Thread: Wizardry Online (free beta keys)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Wizardry Online (free beta keys)

Curse gaming is giving away beta keys to Wizardry Online. In case you don't know Wizardry Online is a game published by Sony much in the vein of Demon's/Dark Souls. You can also signup on the offical site, but you won't get immediate access.

http://www.curse.com/betas/wizardry-beta

http://www.wizardrythegame.com/

Really enjoying it myself, pretty cool stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Seems as though they have really captured the classic Wizardry gameplay yet mixed it with FFXI combat, the result is a game that I think many DP members would enjoy. You guys should really give this one a try while beta keys are around.

I seriously recommend this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks interesting, but I was reading the forums - is it true that this game is fully open PVP with no PVE option? Permadeath combined with continuous ganking of new characters by bored high-level characters seems to be about the worst possible combination of features in a game *ever*. Some people on the forums seem to be proud of the fact they make life annoying for others.

I took a beta key and started installing the game, but after reading that I'm not sure I'm going to bother trying it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well there is kinda permadeath. You have a chance for resurrection and even if your character does die you still retain your soul level which is carried over to your next character as well as items left in your storage box.

The main challenge is getting to end game but i'm having a blast so far. Have enough supplies in storage to support a few more characters if one bites the bullet.

There are also some very big penalties to being red like if someone kills you they rack up 8 hours in game time criminal red mode, plus any alternative character they have will also be red for that amount of time, so although it is a fairly well thought out system in fact if you are going to be only playing for the pve content you may not enjoy it quite so much.

It's a bit more intense, yes, but not as much of a gank fest cause reds really have to think out the rewards vs. penalties and there are alot more people ganging up and killing reds than there are reds.