Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Excited For Ni No Kuni?

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Well it's not 10AM PST yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble_Man View Post
    I saw this message around 10:30 today and immediately went to the Club Namco site. I'm not seeing a "buy" tab next to the product.
    I saw your post and immediately visited the namco website .... no luck

I had this game on watch since Level 5 announced it and finally the day has come ! .... the JRPGs on PS3 haven't been very good but I keep my hopes high.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Bubble_Man's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I got a bit excited and jumped to the website as soon I as I saw it was coming back open; I didn't read it very thorougly. I've got my wizard edition pre-ordered, so now I can go cancel my pre-order at Gamestop. They can keep their steelbook case. Thanks for the heads-up, Genshifter. You rock!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got my preorder in, hopefully all those ebay resellers who are trying to flip this for triple the price will go suck an egg now.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It sold out in three hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carnby View Post
    It sold out in three hours.
    Glad I visited the forum this morning. Talk about being at the right place at the right time!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble_Man View Post
    Yeah, I got a bit excited and jumped to the website as soon I as I saw it was coming back open; I didn't read it very thorougly. I've got my wizard edition pre-ordered, so now I can go cancel my pre-order at Gamestop. They can keep their steelbook case. Thanks for the heads-up, Genshifter. You rock!
    No Problem. I got mine as well. Can't wait!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

In case you are in the EU and missed out on Wizard edition, there is apparently a very limited stock coming back to amazon UK sometime soon. This is all I know right now:

https://twitter.com/NamcoBandaiUK/st...02788388175872

Good luck to y'all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got this email:

Dear Customer:

Digital River is very sorry for the problems you had ordering NAMCO BANDAI's Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch™ - Wizard's Edition. Regretfully, we must inform you that because of an error in our ordering system, the available inventory of Wizard's Edition was oversold by mistake. As a result, we were unable to fulfill your order because it was placed after the stock was depleted. You will receive an official order cancellation notice within 24-48 hours.

We want you to know that Digital River does not take this situation lightly. We are implementing process improvements to prevent this issue from happening again and are committed to regaining your trust. While we can't replace your order for the Wizard's Edition, we hope that you will accept this one-time-use coupon code for $20 off (valid through March 31, 2013) on any item from clubNAMCO. Please feel free to shop today for one of your favorite NAMCO BANDAI games or pre-order Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. We are confident your next experience with us will be a good one.

I will never buy through any company that uses Digital River again. As for Ni No Kuni, I've lost my immediate desire to play it. I might grab a copy when it's $20 or $30 in the future.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This week was supposed to be joyful for North American gamers who've waited years to dive into Level-5 and Studio Ghibli's jointly produced role-playing masterpiece, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. And as many fans are discovering, the game has been well worth the wait. But for the biggest fans - those who put down $120 on publisher Namco Bandai's website to secure the Wizard's Edition of the game - the Ni No Kuni launch has been anything but magical.

Reports earlier this week from upset fans on NeoGAF, Facebook, Twitter and the official Namco Bandai forums suggested orders were being cancelled due to billing errors. Others stated their credit cards and bank accounts had been hit with pre-authorization charges for the game, but that customer service representatives for Digital River, the order fulfillment company Namco Bandai uses for their online store, could not provide shipping estimates. Launch day came and went, and while those who'd picked up the standard version of the game were enjoying it immensely, fans who'd ordered the Wizard's Edition were completely in the dark about when their copies were going to ship.

On Wednesday afternoon, some fans reported getting shipping notifications; then in the early evening, Digital River issued an official statement via the Namco Bandai forums:

We apologize for the discrepancies you may have encountered with your order of NAMCO BANDAI’s Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch™ – Wizard’s Edition. As one of our valued customers, we want to assure you that a Digital River representative will be reaching out to you individually via email to address your specific issue. Should you wish to contact us, please call us at 952-392-2057. We sincerely appreciate your patience as we work through this situation.

The mood lightened as talk among fans shifted from the poorly handled launch to the quality of Level-5's game. Then something else happened: Namco Bandai sent out a mass email to hundreds of fans telling them their orders had been cancelled and that they wouldn't be able to get the game after all:

Digital River is very sorry for the problems you had ordering NAMCO BANDAI's Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch™ - Wizard's Edition. Regretfully, we must inform you that because of an error in our ordering system, the available inventory of Wizard's Edition was oversold by mistake. As a result, we were unable to fulfill your order because it was placed after the stock was depleted. You will receive an official order cancellation notice within 24-48 hours.

