Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Beaten in 2013

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Beaten in 2013

Continuing the tradition, this is a yearly topic where we keep track of the games we beat. Here's to another fun year of gaming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it was the first year after I signed up here and I saw the beaten thread right after the New Year and people already had games listed. I told them they were fast!

Now it looks like I get to continue that tradition.

I just finished Nightcaster for the Xbox.

I had my New Year's celebration, then about an hour later after everyone left, I sat down to finis the game. Granted all the work was done before and all I had to do was take care of the final two bosses, which took about 20 minutes, but it was still beaten in 2013!

So Happy New Year and another good year in gaming!
    Last edited by Superman; 01-01-2013 at 04:14 AM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

First game of the year beaten!

1. Forza Horizon (XBOX 360) 1/1

I basically speed beat this game because I am realizing I have a stupidly crazy amount of back logged games I gotta catch up on XD. Very fun game.
    Think of your traditional forza game cross bred with Need for speed Underground 2. The open world feel of that game. All licensed vehicles with their actual stats used all the visuals are there inside and out.
    The mods are just about the same as any forza game out there really they treat everything in stages and the only thing thats licensed is the wheels.

The world is pretty big although I wish it was bigger.
    The amount of cars in this game is a good size but could be much bigger imo to keep with the traditional forza/gran turismo games.

A new feature I find very cool is the Barn Finds.. It makes you look for hidden broken down cars that are inside garages/barns and when you find them your mechanic takes it back to his shop and gives it a full restoration and gives it back to ya. Fun lil hunt element to it. Thing was I enjoyed it so much I wish there was more scattered about.

Also theres nice lil elements like Speed Traps that capture your top speed through a section and saves it on record. speed zones take your best average speed in a section of road and keeps it on record.

The visuals of the world are very good. The graphics are amazing. The world really feels like a country side in colorado with small lil towns and small urban cities and dirt roads and mountain ranges and ect ect. Really captured it well. They out did themselves there.
    The festival itself the game revolves itself around actually looks like a really good time that i would wanna goto.. You can see concert stages going crazy in the back and killer theme park rides going on and such. Good times!

The music for the most part is pretty good. ya have 3 genre radio stations to listen to with their own individual dj's. I must be falling behind on music because alot of the stuff in the Pop channel (pulse) i have no idea what it was. But i scored Yeah Yeah by Willy Moon (its on the new ipod commercial)
    The rock station i felt shamed on. Some songs felt like true rock that belong on a game like this. Some songs felt more like they should have been on that pulse station or just not added at all. Me personally when i am driving 100+ mph and wanna listen to rock i wanna listen to double bass pedal thumping and guitars riffing and some dude screaming crazy stupid shit to get me pumped. Not music that feels like something i would listen to right before i goto bed.
    The techno channel I thought was the best and not because i am a big techno fan as well but.. They used alot more well known names in the genre. They used the style people listening to now (and included a classic from the early 80s! "Blue Monday" By New Order.. see if anyone remembers that track)

The bad with this game is once again not as many cars as I feel they should have had.
    As a car enthusiast I don't understand the mix of JDM imports vs USDM Imports..
    Take for example the 2011 Subaru STI. In this game its Left Hand drive
    But the Mitsubishi Evo X is Right hand drive. Why? We have those here too. Same with the Bently's.

Although it saved my ass in terms of beating the game as fast as I did. Why is there no breaking parts system. Basically you can beat the living shit out of your car throw it off a cliff or whatever and it will be just fine to drive as if it was brand new. Kinda adds a realism factor to it when ya hit a telephone pole ya DNF and have to replace vital stuff. But whatever. Or hell just DNF and forget about it.
    Which also brings me to another problem. Hit Points they put in this game. I've come across a few different points where go by a car and magically hit it although I never touched it. I will admit it was close but still didn't touch it.
    And when the objects that obstruct you in the world Like signs and telephone poles and fences and trees and ect ect ect.
    Why is it I can go blasting through a 2 story "WELCOME TO...." sign made out of logs and other wood material but yet i cant go through a bush. A bush will stop you dead in your tracks. But not the wood sign oh no no. And i can go through some wooden fences just peachy but other similar wood fences that they use to border the games world makes it inviting to crash through it but you cant. Like really?

