Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Girl Wont Stop Playing Skyrim

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default My Girl Wont Stop Playing Skyrim

We have a long distance relationship, met on FB, and we talk on the phone for hours everyday unless we get into our usual weekly or so fight, but we always become closer after them. She usually makes fun of me for playing older video games, like Chrono Trigger cause Crono has DBZ hair. Well now, she cant get enough of Skyrim. She bought it for PS3 on black firday, and is getting the PC version. How do I know all this; she had me watch auctions with her as we stayed on the phone as she was discussing all the mods she wanted to do and download for it, for an hour and a half last week. Now when I call shes playing Skyrim and I have to interrupt my game play or other conversations on FB to look up how to fill up SoulGems, or how shell be able to make Daedrek Armor. :S

Of course Im a crazy obsessed gamer too, but man I at least when I talk about gaming I talk about different games and about emulation or news I read on Kotaku. I think Chrono Trigger is a superior game than Skyrim though, debatable of course that statement is, but at least you know why youre running around to do some side quests and they all feed into the characters life stories, and theres a definite end to the game. She cant tell me why shes going into crypts, or why she decided to drink Ayla The Huntresses blood and now hates being turned into a Werewolf, but doesnt want to do the Companions side quest ritual to not be a werewolf ever again. :S

Can anyone tell me the plot of Skyrim? All I get from it is the Elder Scrolls foretell something, so one guy references it at some point, and you want to go around to kill dragons and other things, steal stuff since things are expensive, and maybe become a level 99 Mage or Smith so you can make Daedrek Armor. Oh and you can be a Werewolf but its a pain in the ass more times than not.

Anyone still going through something like this with a buddy or loved one? For any game, for that matter?
    Last edited by IHatedSega; 12-13-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Welcome to distance relationships.

In time, you will reflect back upon this and wish you could go back in time and tell your younger self the answers to these questions.

You must learn a way to solve this puzzle on your own, or there will be no extra credit earned.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

This is all you need to know about Skyrim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi17PUqz3nQ
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, like she came upon this chick next to a lake in the moonlight, and she was gonna kill her, so I said "NO! its probably a lost Princess of the lake or something." She killed her anyway and she wouldnt come out of the water where she fell. Im wondering what that chick was supposed to be.

I dont like how the game is all about the side quests to people. Why not make a game with a HUGE story and some side quests that fed into the game than just getting a weapon? Why dont modern games try to be like a huge epic book than episodes of a tv show?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IHatedSega View Post
    We have a long distance relationship, met on FB, and we talk on the phone for hours everyday unless we get into our usual weekly or so fight, but we always become closer after them. She usually makes fun of me for playing older video games, like Chrono Trigger cause Crono has DBZ hair. Well now, she cant get enough of Skyrim. She bought it for PS3 on black firday, and is getting the PC version. How do I know all this; she had me watch auctions with her as we stayed on the phone as she was discussing all the mods she wanted to do and download for it, for an hour and a half last week. Now when I call shes playing Skyrim and I have to interrupt my game play or other conversations on FB to look up how to fill up SoulGems, or how shell be able to make Daedrek Armor. :S

Of course Im a crazy obsessed gamer too, but man I at least when I talk about gaming I talk about different games and about emulation or news I read on Kotaku. I think Chrono Trigger is a superior game than Skyrim though, debatable of course that statement is, but at least you know why youre running around to do some side quests and they all feed into the characters life stories, and theres a definite end to the game. She cant tell me why shes going into crypts, or why she decided to drink Ayla The Huntresses blood and now hates being turned into a Werewolf, but doesnt want to do the Companions side quest ritual to not be a werewolf ever again. :S

Can anyone tell me the plot of Skyrim? All I get from it is the Elder Scrolls foretell something, so one guy references it at some point, and you want to go around to kill dragons and other things, steal stuff since things are expensive, and maybe become a level 99 Mage or Smith so you can make Daedrek Armor. Oh and you can be a Werewolf but its a pain in the ass more times than not.

