Thread: How far did you get in Demon's Soul's?

Insert Coin (Level 0) CatTehBus's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How far did you get in Demon's Soul's?

And what kind of character did you play? I remember playing a mage character on the PS3 version, I think I was about soul level 500. Pretty sure I found every weapon/ armour in the game and got most of the trophies before then focusing on PVP. I used to play this game every single day, for most of the day, then I just stopped playing one day. So how far did you get in Demon's Soul's?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Not very. Got past the first "level" but the game really didn't sink it's teeth in me at all. I pretty much lost interest and the game just collected dust.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Don't remember the soul level, but it is one of few games that I platinumed. I played a hybrid mage // shield w/ rapier. I think plat means I got/did everything in the game.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I beat the game twice with the same character first time I've played. Soul level was less than 100. Every time I stop playing for a long period of time I start a new character though. I've probably beaten it twice with additional characters on the regular game.

I've played as a magic user once. Every other time I've played melee. Favorite weapon was the long sword, knight sword, and blueblood sword. Not even close to platinum on the game. I tried going for all the weapons and armor one time and then got bored of it mid game so stopped going out of my way for it and didn't bother going for any of the other trophies afterwards.

I like this game far more than Dark Souls. I've beaten Dark Souls once, started a new game later on, quit after Sen's Fortress. It's good, but there are far too many issues with the game to place it on the same level as Demon's Souls. Armor that doesn't do shit to protect you to where it's best to run half naked and take almost the same damage rather than wear armor, go much slower, and still take off almost the same damage. Weapons that are required to be level grinded because you got to the next area and are taking next to nothing and a required 20+ hits to defeat each opponent. My favorite weapons are straight swords, but straight swords don't scale in damage, and once you reach Sen's Fortress you'll take less than 20 damage off the enemies there each attack with a +5 long sword. Drake Sword between 20-30. Either switch your weapon type to something that scales and/or the enemy is weak against(while still needing to grind to atleast +5 when you're this far in the game) or grind your ass off. Instead of requiring skill like Demon's Souls(you could go through the entire game without grinding any of the starting weapons easily,) the game turns into a bullshit grindfest. Dark Souls is like the Disgaea version of Demon's Souls. Except the stats in Disgaea aren't retarded as fuck. You equip a piece of armor it actually makes a difference. You level up, your strength increases, your weapon doesn't do the same fucking damage.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 12-27-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

I got this game on US release day October 6,2009 before it got hyped up. I got platinum trophy sometime in 2010. Still have the gamestop receipt in the back of my case.

I just got platinum in dark souls about two week ago or so.

Insert Coin (Level 0) PROTOTYPE's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

Beat it, but like dark souls better for two things... the bosses were harder and the world was bigger.
    If it's not fun? Your not really playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Platinumed both this and Dark Souls. Loved it, though I certainly prefer Dark Souls to it, without a doubt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

I played through Demon's Souls and it was very enjoyable Although I am currently playing through Dark Souls, Demon's Souls has a fond place in my collection of favorite RPG games.

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

awesome! I always really liked the trophies in Demon's Soul's they really made me want to explore the entire game. I think I saw one video then went out and picked it up right away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I finished demon's souls many times i even got all of it's trophies.Really,the game isn't that difficult once you get it's mechanic's down it's not that hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    I finished demon's souls many times i even got all of it's trophies.Really,the game isn't that difficult once you get it's mechanic's down it's not that hard.
    Very true. The game only punishes you if you don't take the time to learn the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah by the end of the game you pretty much have every map memorized

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it was King Allant. I could not beat him, I think my class of character did not match up well. I played entirely solo though. I could have beaten him with some help.