The A.I. It goes from stupidly easy at the begining to the A.I has a GPS implanted in their brain and some how know every single turn perfectly in a 15 mile race at 200mph on a road course that was just made up. COME ON.

But all in all I will give the game 4/5. Its a really fun game (and i can imagine even more so online). But some really retarded mishaps. And the world famous God like A.I that all racing sims have and I wish they would step out of the box and add a lil human error to its coding to make it feel less like a racing machine and more like a actual human being racer.
    Last edited by Collector_Gaming; 01-01-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

2. The Walking Dead Chapter 1 (xbox 360) 1/2

I don't really know if I am comfortable calling it a game really more so a Choose your own adventure story. But whatever its beat and I will get the other ones to play through. 5/5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PS2)
    DoC was an ... okay game, I guess. The gameplay was too generic, storyline was so-so, and there was a lot of bad voice acting, bad voice acting directing, and bad dialogue writing. And a couple of bad designs. (There have been a lot of strange character designs in the FF games, but Shalua's costume is probably the worst I've seen yet.) But it was cool to get more info on Vincent's past, at least.

2. Kuri Kuri Mix (PS2) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    Also known as "The Adventures of Cookie and Cream" in the US, this was an incredibly fun co-op game! Each player controls a rabbit on their side of the screen, and the two can't cross over to each others' sides, but have to help each other out in order to progress. Incredibly fun, addicting, silly, and hilarious! Can also be quite a bit challenging at times. Highly recommended for people who would like a fun co-op game with a bunch of laughs!

3. Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
    Really fun game, enjoyed it just as much as I did when it was first released! And now I guess I can finally move onto the other games in the series ...

4. Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Episode 1 (PC)
    From the people who made The Silver Lining, and with a little story help from Jane Jensen herself, comes a supernatural crime thriller about an FBI agent trying to stop a serial murderer that seems to always be one step ahead. Really fun game, and sometimes very intense. Definitely one of the better adventure games I've played in a long time.

5. Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Episode 2 (PC)
    The story in this game was quite a surprise! Picking up where Episode 1 left off, the game certainly takes a turn for the grotesque! And you really feel the pressure in this one! I can't wait for the next episodes! (Actually, I did get to play test Episode 3, and I loved it! Didn't finish it though, and it was far, far from done, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what'll happen!)

6. Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon (PC)
    Time to help George and Nico save the world once more! In my opinion, this was a rather good game. The crate pushing puzzles and semi platforming elements seemed for the most part like things they added to artifically make the game longer, but otherwise the game was great! And in my opinion, the story was better than that in the second game, as well. Really enjoyed this - aside from the crate pushing. :P

7. Shadow of Memories (PS2)
    Originally known as "Shadow of Destiny," Shadow of Memories is the European release of this game, in which the protagonist, Eike, travels through time to stop himself from being killed - something that is easier said than done when you don't know your murderer. Despite some minor flaws(some of the voice acting, awkward collision detection), the game is a lot of fun! It also has got some side quests and optional events, five very different endings, plus an Extra gameplay mode, which makes for quite a bit of replayability - I didn't stop until I had done all of the endings, including the Extra. I'd very much recommend this game to people who enjoy classic, story driven adventure games, and time travel based stories.

08. Dracula Resurrection (PC)
    Okay, another adventure game! Well, what can I say about this? It's a weird one. The various characters look generally strange, like most of them are caricatures, and one of the scariest things in the game is just talking to the old woman running the inn at the start of the game. Man, is she creepy! o.O Anyway, moving on, the voice acting is mostly subpar, and there are some really strange camera angles going on during cut scenes where NPCs are talking. Not sure what the developer was going for here. The story is wishy-washy, though the premise itself is decent enough. You receive parts of the story that are needed just when you need to know them, to the point where you can safely say what's coming up next in the game without breaking a sweat. The worst one possibly being when you just randomly read a page from Dracula's journal, where he just randomly mentions how he's stored a flying machine based off of Leonardo da Vinci's design in a tower of his castle, and it just so happens that you need a way to get out of there a minute later. And the flying machine just happens to be completely prepared for use, and the main character just happens to know exactly how to use it perfectly. Yeah, good story writing there! But even so, the game was still enjoyable enough. The graphics were nice, the scenes were detailed and interesting, and there were some nice puzzles that I enjoyed. I will be checking out the sequels, and hopefully they improve on the first game's faults.