Anyone still going through something like this with a buddy or loved one? For any game, for that matter?
    Just tell her your computer is acting up or something lol. I would suggest sending her a link to a walkthrough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Of The Felines View Post

I was laughing so hard!!! xD

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Of The Felines View Post

Time to elbow drop alduin OHHHHHH YEAHHHH!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What on earth do you have fights about if you don't even live in the same place?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I dont like how the game is all about the side quests to people. Why not make a game with a HUGE story and some side quests that fed into the game than just getting a weapon? Why dont modern games try to be like a huge epic book than episodes of a tv show?
    Because it would be too damn hard to write, of course.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    What on earth do you have fights about if you don't even live in the same place?
    Shes jealous of other girls, shell say were not a couple, but like tonight shell call me up and want some "us" time when shes truthful and says she loves me. Then shell deny it the next day, its happened 4 times, and now tonight. So thats why I didnt write shes my girlfriend, but she basically is. Relationships due to FB and calling are changing, so Im sorry if people dont understand this. She has guys she tells me that she likes, I have other girls in Australia, Europe and other states I talk to. Usually well be talking about other stuff and Ill say shes immature, and she got really pissed off, which was immature of her to do. hehe. She got mad about this one thing someone wrote online about her, and the girl who did it was this girl I stopped talking to in June, so there no way I said anything to her, but she thought I did. Theres this person on FB who has a million different accounts, and sex/extreme horror groups who usually calls her self Nicole in messages. We both hate her, so I think she was behind whatever was said. She also gets ticked I wont buy a PS3 for christmas so we can play online together, that I deleted MSN when we were talking around thanksgiving and it was driving me crazy cause of my terrible internet. I say Ill get it again when I have good connection, but shes all "yeah right." And she was upset I didnt want to go back to Gaia after she finally convinced me to make an account. It was a waste of time.

Wow, thats a mouthful now isnt it? ^^^ She obviously has feelings for me, but shes mean to me alot, and denies her emotions for me so thats why I still talk to all the other girls. Tonight she saw the Hobbit and really enjoyed it, she called me when she was getting home and fell asleep, when shes asleep shell talk and do different things. So I guess thats how the whole "I love you" slipped out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    Because it would be too damn hard to write, of course.
    Well, how long does it take to finish the main mission?
    Last edited by IHatedSega; 12-14-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shes jealous of other girls, shell say were not a couple, but like tonight shell call me up and want some "us" time when shes truthful and says she loves me. Then shell deny it the next day, its happened 4 times, and now tonight. So thats why I didnt write shes my girlfriend, but she basically is. Relationships due to FB and calling are changing, so Im sorry if people dont understand this. She has guys she tells me that she likes, I have other girls in Australia, Europe and other states I talk to. Usually well be talking about other stuff and Ill say shes immature, and she got really pissed off, which was immature of her to do. hehe. She got mad about this one thing someone wrote online about her, and the girl who did it was this girl I stopped talking to in June, so there no way I said anything to her, but she thought I did. Theres this person on FB who has a million different accounts, and sex/extreme horror groups who usually calls her self Nicole in messages. We both hate her, so I think she was behind whatever was said. She also gets ticked I wont buy a PS3 for christmas so we can play online together, that I deleted MSN when we were talking around thanksgiving and it was driving me crazy cause of my terrible internet. I say Ill get it again when I have good connection, but shes all "yeah right." And she was upset I didnt want to go back to Gaia after she finally convinced me to make an account. It was a waste of time.

Wow, thats a mouthful now isnt it? ^^^ She obviously has feelings for me, but shes mean to me alot, and denies her emotions for me so thats why I still talk to all the other girls. Tonight she saw the Hobbit and really enjoyed it, she called me when she was getting home and fell asleep, when shes asleep shell talk and do different things. So I guess thats how the whole "I love you" slipped out again.

Well, how long does it take to finish the main mission?
    You both sound very young. She will eventually get over it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Were both 23. Some of my other girl friends say she acts like a 13 year old haha. She got pissy about me not having a PS3 cause I wanted to buy the NEO GEO X for christmas.

Now what Im thinking of is either getting:

PSP, great for emulation and theres good games for it.
    PS3, great games, shell like it if I have great internet so we can play online, and I can download the patches for the games I want.
    Better internet for a year, and stuff so I can run a virtual disk drive on my computer to play Saturn games.

I want to hold out on getting a Vita, and Im still waiting for PS3 to be around $100, which wont happen till the PS4 comes out.

And if I bought a PSP, could I play a PSN indy game against her, or something else like SF 3 Third Strike?
    Last edited by IHatedSega; 12-14-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Meh I'm not a big fan of emulation. However I too ordered a Neogeo X. Just buy a real Sega Saturn for $15 at a flea market.

No Saturn emu can give you the true Saturn experience. I love the Saturn soo much I have 3 of them

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BricatSegaFan View Post
    Meh I'm not a big fan of emulation. However I too ordered a Neogeo X. Just buy a real Sega Saturn for $15 at a flea market.

