100, complete is about $150. If there is a hard drive in the lot those are worth $80-120 especially if it is a red boxed version

Well, according to the seller's Craigslist ad his bundle includes: a boxed black SCPH-10000 PS2, a memory card, and 22 Japanese language games. However, as I mentioned above most of the games he's selling have been released over here already.

So it wasn't worth buying the lot, in my opinion. A modded PS2 is way more useful to me.