09. Freak Out (PS2)
    Also known as "Stretch Panic," this little game is certainly a bit out of the ordinary. Your attacks are basically pinching the enemies with your magic/demonic scarf, stretching it, and then releasing it so whatever you stretched snaps back, just like a rubber band, inflicting damage. There are also special attacks. The controls are a bit out of the ordinary: None of the four main buttons are used in the actual gameplay. Instead you use the shoulder and analog stick buttons, and the analog sticks for movement. And it actually works quite well! So with this you have to save all twelve of your older sisters. You do so by battling their possessed versions as boss fights, and a lot of these boss fights are really cool and well designed! To get to these you must have enough points to unlock the door leading to each sister boss from the hub area, and you gain points by doing critical hits. Points are most easily gathered by fighting the ladies with enormous boobs in the Ex worlds, which are also connected to the hub area, but cost no points to enter. The game is short, and just enough so that the gameplay and general weirdness don't become old. It's a really strange, but fun game. Well worth playing through at least once.

10. Goldeneye (N64).
    This is a classic, and is just as fun now as it was back then!

11. Project Zero: Crimson Butterfly - Director's Cut (Xbox)
    I really enjoyed the first Project Zero game(AKA Fatal Frame), and finally got around to playing the sequel. And I must say I think it's even better than the first! Ended up with the worst of the three endings though(plus I took the time to check out the semi ending near the end), and I simply checked out the other endings on YouTube. Great game for survival horror fans, without a doubt! Looking forward to playing the next game in the series!

12. Fahrenheit (PS2) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    Also known as "Indigo Prophecy," this title is a gem! I played this on the PC back when it came out, and I still think it's a fantastic game! Starts off as a supernatural thriller, but then gradually becomes a bit more modern fantasy and conspiracy themed, with The Matrix styled action sequences that kicks ass! Great game for people who love games with good stories!

13. Heavy Rain (PS3) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    Wow, this was such a great experience! I finally got to play this game, and I was certainly not let down! Not many games manages to make you empathize this much with the characters, that's for sure!

14. Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
    So, I finally got around to playing through this game. Certainly not a bad game, but I can't say it lives up to other games in the series. The story is a bit too straight forward, with not many twists, and the few twists near the end seemed more like an afterthought rather than something planned. At the end of the game I felt like I had played through the first half of a standard FF game - not because of gameplay time, but because of how the story is built up. There were also some really strange gameplay design elements that could've been done better, mainly to do with rare items, statistical character development, and side quests. That said, the game did keep my interest throughout the whole thing, and several things were done right as well. I will probably play through the sequel, Revenant Wings for the Nintendo DS, at some point.

15. Max Payne (PS2) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    This is a fantastic third person shooter! Gameplay is great, but the story is even better! Lots of witty writing, and it's like playing a game set in a Sin City story!

16. Assassin's Creed (PS3)
    Great game, although it is quite repetitive. There are also some annoying elements, like the lack of variation in lines said by various NPCs, or not being able to swim. The game feels more like a prologue than a full game due to its rather straight forward and predictable story. But if you avoid everything optional, then you won't be bothered that much by the annoying elements, and the game will be more enjoyable.

17. Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    This was such an incredibly great game! They took all the good parts of the first game and made them better, disposed of all the annoying parts, and added a lot of brand new features that just works perfectly! In addition, the story is just outright fantastic! And while I haven't played all the games, from what I hear I think it's safe to say that if you're only going to play a single Assassin's Creed game, this is it!

18. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PS3)
    Now, this game might not be as good as AC2, but it's certainly a really good and enjoyable game. It's a bit slower paced and more laid back. Some of the features made me feel like I was playing a Sim City version of Assassin's Creed. It felt just slightly out of place, even though I still really enjoyed it. Absolutely worth playing through if you enjoyed AC2 as it directly continues the story of Ezio, and is also still a great game.

