Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Games That Give You "Feels" (Emotions)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The original Silent Hill on PS1 made me feel creeped out back in the day. It probably had something to do with all those demon babies. I played thru the Japanese import version and the music and atmosphere were on another level compared to everything else.

More recently there was Alan Wake. I hung on every single part of that story and loved every minute of it. The ending was both welcome and sad at the same time. The new DL off-shoot game that launched early last year made thigs alittle better until you realize it isn't part of the official cannon.

There was also Heavy Rain. Like Alan Wake this was another excellent game with a story rivaling some of the best stuff hollywood had to offer the last several years. Although this game is very good it can also be very damn depressing. And then there are the multiple endings which will leave you completely stunned.

Lastly theres The Walking Dead. Had Microsoft not made episiode 1 free on XBL I probably would have never even touched this game. I had seen a few episodes of the show on Netflix but never bothered digging into the series anymore than that. I obviously had no idea what I was missing. Episode one had some of the deepest story moments for such a short experience. It's one of those games where you have to question your every move and then live with the conseqences. I wish more games were like this.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 01-01-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Gasshu-kun

OOT, Persona 3, Persona 4, Nocturne, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Killer7 (a different "kind" of feel) and Phantom Dust to name a few.
    In Heaven, everything is fine.

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

That speech at the end of MGS 3 detailing the sacrifice of The Boss got me pretty close. Despite all the MGS sillyness both intentional and not that did really bother me in the end.

I'm honestly not sure why but the end of Dreamfall also bothered me, maybe it was the betrayal but the ending sequence was the only other game that almost had me shed some tears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The name of this topic could have been easily been something along the lines of "Emotional games".

With that said, in order of how depressing there are.

Nier
    Fragile Dreams
    Silent Hill 2

That's pretty much my trifecta of depressing games. I haven't played the new walking dead games by telltale, but I've heard those are pretty depressing too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

**********SPOILER ALERT**********

I forgot to add that theres also a part in Star Wars: KOTOR II where you are going to meet with several Jedi who are suppose to fill you in on what happened to you. But by the time you arrive Kreia has wiped them all out. You arrive to find all of their bodies scattered around the area while the backdrop is filled with overwhelmingly powerful and emotionally charged music. Yeah, that was definitely an emotional moment.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0) CatTehBus's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First thing that comes to mind is Journey on the PSN, the moment your ascending the top of the mountain and the bland cold world is left below you and the sky becomes filled with colour , I remember the music working very well at this point and thinking to myself this game is like a piece of art

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

Wrong thread.