No Saturn emu can give you the true Saturn experience. I love the Saturn soo much I have 3 of them
    Saturn emulation has been terrible because of those 3D processors they latched onto it quickly. I REALLY love the Japanese Saturn library, tons of awesome arcade ports and Princess Crown looks beautiful. Its just really expensive to import the games. What I should probably do is get a good Saturn, mod it, then get a Action Replay cart, and play CDr's. But I hear the action replay carts are iffy. Emulation for Saturn is supposed to be very good now, so I might as well try it out before I spend money on stuff I just outlined. And my dvd burner didnt burn the saturn games onto the cds when I tried it. :/

I love emulation for older games, I dont think its right to pirate a game that just came out, but like with the Japanese Saturn library I have no problem pirating games that you have to jump through tedious expensive hoops to get. And Idont want a Xbox 360, those things are crap, but I hope the newer design works out better.
    Last edited by IHatedSega; 12-14-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Were both 23. Some of my other girl friends say she acts like a 13 year old haha. She got pissy about me not having a PS3 cause I wanted to buy the NEO GEO X for christmas.

Now what Im thinking of is either getting:

PSP, great for emulation and theres good games for it.
    PS3, great games, shell like it if I have great internet so we can play online, and I can download the patches for the games I want.
    Better internet for a year, and stuff so I can run a virtual disk drive on my computer to play Saturn games.

I want to hold out on getting a Vita, and Im still waiting for PS3 to be around $100, which wont happen till the PS4 comes out.

And if I bought a PSP, could I play a PSN indy game against her, or something else like SF 3 Third Strike?
    How often do you really see this girl in person?

This whole relationship sounds immature to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nah importing isn't that expensive. Sometimes you can get a 100 game lot for $150 on eBay. It's just that the free shipping is surface from Japan which can take months. :banghead:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The games I want for it though are mainly the expensive ones :S My financial situation is moot after this month, basically Im gonna get my birthday and christmas presents now, so after that if I want games for which ever system I get, theyll have to be cheap. Ive been looking at PSP games this morning and right now that seems to fit everything I really want from a console right now. Its cheap enough maybe I could also get internet thats good for a couple of months, and get some more ram and what not. Plus MAME doesnt work with my computer, and Ive seen Simpsons beat em up on the PSP.
    Last edited by IHatedSega; 12-14-2012 at 10:19 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevet View Post
    How often do you really see this girl in person?

This whole relationship sounds immature to me.
    We talk on the phone pretty much everyday, for hours at night. So, when she calls or I call and shes playing Skyrim, its what I wrote up there for a good 6 hours or so. Its not like were a REAL couple, but were a distant kinda one. She has a lot of flaws, but so do I obviously, haha. So, I really care about her, we belong together and I help keep her temper down with her family.

Her grandma had a heart attack yesterday and is in the hospital now, and since she was briefly with her, her mom is blaming her for it. The grandma is a hypochondriac and had just eaten a pizza. So she went to The Hobbit in another city and turned off her phone, so when she was called they couldnt get to her. Later she called me, and fell asleep after she layed down in bed, then her mom woke her up a few hours later yelling at her. Theyre a really messed up family, and I blame that for her having some weird tendencies. She called me back after the first time explaining what happened. She didnt say anything, she just wants to feel me there for her by having me on the phone, but keeps having to answer the phone when her mom calls.
    Last edited by IHatedSega; 12-14-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We talk on the phone pretty much everyday, for hours at night. So, when she calls or I call and shes playing Skyrim, its what I wrote up there for a good 6 hours or so. Its not like were a REAL couple, but were a distant kinda one. She has a lot of flaws, but so do I obviously, haha. So, I really care about her, we belong together and I help keep her temper down with her family.

Her grandma had a heart attack yesterday and is in the hospital now, and since she was briefly with her, her mom is blaming her for it. The grandma is a hypochondriac and had just eaten a pizza. So she went to The Hobbit in another city and turned off her phone, so when she was called they couldnt get to her. Later she called me, and fell asleep after she layed down in bed, then her mom woke her up a few hours later yelling at her. Theyre a really messed up family, and I blame that for her having some weird tendencies. She called me back after the first time explaining what happened. She didnt say anything, she just wants to feel me there for her by having me on the phone, but keeps having to answer the phone when her mom calls.
    Careful of those crazy girls, don't let their problems become yours.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, she lives 5 states over though, and I feel like I can help her and shell benefit from it. Her friends didnt pay her back like they said they would.

Now, can anyone tell me what the plot of Skyrim is?
    Last edited by IHatedSega; 12-14-2012 at 12:58 PM.