19. Metal Slug 4 (PS2) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    I had not played any games in this series until now, but I'm really glad I did! Played this through together with a friend, and we had a bunch of fun! The only downside to it was that the game was incredibly short. But hey, I guess it's a good thing when you just want more! Guess I'll have to get the rest of the games in this series, now.

20. Kim Possible: What's the Switch? (PS2)
    I don't have any other knowledge of Kim Possible; Haven't seen the TV series or anything before. But this game was a lot of fun! It plays like a solid platformer/beat 'em up, and you take on the roles of Kim Possible and Shego, switching between them throughout stages, plus playing some parts as a naked rat, as they hunt down the villains who stole the ancient Monkey Idol. They need to get it back not only to stop the villains from unleashing their evil and destructive plans on the world, but also to switch back the minds of their male sidekicks. The only thing I didn't like about this game is that they have got ambient noises in a couple of stages that is a bit too noisy, so to speak. But other than that, this is a great game!

21. Soleil (SMD)
    Also known as "Crusader of Centy," this game is a very cool "Zelda clone." Apart from the graphics and general gameplay, it does stand out on its own. It's got its own gameplay elements, a different puzzle logic, and even music and storyline, all of which sets it apart from its SNES competitor and inspiration. The story revolves around a fourteen year old boy who starts his training to eventually become a hero serving his king and country. But soon after he loses the ability to understand and talk to other humans. On the other hand, he gains the ability to understand and speak with animals, flowers, and monsters. And so he must go on a quest to regain his ability to speak with other humans.

Along the way you befriend different creatures. These creatures basically act like items that you can equip. You can have a maximum of two creatures active at any one time, and they all give you special abilities. For example, you get a dog that can bite an enemy and hold it in place, so it can't move from the spot, you get a cheetah that makes you move twice as fast, and you get a penguin that adds its ice magic to your sword. There are also several combinations of creatures that will unlock special abilities as well.

The music is a bit hit or miss, with some songs that just works well and others that quite simply don't. The game is very light hearted, and often flat out comical. Despite this, the story is actually anything but, and comes with a moral lesson. Sadly, the game pretty much slaps you in the face with the moral instead of being a little bit vague about it, which I found to be a bit annoying. The story is also heavily inspired by Christianity, and I personally felt it was a little bit too much - but that's my personal opinion, and nothing else.

The English translation was obviously not handled very well. It was as if no one bothered to proof read anything before shipping the game. And the game also ended with a loose end - nothing big, but basically an early plot device that they just simply forgot about when it wasn't needed anymore.

Overall it's a good game. It has its flaws, but for anyone who wants to play a game similar to "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past," but with enough difference that it doesn't feel like a rip off, this is certainly a game to check out! Sonic, the gallant hedgehog, also makes a cameo appearance in this game, sunbathing at the beach.

22. Metal Slug 3 (PS2) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    I got to play through this in co-op with my younger brother, and it was a blast! It is the second Metal Slug game that I play, and I was certainly not disappointed, with my high expectations from Metal Slug 4. This game was actually even whackier than its sequel, something I enjoyed a lot! These games are just pure fun, and great co-op games! I was also surprised when the character I was playing got abducted, and I had to play as a different character to go save her! That was certainly not something I had expected!

23. Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, Episode 3 (PC)
    This series is just becoming better and better by the episode! This time there's some new gameplay elements that just puts a big twist on everything, including how you need to think when solving puzzles! Very cool!

I was actually also one of the play testers on the alpha for this a few months back, which was a great experience. But we only played up to a certain point, so I only knew what went on for about a little more than half the game, I'd say.

24. Far Cry 3 (PS3)
    I don't play a lot of FPS game, but this was good. Over hyper, but good. It wasn't afraid to try and push some boundaries with story telling and creativity in FPS games, and it's certainly a genre that needs better story telling and more creativity in general! So I'm certainly giving it a plus for that! Certainly worth playing through once or twice.

