Thread: Wanting to sell some things but I'm lost on the value

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wanting to sell some things but I'm lost on the value

I've got a disc only copy of Saturn Bomberman, CIB of House of the Dead (Saturn), and a PS1 with a Sony LCD monitor attached. I tried using ebay and I'm not sure how to price these.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Did you look up completed auctions? You have to go to the advanced search to do so, and be logged in. Actually, you may be able to go to completed listings by clicking on a link just below the search bar after you do a search. Better yet, they now have a 'sold auctions' in that same spot.

Two disc only U.S. bomberman have sold lately. One for 50 and one for 70, so you are looking in that range depending on what shape your disc is in. House of the Dead looks like 75-100 or so. For both of these I added "-jp -japan -import" because there are a lot of people selling those versions and that just clouds up your results.

I'll leave the PSone for you to look up, but my recollection/guess would say ~$40.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Did you look up completed auctions? You have to go to the advanced search to do so, and be logged in. Actually, you may be able to go to completed listings by clicking on a link just below the search bar after you do a search. Better yet, they now have a 'sold auctions' in that same spot.
    You don't have to be logged in to see completed auctions. I wasn't aware of it for years but you just go to advanced options and click on the box for completed. I'm not registered with ebay at all so I'm glad I figured this out.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok thanks guys. I wasn't aware of checking out completed auctions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I could have sworn that, at least in the past, you had to be logged in. Oh well, better this way so more people can use it and I can do so on 'other' computers/devices without logging in. The 'sold' option I do think is new. I've been able to do it on the app for some time, and when I first did so I checked on the web version and couldn't find any such option, but it is there now.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

They had the option available for a short while, but I guess people in their forums complained and they removed it. They just put it back online last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    I could have sworn that, at least in the past, you had to be logged in.
    It probably was this way, I'd like to think that's how it was rather than me just being stupid for several years not knowing how to do it.

They did recently have options to switch to completed auctions while on the normal page for viewing listings but it seems that they got rid of that for some reason, now it's only on the advanced options page. I guess it would have been too convenient if they left the feature there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah you're not an idiot, it was blocked as I remember it forcing a log in to use it. One thing I still dislike with ebay though is that your account won't stay logged in for more than I think a day which I wish it would on my laptop. I guess it's idiotproofing for those who pull it up not on their own computer.

No idea what the 'sold' option is though, you got me curious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Yeah you're not an idiot, it was blocked as I remember it forcing a log in to use it. One thing I still dislike with ebay though is that your account won't stay logged in for more than I think a day which I wish it would on my laptop. I guess it's idiotproofing for those who pull it up not on their own computer.

No idea what the 'sold' option is though, you got me curious.
    It looks like the completed option on the main viewing page is back, at least for now. The sold option is there too, it's basically just like the completed auctions only it shows just the auctions that sold, as in none of the ones with no bids or buy-it-nows that just expired. Viewing all of the completed auctions gives a better idea of overall demand, if there's twenty completed auctions with no bids but there's one that sold then that item doesn't really have much demand. The sold option would just show the one auction that sold, you won't see any of the others that didn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    It looks like the completed option on the main viewing page is back, at least for now. The sold option is there too, it's basically just like the completed auctions only it shows just the auctions that sold, as in none of the ones with no bids or buy-it-nows that just expired. Viewing all of the completed auctions gives a better idea of overall demand, if there's twenty completed auctions with no bids but there's one that sold then that item doesn't really have much demand. The sold option would just show the one auction that sold, you won't see any of the others that didn't.
    Good point about the sold vs completed. I've been using the sold option quite a bit, and it seems fine for common stuff that sells all the time.