Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily check :)2013 (GAMEPLAY)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Didn't know it, but Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus came with a free copy of Quest for Booty. Finished one, working on the other.

Internet Ent Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MadMikeJ83
    Steam
    mad-miker83

Dragon Warrior II (NES Via Android) - I'm pretty much about to give up on this one though as I'm playing it emulated through my Android Phone using a Moga Pocket controller (my wife works for Power-A and got this free when they first came out in late 2012). Why am I about to give up.....it's taking centuries for the Water Flying Clothes to get done, when I should be able to save and restart and get them according to some FAQs.

Dragon Warrior III (NES) - headed to some town I can't remember the name of and keep getting eaten alive by flame clouds and blue bugs I forget the name of. My entire party save for the hero is dead, and I have no fundage to revive them all, so I'm raising cash by solo-battling out near Romaly.

I just obtained Activision Decathlon for the 2600.....e-god, it wrecks my arms more than Bigfoot for the NES does....and I love Bigfoot even with it's horrendous control scheme for the side scroll levels. I just played that recently too.

I also started working on a few SNES titles on the Wii through VC as I'm starting to miss my SNES since posting here. For a wedding gift a friend gave me some Wii points so I slapped on The Legend Of Zelda (my SRAM Battery is dead and I don't have time/money to fix), The Legend of Zelda, a Link to the Past, which I'm currently trying to nab the first pendant and failing on the boss (those giant darknuts), I also started unlocking a bunch of stuff in SMW, and started a new game of Super Mario RPG, another one I miss.

Also played a little BlackJack on the 486 last night as well.

Of course, this is all stretched out in short spurts over the past week or two when I had a moment to kill here or there at home.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Super Mario Bro's Wii U

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

TESTING NES Games on a FC TWIN Clone System..

Super Mario 2..
    Game does not work in clone system,shows up as Blocks
    http://youtu.be/9U9R8Ujq8LI

Last edited by Videogamerdaryll; 11-16-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I pushed my way through Super Ninja Boy on Super Nintendo as fast as I could and beat it a couple nights ago. It had its amusing moments (especially when I got Bigbot; pretty hilarious and cool airship that is), but overall I'd say the game is mediocre, if only because of its technical issues. The final battle and ending were pretty unsatisfying. I wasn't even sure that the final boss was the final boss. And with the piss-poor localization of the game (which, admittedly, produced some enjoyable comedy; I got a laugh out of the "Scichic" equipment and the "Cupsule", which I assume were supposed to be "Psychic" and "Capsule"), the little bit of story in the ending was basically incomprehensible (like most of the plot in the game), and all there was after that was a sort of "music video" that flashed around all the character portraits in the game, yawn. I'm amazed at how few people worked on the game, though. No wonder it has problems. If I remember correctly, there was only one single person doing the programming.

Anyway, next up I'm tackling Aero the Acro-Bat on Super Nintendo. So far I've just toyed around in the first few stages to get the hang of it. Doesn't seem great, but it seems better than some of the other crap mascot platformers I've played in recent years like Bubsy. The controls in Aero leave a little to be desired, but I can work with it. The graphics and sound do too, but I feel like this game could be reasonably enjoyable nonetheless, more so than Super Ninja Boy at least. It's a bummer that there doesn't seem to be any battery saving or passwords, though. If this was an NES game, that'd be one thing, but I at least expect passwords in a SNES platformer from late '93. It's just laziness/cheapness on the part of the developers. Oh well, I know the game has a stage select code, so maybe I'll end up using that to save myself tons of repetition of the early stages.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry

Trying to unlock all the character's in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for Dreamcast and crying because it took me 2 days to beat arcade mode on the easiest difficulty.
    Seriously why is this so hard? I've never felt more like a casual.This came after a binge on Soul Calibur (my specialty... any version, any day of the week)

The difficulty in comparison is like fighting a 1 armed child.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boone View Post
    Trying to unlock all the character's in Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for Dreamcast and crying because it took me 2 days to beat arcade mode on the easiest difficulty.
    Seriously why is this so hard? I've never felt more like a casual.This came after a binge on Soul Calibur (my specialty... any version, any day of the week)

The difficulty in comparison is like fighting a 1 armed child.
    There's a trick to that,go into practice mode and have the game sit for so many hours.Ive found that is a simple way to get the most points.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gingerale726
    Steam
    gingerale726

Talking

I've been playing blue because i never actually had that game until I got it a the digital press store a month ago. I got all the gym leaders and im up to about 89 in my pokedex. Besides that, i've been playing minecraft and TF2

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

It took a bit of practice, but I finally cleared the Circus area (AKA the first area out of, I believe, four) in Aero the Acro-Bat on Super Nintendo. I can rack up lots of lives, but I also blow through them fast with the instant-death spikes that are everywhere in this game. Given the length of these stages, it's just beyond stupid that there's no way to continue your game after turning the system off, so I'll definitely be using the stage select code. I don't know if it can take you to any specific stage or just the first stage of an area, but I only plan to use it for the latter. Once I can clear an area without using any continues (they're not that helpful anyway; they take you all the way back to the first stage of the area) and without dropping below 5 lives in reserve (the default you start with), I'll use the stage select code to skip that area since it doesn't given me any advantage at that point (it's a disadvantage, in fact, since I could be stockpiling lives on those early stages) besides saving all the time I'd spend tediously doing the same stages over and over. And I already managed that with the Circus area (beat the boss with 6 lives in reserve), so I'll jump straight to the Funpark next time.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Chack'n Pop on the SG-1000.