25. Simon the Sorcerer (PC)
    So here's a classic that has been on my "to play" list for way too many years! And I've got to say, I loved it! Everything from shaving a dwarf's beard to watching the bridge troll on strike, it was just tons of fun! And oh, got to love it when the game breaks the fourth wall!

26. Simon the Sorcerer II (PC)
    Eh, this was rather boring. I suggest just playing the first game, and not bothering with the sequel.

27. The Longest Journey (PS2) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    This is one of my favourite games ever! And certainly my favourite adventure game! The game has got an amazing storyline, with lots of interesting sights to explore, which again is inhabited by many intriguing characters! It manages to balance the heavy plot elements perfectly with comedy; While generally having a deep and serious story, it's also light hearted at times, and at other times just plain funny, often with a healthy dose of satire included.

The Longest Journey certainly lives up to its name, for being really long for a point & click adventure game, and for taking you on a journey that spans not only one, but two worlds! In addition to all the physical places you go, there's also a journey of self discovery for the main character.

The game is wonderfully written, the 15 year old prerendered graphics still holds up, and the music is fantastic as well! It's just as magical to play through this game every time I do so!

28. Demolition Girl (PS2)
    Well, what can I say? It's not a great game. Controls are not always great, and the game is short. The intro and ending both lack any sound whatsoever. But even so, controlling tanks, helicopters, and jets to take down a rampaging, Godzilla sized, well endowed, bikini wearing, alien controlled, pop idol, teenage girl certainly was an experience in itself!

29. Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, Episode 4 (PC)
    So, I finished the last part of this series, or at least this season of it. (The developers have mentioned that they have got ideas for a second season.) Although this last episode felt rushed, and there were several negative aspects of the game related to that, it ultimately gave a good conclusion to the story!

If it is made, I will certainly get the sequel season.

30. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (PS2) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    This was a lot of fun to play through! Took me roughly 90 hours, and I didn't even go for the alternative ending. (Checked that out on YouTube instead. ) I must say, this was a fantastic game! And it was easy to see how Toriyama had influenced more than just the designs. It was also obvious in the script, and even the gameplay!

The game feels like a "Final Fantasy light," with the story being rather straight forward, and slightly less advanced gameplay. That's not a bad thing, though. It's just a bit different, and it's in a good way. Absolutely worth checking out!

31. The Last of Us (PS3) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    Wow, this was an incredible game! From the setting to the characters, and the gameplay to the story, this game was just packed with brilliance! I really liked how they made zombies that are actually based on something from reality. (Yes, there are actual Cordyceps fungi in reality that makes zombies out of living creatures!) And everything seemed believable and plausible. Every detail in the game seemed thought out, and the characters all seemed real.

Games with this level of quality don't come around too often. So if you haven't already: Go play it!

32. Everblue (PS2) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    This is certainly what I would call a hidden gem, especially if you're an adventure gamer! You take on the role of Leo, who's more or less coerced by his childhood friend to dive in search of ship wrecks and the treasures they hold. You soon come across a strange, jewel like object, and it seems to be related to stories about a curse on the ocean itself.

The game uses a point & click interface when you're in the town. The NPCs in town serve multiple purposes: Some are collector's whom you can give objects you find in return for eventual rewards; Some are merchants who will sell and buy goods; Some are there purely to help along the story or add some lore to the world; And some are there with more specialized purposes, like synthesizing of items, auctions, or for taking you out to sea, where the main gameplay is.

The main gameplay is underwater exploration, which happens in first person. When just having left the town, and diving more or less randomly in the sea, it's easy to get a bit annoyed by the fact that you can't move your character or the camera up or down. This annoyed me as well, until I realized that this part of the gameplay was more like a "world map" than anything else. And being able to move vertically there is not even needed, anyway. You basically swim about underwater, and you can use a sonar to look for treasure. The type of items the sonar reacts to depends on the "elements" you equip it with - so you can have it find metal and glass items, or wood and clay items, etc. These elements are items you need to find or purchase to be able to use. Soon you will also find sunken ships which you can enter, and when you do, that's where the real gameplay lies.