It sounded like a simple, unfortunate, stocking error, but then the forums exploded yet again when fans who'd ordered the game last summer reported having their orders cancelled, while others who'd gotten the game during a one-day restock last week received shipping confirmations. While there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to who had their orders cancelled and who received shipping notifications, one thing is clear to us after several hours waiting on hold with Digital River's customer service: neither Namco Bandai nor Digital River were equipped to handle the demand for the game.

If you ordered the Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition, has your order been cancelled, or are you sitting pretty on a shipping notification? What do you think about Namco Bandai's handling of the situation? Sound off in the comments below!

http://www.ign.com/blogs/mikebrns/20...e-pr-disaster/

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

All I know is that I got my order acknowledgement from them yesterday for my fancy edition. I preordered it many many many many moons ago. I've had issues with Digital River in the past, but so far so good.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

I got my WE today and it is a beauty. The wizard's companion is just a treasure to have - one of the best things in a CE I've seen in a while. I'll try and post pics soon.

I preordered on 1/17 at 11:58am central time just before the official time FWIW. I never got an email one except to tell me that it had shipped. I've been watching the ClusterF on Neogaf forums about this and I just cannot believe that people that ordered back in August are waiting and being cancelled while I have mine in hand. It makes no sense and I would hope Namco makes this right for every fan.

Pretzel (Level 4) LiquidPolicenaut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    LiquidSnake2047

Sadly, I am one of the customers who was screwed over. I placed my order on 1/17 literally at 11:00 AM (10:00 AM PST) and had my order cancelled I really wanted that CE and, thanks to me thinking I had the CE from Namco, I cancelled my Gamestop preorder too (where I could have at least had a nice steelbook) :P
    Mika: Where are you taking me, Gillian?
    Gillian: To look at videos on YouTube...
    Mika: *sigh* No more videos of a drunk Harry dancing with a dead Snatcher...
    Giliian: Nope, it's better...Its LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos!
    Gillian: And after that, you should also visit
    The Policenauts Paradise and Snatcher Shrine

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidPolicenaut View Post
    Sadly, I am one of the customers who was screwed over. I placed my order on 1/17 literally at 11:00 AM (10:00 AM PST) and had my order cancelled I really wanted that CE and, thanks to me thinking I had the CE from Namco, I cancelled my Gamestop preorder too (where I could have at least had a nice steelbook) :P
    Oh geez, I am sorry that happened. Have you checked on getting a german version that is taking preorders right now. You might be able to get it and it will still have an English book which is the best part anyways: http://www.amazon.de/Ni-Kuni-K%C3%B6...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidPolicenaut View Post
    That matches my experience down to the last detail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont know if its allowed, if not please delete this. but i stumbled upon a kind soul who pdf'd the wiz companion book.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/998014-n ... h/65281653

i hope it takes the sting outta not getting your order. im still sad i didnt..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was told that the Wizard's Companion book thingy was also available in the game too, so if you still want to read it, it IS accessible, just from your TV. If I'm wrong though, someone please feel free to correct me.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

You guys who pre-ordered on the 17th didn't get screwed over. People had this game pre-ordered from last summer and that restock messed up their inventory stats so that newer people are getting a copy and people who had pre-orders are getting their order cancelled.

You guys who pre-ordered on the 17th or after are lucky you got anything. This was a retailer exclusive and had a pre-order cut off date. No one was expecting cancelled orders to be restocked.

I just find it so funny when you guys placed your order last week and say you are getting screwed over. Screwed over is the guy who pre-ordered 6 months ago and got their order cancelled and has to listen to someone say they got screwed on their order from last week.
    Last edited by needler420; 01-25-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
    I just find it so funny when you guys placed your order last week and say you are getting screwed over. Screwed over is the guy who pre-ordered 6 months ago and got their order cancelled and has to listen to someone say they got screwed on their order from last week.
    Both sets of people got screwed on this equally, the time difference doesn't effect the outcome. It's not like it was a much needed liver where time is a factor to calculate into satisfaction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
    You guys who pre-ordered on the 17th didn't get screwed over.

Oh, we did get screwed over. There were just some people who got screwed even harder.