Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
I came extremely close to purchasing a Wii U the other day. I was looking at Wii U's on Craigslist, and I was wondering just how cheaply I could I get one of these things, now that the Xmas hype has died down and the honeymoon period is overwith. This one guy was willing to sell me his Wii U,plus Nintendoland for $220. Screaming deal right ? I mean, that's like going into a thrift store and seeing a Wii U with Nintendoland priced at $199 plus tax.

I was very tempted to get it, but at the last minute, I caught myself, and changed my mind.

Certainly, $220 for that package, was not a bad deal AT ALL. There is no question about that. It's a great deal. Why did I change my mind ? Well, mainly, the only game that I'm really interested in playing is the new Mario game. So, while he was going to thro in Nintendoland, I really wanted the Mario game. The cheapest I can get the Mario game is $35 (from another Craigslist guy), but then that takes the grand total up to $255, which I'm basically spending to play one game. I just came to the conclusion that paying $255 just to play one game is kinda dumb of me, so I decided that I'm going to hold off for now, and wait for the inevitable price drop, and for some more games to come out.

Part of me was thinking that the price for a Wii U on Craigslist isn't going to get much lower than this anytime soon, because Nintendo is likely to announce a new Mario Kart or new Zelda or something, and then there will be more excitement around the Wii U, and getting one for $220 with Nintendoland will be damn near impossible. So, one side of me still thinks it might be a good idea to buy one now, while people think it's a "dud" before all the new announcements come out for various games. But then the other side of me is saying... "Wait a minute... You know this is Nintendo, and you know that Nintendo takes FOREVER, to finally get all their games out, and I could be waiting until Fall 2013 before anything of any real significance is released, and by that time, I might be more interested in a PS4 or Xbox Infinity or whatever..."

But hey, if anybody out there is interested in getting a Wii U on the cheap, there are deals to be made, because some of these people on Craigslist are willing to sell their Wii U's for pennies on the dollar. (okay, maybe not pennies, but you know what I mean.. )
Now is a really good time to get Wii U deals on craigs list and some people have already been finding Wii U games as Target returns in Goodwill. I think that if I found an actual Wii U system in Goodwill that was a Target return I would most likely pick it up. As long as it was in good shape....and Goodwill didn't price it as if they were listing it on ebay.