Once you've entered a ship, you have full maneuverability: You can now also move up and down with both your character and the camera as you wish. You can also pick up almost any item you can find, although not everything is possible to pick up at first due to there being limits to how much you are able to carry. Once you get better gear(which can improve the amount of oxygen and stamina you have, how much you can carry, how deep you can dive without freezing, and how fast and maneuverable you are), you are also able to take larger and heavier stuff with you. Your stamina will also improve by time.

For those who enjoy games where you've got collectables that you can complete, there's certainly more than enough of that in this game, as well. You've got titles which are given to you by different people based on things you do(dive down X amount of meters, find a certain treasure, etc.), coins that are given to you as a token of trust and friendship, and collectors who want one of every item of specific types(for example, one guy wants to taste all the different types of liquor you can get). These things are all optional though, and you don't need to do them at all if you're not into it.

There's certainly more than enough to do in this game, and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys exploring and treasure hunting in games!

33. Duck Tales Remastered (Wii U) HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
    Wow, this was a great game! I had not played the original, so it certainly wasn't nostalgia that made this game awesome in my eyes. No, it was just a fantastic game in its own right!
    Last edited by Guyra; 11-18-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

2. The Walking Dead Chapter 1 (xbox 360) 1/2
    3. Batman Arkham City (PC) 1/6

What a really cool continuation to the arkham franchise story. Follows so perfectly and well told. In this one you play catwoman and batman both! You meet alot of new bad guys and characters that weren't really present in asylum which add to the anthology of batman as a whole. Which is really great. I love how they got the same voice actors to pitch in again to do this one (with the exception of BANE... He sounded different in asylum and in this one they must have gotten word on how the movie was getting done and how the character was gonna sound like they did a kinda close sounding to that last batman movie's bane).
    New weapons and new moves! Very similar feel and combat the graphics are about the same (although for some reason it seemed a lil more sluggish on my computer this time around for some reason :/).
    It might have been me but the game play felt slightly shorter then asylum (i checked my total time of game play and I put in 17 hours on asylum and 16 on City).
    Alot more mini games then asylum if your one of those completionist style gamers that have to do everything before putting the game down.

My personal favorite touch they added to the game is the new look to Harely Quinn
    I mean she was quite a looker in Asylum

But in City.....

Meeeowww

Anyways 5/5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finished sonic 1,2 and 3. I didn't relies that until recently I had never beaten sonic 1 or 3 so I had to go a finish them off.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

I might also add the expansion the Arkham City was a nice 1 1/2 to 2 hour romp showing the after math. And seeing what harley's done!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Elysiun
    PSN
    Sabaku_Hoshi
    Steam
    Nionel

Man, you were just on top of creating the thread again this year, Jelly. Anyway, I've got some games to add on...

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (XBLA, 1/7)
    2. The Walking Dead: Episode 5: No Time Left (XBLA, 1/7)

Not much to say on Sonic 4, it was fun to run through it and it was better than the first one, so it was an okay game. Episode Metal was a nice addition as well, I still need to finish getting the Emeralds and Red Rings, but I'll go back for that.

Wow. The Walking Dead was fantastic, I wish I would have been able to play the final episode a lot sooner, but oh well. I really hope that Telltale does a second season, I would buy it up in a heart beat after playing these. Easily one of the best stories in a game last year.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

1. Retro City Rampage (Vita)
    2. Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (Vita)

RCR was just plain fun from start to finish. Everything is spot-on for me as a kid growing up in the 80's & 90's and it played really well.

NGSP was just as fun (frustrating) as I remember on the Xbox when I played NGB, although it went MUCH more quickly with the addition of the quick use recovery items.

Given I picked up a Vita over the holidays, I think my year is going to be geared towards finishing titles on that little gem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Finished Far Cry 3 tonight. An excellent open-world RPG/shooter. FPS GOTY. Now to start chipping away at that Steam backlog...

Jan. 09 - Far Cry 3 (PC)
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Assassin's Creed III

I'm currently at 97% complete overall with just some incidental hunting and item gathering to do.

Every single main and optional story point completed with 100% sync.

