Thread: Street Fighter X Mega Man whos playing

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Street Fighter X Mega Man whos playing

For a free game, its definately fun. Its got all the cheap hits and deaths like all the old Mega Man games. I've only killed 2 bosses so far (Blanka and Rose). Its not quite as polished as the regular MM games but its still fun. Discuss!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beat it already, about 2 and a half hours ago, though to be fair I grabbed it roughly 6 hours ago. The spot that got me was the inevitable showdown against all 8 bosses all over again. After that, the final boss was kind of a let down, at least once I discovered which weapon he was weak to.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Downloaded it to support the Mega Man 25th Anniversary (for which I will also buy the 25th anniversary artbook and maybe some figures/plush/something for my collection). Tried it, didn't care for it. According to the discussion at Capcom-Unity, you're supposed to "start" with Ryu's stage. I will call on that, as every single enemy in that level, except for the birds, was carrying a shield. Sneaking up behind them is not an option when they take up the entire platform. There's even some authentic inexplicable slowdown! (OK, that last part could be my lappy. Maybe SFxMM doesn't like Windows 7.)

(Not-so) Short version: Yay sanctioned fan game! Boo sanctioned fan game that solely exists to remind you that the original Mega Man games' sole purpose was to kick your ass from here to eternity until you learn.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune View Post
    There's even some authentic inexplicable slowdown! (OK, that last part could be my lappy. Maybe SFxMM doesn't like Windows 7.)
    I played the game last night for about twenty minutes (I was too tired to play more and the default keyboard controls weren't helping.). I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one experiencing strange lag spikes in the game's performance. I was using a laptop computer with Windows 7 at the time. Today I'll try a desktop computer with Windows XP to see if there is the same problem.

If we wanted to be pedantic, I could point out that the Street Fighter x Mega Man game often has more than three enemies on-screen at once, a no-go for the NES series due to technical limitations. Then again, the executable is over thirty-five mebibytes and that's definitely a no-go for NES games.

Download links
    US version: http://static.capcom.com/sfxmm/sfxmm_dl_us.html
    EU version: http://static.capcom.com/sfxmm/sfxmm_dl_uk.html

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

A_Rival just released the soundtrack on Bandcamp. It's free, but you can chip in a few bucks if you want.

http://rivalrivalrival.bandcamp.com/...x-mega-man-ost

Edit: OH MY GOD THE GOES WITH EVERYTHING TRACK
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Arrow Unofficial Street Fighter x Mega Man Mirror Courtesy of Digital Press

Ahh, the official servers are too slow. So how about an *unofficial* server?

http://www.videogamearchive.com/Stre...er_x_Mega_Man/

I've uploaded both the EU and US versions for your convenience. The only real difference is that the EU version has README files in multiple languages while the US version only has English.

Happy downloading!

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Ugh, the game goes wonky with my USB controller! Specifically, at the main menu all it wants to go is in one direction, right. If I reseat the controller, it wants to only go left. But when you select a stage, it controls just fine within the stages themselves!

My plan is to use Joy-to-key to map the keyboard controls to my controller and then disable the gamepad controls in Street Fighter x Mega Man itself. Hopefully this will work just fine. Let's find out.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I set up the controls to work with a wired xbox 360 controller and it works fine for me. You have to use analog as apposed to the d-pad, but I wasn't having much trouble with it.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I got to Ryu, and then he started using the hurricane kick all the time, which makes him invincible, and I can't hit him with anything.

... something tells me this was not bugtested properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune View Post
    Downloaded it to support the Mega Man 25th Anniversary (for which I will also buy the 25th anniversary artbook and maybe some figures/plush/something for my collection). Tried it, didn't care for it. According to the discussion at Capcom-Unity, you're supposed to "start" with Ryu's stage. I will call on that, as every single enemy in that level, except for the birds, was carrying a shield. Sneaking up behind them is not an option when they take up the entire platform. There's even some authentic inexplicable slowdown! (OK, that last part could be my lappy. Maybe SFxMM doesn't like Windows 7.)

(Not-so) Short version: Yay sanctioned fan game! Boo sanctioned fan game that solely exists to remind you that the original Mega Man games' sole purpose was to kick your ass from here to eternity until you learn.
    ... you do realize that you have to shoot them when they attack you, right? That's when they drop their shields. That's classic Mega Man. :P
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 12-18-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This damn thing doesn't work. I played it once on this computer, it worked once and now I can't get the direction keys to work. I tried it on another computer and the controls wouldn't work at all. I tried it on a MAME machine and the game ran at 0.1 FPS. Tried it again on the first computer and now it runs at 0.05 FPS and the right control sticks. When I run the game more than once it gets slower each time until I reboot the computer. I checked the Readme.txt to see if I'm doing anything wrong, and all the readme says is this-

ÿþ*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*% *%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%*%

Apparently they can't be bothered to translate the Readme into English. So far, I don't like it.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Talking Unofficial Street Fighter x Mega Man (Version 2) Mirror Courtesy of Digital Press

Street Fighter x Mega Man (Version 2) was just released yesterday. Ahh, but the official servers are too unresponsive. So how about an *unofficial* server?

http://www.videogamearchive.com/Stre...er_x_Mega_Man/

I have uploaded both the EU and US editions (and retained both version 1 and the new version 2) for your option.

So what's new in v2? Plenty! But the foremost improvement is the new passcode option! Just like in Mega Man 2, after you lose all of your lives you will get a code to continue the game at a later point. Hooray, just the feature for which many were wanting and waiting. But there's more! There is a new, more intuitive controller mapping feature, the ability to take screenshots, it now asks for confirmation before exiting or restarting the game, tweaks to fix some bugs, improved controller support with greater breadth of support, a new hidden boss, and (spoiler warning) an improved, more difficult fight with M. Bison.

Happy downloading!

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I had to figure this one out on my own and it will prove useful to others: to take a screenshot in SFxMM, press F9. This isn't mentioned in the documentation for the game.