Thread: Crysis 3 looks awesome on PC ! Wow look how far we come.. its only getting better.

Insert Coin (Level 0) PROTOTYPE's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Crysis 3 looks awesome on PC ! Wow look how far we come.. its only getting better.

If it's not fun? Your not really playing.

Insert Coin (Level 0) PROTOTYPE's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You need to back that last video up bit, sorry about that.....play it from the start to really see this thing running.
    If it's not fun? Your not really playing.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

That's pretty awesome. I'm so glad I built a PC last year. Totally worth it.

People keep saying PC gaming is dying, but just about every major Western-developed console release is also getting a PC release these days, and they almost always run better (L.A. Noire being an exception). In addition, some of the most highly-praised games of this console generation were originally designed as PC games (Portal, Half-life 2, Bioshock, Fallout 3). I think PC gaming is at a high point right now, personally.

And you know the 360 version of Crysis 3 is not going to look that good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    That's pretty awesome. I'm so glad I built a PC last year. Totally worth it.

People keep saying PC gaming is dying, but just about every major Western-developed console release is also getting a PC release these days, and they almost always run better (L.A. Noire being an exception). In addition, some of the most highly-praised games of this console generation were originally designed as PC games (Portal, Half-life 2, Bioshock, Fallout 3). I think PC gaming is at a high point right now, personally.

And you know the 360 version of Crysis 3 is not going to look that good.

The best thing about PC is prices. All the games eventually get down to some really low prices. Sometimes I'm almost embarrased by how cheap the games get. Tomb Raider Anniversary is $1.50 at Green Man gaming right now, for example. Batman Arkham City was 5 bucks a few days ago. There was that Humble THQ bundle a few days ago for super cheap. You could have paid $6 and got a ton of games. Newegg had Fallout New Vegas for 3 bucks. I mean, it's pretty freaking crazy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

My PC is locked and loaded for the best of the best software available. I've been rockin' Farcry 3 with all the goods cranked up. I was glad it was only $40 at Fry's.

I'll defineatly pick up Crysis 3 in February.
    Last edited by Gamevet; 12-14-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevet View Post
    My PC is locked and loaded for the best of the best software available. I've been rockin' Farcry 3 with all the goods cranked up. I was glad it was only $40 at Fry's.

I'll defineatly pick up Crysis 3 in February.
    God bless sli. I'm hoping to get fc3 for Christmas. I recommend rage, btw. It runs great on the pc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    God bless sli. I'm hoping to get fc3 for Christmas. I recommend rage, btw. It runs great on the pc.

Sli is the beast. I'm running two GTX 460s (1024 MB) in sli and often overclocked to 800 Mhz. I also have my i5-2500k OC to 4.63 Ghz.

I played Rage on the PS3. You should check out Bullet Storm on the PC. It's pretty sweet!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevet View Post
    Sli is the beast. I'm running two GTX 460s (1024 MB) in sli and often overclocked to 800 Mhz. I also have my i5-2500k OC to 4.63 Ghz.

I played Rage on the PS3. You should check out Bullet Storm on the PC. It's pretty sweet!
    Are you running like a 3 monitor setup or something? Or running games at a crazy high resolution?

reason, I ask, is that I have a single 560 Ti, and I don't notice any games really pushing my card yet. I'm only running a single monitor at 1080p, so maybe that's part of it. I also haven't played any of the super demanding games yet. (Max Payne, Far Cry 3, GTA 4 with the ice mod)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    Are you running like a 3 monitor setup or something? Or running games at a crazy high resolution?

reason, I ask, is that I have a single 560 Ti, and I don't notice any games really pushing my card yet. I'm only running a single monitor at 1080p, so maybe that's part of it. I also haven't played any of the super demanding games yet. (Max Payne, Far Cry 3, GTA 4 with the ice mod)
    Just a single 24" LG monitor at 1080p. Once in awhile I'll slide my rig into the livingroom for play on the 52" LG (120hz) LCD, with the 5.1 surround setup. I'd need more than 1 gig of video memory to run games on more than one monitor; there are 2 gig versions of the GTX 460 and 560 ti that are made for that.

You should try running your games with FRAPS or MSI Afterburner to see just how well your games are performing. I discovered that my Q9650 (C2Q) @ 3.6 Ghz was bottle-necking the cards on games like Crysis 2, Metro 2033 and Battlefield 3. I decided to get an i5-2500K ($159 at Microcenter) and an Asus P8Z68-V (it was a damaged board that I repaired) for $1. Metro 2033 is a very demanding game; a single GTX 460 would barely get 30 fps on high settings.

You can check out my performance with Far Cry 3 (and other games) on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMUsVb21FuE
    Last edited by Gamevet; 12-15-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

I have one 70" led tv that I use. It's a 3d tv, but the nvidia 3d drivers don't support it yet

Metro 2033 and Crysis 2 run superbly on my setup, but for some reason portal 2 is flipping me some shit at higher settings. I need to investigate.