It's not a perfect game, and it's not much different than any other AC game in the series. There are a few really "broken" missions in the bunch that are frustrating but doable. But, overall, it was absolutely my favorite Assassin's Creed game of all time, the characters, the settings and the weave in and out of the American Revolution is simply spectacular.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sunset Riders - Genesis
    Boogerman - Genesis
    Road Rash 64 - I technically finished this last year, but I just earned enough money to acquire the last set of motorcycles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    AceAerosmith71

1. Clash of the Titans (PS3) 01/15/13 (Yeah, I don't know why I bothered either.)
    β€œThe world has, forever and always, been brimming with shit-heads.” - Dana Gould

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

After 4 months I finally finished Jewel Master: Cradle of Rome 2. The 3DS tells me I've clocked just under 60 hours played. 60 hours of a mediocre match-three game. Let that one sink in for a while. In my defense, 95% of this game was played during commercials while watching football. But still....ugh.

Jan. 09 - Far Cry 3 (PC)
    Jan. 15 - Jewel Master: Cradle of Rome 2 (3DS)
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wintersday, the year-close occasion has dropped on Guild Wars 2 and it comes bearing gold cultivating and gold-making chances for the aforementioned who are eager to be additional covetous. From hopping riddles to the Bell Choir amusement to grinding the ceaselessly producing toy crowds opposite Tyria, numerous exercises this Wintersday will compensate Gifts that can sold for GW2 money at the outlets or at the Trading Post. Cultivating the same as you can until the occasion closures in a few weeks might as well turn out to be an astounding gainful – also fun – practice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just finished Mega Man 2 NES in emulation recently. After seeing egoraptor's Mega Man video I had more interest in tackling the earlier games. Mega Man 1 is quite challenging and perhaps not yet enjoyable enough for me. Mega Man 2 I think represents the most accessible of the NES series. When I began playing MM2 last week I went through the 8 robot masters without any issue in one sitting (Bubble-Quick-Flash-Metal-Wood-Air-Crash-Heat). Heat Man's stage is probably the most challenging of the first eight and I found the Bubble Lead to be pretty effective most of the time, especially in the end. There really isn't anything to say beyond this is my first Mega Man game clear and I think it's with likely one of the best in the entire series. Good music, decent difficulty and duration. I think I'll move onto the more challenging Mega Man 3 which for many years I held in high regard but never had the patience.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fahlim003 View Post
    Just finished Mega Man 2 NES in emulation recently. After seeing egoraptor's Mega Man video I had more interest in tackling the earlier games. Mega Man 1 is quite challenging and perhaps not yet enjoyable enough for me. Mega Man 2 I think represents the most accessible of the NES series. When I began playing MM2 last week I went through the 8 robot masters without any issue in one sitting (Bubble-Quick-Flash-Metal-Wood-Air-Crash-Heat). Heat Man's stage is probably the most challenging of the first eight and I found the Bubble Lead to be pretty effective most of the time, especially in the end. There really isn't anything to say beyond this is my first Mega Man game clear and I think it's with likely one of the best in the entire series. Good music, decent difficulty and duration. I think I'll move onto the more challenging Mega Man 3 which for many years I held in high regard but never had the patience.
    Did you do it without save states?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BricatSegaFan View Post
    Did you do it without save states?
    That's correct, no save states used in practice or during the run. Mega Man 2 doesn't have memorization heavy parts. Even at the end of the game. If you have a few E-tanks saved up for Wily, then it's pretty straight forward. I forgot to add I did practice/try going through Dr Wily's Stages a couple times, so that portion I did not do in the first sitting where I completed the 8 robot masters. With the password from Heat Man with the previous 7 RMs cleared and with a plan, today I went through all 6 areas of Dr Wily's lab without continues or save states and beat the final boss.

Normal difficulty I also forgot to mention.
    Last edited by fahlim003; 01-20-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so far this year:

Bonk 3: TG-16
    Cratermaze: TG-16
    Exile: TG-CD
    Dragon Slayer Legends of Heros: TG-CD
    Gotzendiner: PCE
    Sonic 2: Genesis
    Last edited by turboswimbz; 01-21-2013 at 08:01 PM.