A bizarre little number with elements of both Bomberman and Bubble Bobble.

Also re-discovering how bad I am at Star Force.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I cleared the Funpark and Woods areas of Aero the Acro-Bat on Super Nintendo, so now I'm up to the final area, the Museum. I haven't been playing that much lately since it's kind of a chore to play this game. It's not particularly bad, but with nothing particularly good about it either, I just can't get myself jazzed up to play. If it was an easy game, I'd probably make more of an effort to push myself through it fast, but it does take some degree of practice to clear the stages. Oh well, hopefully I'll be done soon and moving on to my next Super Nintendo game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Some Megadrive games,I have gave up with Moonwalker for the time being as I seem unable to get into the game so I have switched to playing Flicky and Sub terrania.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I haven't played any Super Nintendo since my last post, but I guess you could say I've been playing it in a roundabout way in that I started Breath of Fire on my Game Boy Advance SP. I've been spending long days watching over and caring for my family member who got out of the hospital, so I figured I needed something portable to occupy my time. I'm up to Bleak, the town of thieves, right now. It's nothing super special or innovative, but it's nice to play a solid, traditional RPG now and then. Plus I figure it's about time I start playing this series. I own every single Breath of Fire game, but I had yet to play through any. May as well start at the beginning and work my way up to the ones that seem a little more interesting. My fiance is a big fan of the series, so I'm looking forward to someday getting to the later ones.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Borderlands 2 GotY. Finished the main story with Axton and immediately started a new playthrough with Zero

Puppeteer. Maybe halfway through

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

SFC
    Ys V Lost Kefin,Kingdom of Sand

If any body didn't know,Ys 5 for the sfc/snes has a fan translation now thanks to aeon genesis.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQWqUN0Bc-Q

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

At home on the Ouya console I've been trying out a lot of arcade games and immediately completing the ones that have unlimited instant continues while saving the tough ones that let you only continue from checkpoints or the start of the level you're on for later. Games that have no continues whatsoever are in their own category as I wouldn't push as hard to try beating them. Some of those have no end.

For handheld gaming I currently have some NES and Game Boy games I've already been working on.

Dragon Warrior 2 for NES - I have finally gotten back to where I was on my old cartridge copy before I sold it. I'm wandering around Rhone leveling up but this time I have some of those shields that can heal you and some Dragon's Banes to prevent status ailments more often. I'm thinking I may have it easier this time with those. Still it is said to get everyone to at least level 30 to stand a chance so I've got a ways to go. I might as well play till I max the characters out, then put my battery save onto the powerpak from my PSP so I can do the boss run on the real NES instead of cheating and savestating like I did when I played a full run on a PC emulator. And that's if I can succeed.

Pokémon Red Version for Game Boy - after recently finishing Blue Version this should be easy, but it takes a really long time to do what I do and level every in-game obtainable monster to level 50.

Donkey Kong Land 2 for Game Boy - I'm finally attempting to get all of the bonus coins.

Next month I start my job again and I'll be taking one of my NES systems with me. At that point I intend to be done with Dragon Warrior II and will resume Final Fantasy II in English from where I left off and work on finishing it. After that I intend to start a file in Final Fantasy III in English and at least get to the final dungeon. We'll see if I can ever actually beat that place legitimately because I used savestates like crazy when I used my PC emulator in that game. After that I'll probably be thinking about Star Tropics to get a break from the grindfest style games. I mean I could jump right into Dragon Warrior III after that, but I think I'll be a little burned out on the style after having gotten through Dragon Warrior II recently by then.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Trying to figure out how to pass the first level on a 1982 coleco Nintendo Donkey Kong Jr Table Top

Popeye "Game & Watch" table top

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Surprise update: I actually managed to beat all the last bosses of Dragon Warrior II in a row on my first try. Either I got lucky or the strategies I used were just great. All three characters had a Shield of Strength (for using in battle as substitute for Healmore, only the 2nd prince had it actually equipped) and a Dragon's Bane for status ailment protection. I think my character levels were 43, 38 and 31. And I kept casting Defense during the last boss fights to weaken them and recovered with Healall and Shield of Strength as needed while the leader mostly attacked and the 2nd prince hid behind his healing shield. lol
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Still plugging away at Breath of Fire on my Game Boy Advance SP. I just got Ox, so now I have 6 of 8 characters. The stretch with just Gobi was a real pain. I didn't have any idea where I was going underwater, and you get him at such a low level with such lousy equipment. I'm sure I lost more battles during that part than in all of the game before that combined.