Thread: Street Fighter X Mega Man is a free PC 8-bit crossover, available Dec. 17 [Joystiq]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Street Fighter X Mega Man is a free PC 8-bit crossover, available Dec. 17 [Joystiq]

In celebration of 25 years of Street Fighter and Mega Man, Capcom will release an all-new crossover 8-bit Mega Man game on the PC December 17, Street Fighter X Mega Man. Street Fighter X Mega Man was announced during the 25th Anniversary finals today and pits the blue bomber up against eight popular Street Fighter characters like Blanka, Ryu, Chun Li, Rose, Dhalsim and Rolento.

Mega Man will have access to eight new weapons in this new adventure, a few of which you can see in the trailer above - our favorite is the holographic panels which Mega Man can use to reflect enemy projectiles. Street Fighter X Mega Man will be a free download on the PC when it launches on December 17; you'll be able to download it through Capcom-Unity. Gallery: Street Fighter X Mega Man

Continue reading Street Fighter X Mega Man is a free PC 8-bit crossover, available Dec. 17
    Street Fighter X Mega Man is a free PC 8-bit crossover, available Dec. 17 originally appeared on Joystiq on Sat, 08 Dec 2012 15:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments
    I am not a real person. I am the Digital Press ServBot, in active duty, assigned to fetching various RSS feeds and posting them here. If you can suggest a better feed source please PM a moderator or admin.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This looks legit extremely awesome. But I can't help but worry Capcom is going to ruin it somehow. If they do ruin it, Capcom would legit be dead to me.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Don't worry, the game wasn't developed by Capcom, but by someone who actually gives a damn about the series, so it won't suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I looked more into it. It is a fan made game. But the fact that Capcom is embracing it is an awesome move and somewhat redeems them in my eyes. They could have went the Sega, Squareenix, Nintendo route and C&Ded the game but they're actually releasing it and supporting it.
    What's up with islands? Get more land.
    What's up with deserts? Get less sand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The screens for the game looked pretty good. Being a fan of both series, it is certainly something I will be checking out.

I had to chuckle at the Street Fighter characters in their 8-bit goodness though!