Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily check :)2013 (GAMEPLAY)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default What Game/s are you Playing? Daily check :)2013 (GAMEPLAY)

What game/s are you Playing? Daily check 2013

I played ANGRY BIRDS 360

...............late 2012 into 2013...

NEW THREAD FOR 2013
    Last edited by Videogamerdaryll; 02-14-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got the cables behind my tv sorted out and played PS2, the first game I played was Silent Hill 2, this tv were stuck wit his horrible though I cant adjust the brightness or dark on it. I played 3rd Strike, man it was washed out, weird settings on my tv again. Then I played SNK Arcade Classics, still washed out if its bright, really dark in dark places. Then I beat Guilty Gear X on beginner mode, NO SHAME AT ALL. :D

Gonna play other games now. The PS2 is my favorite console ever. :D

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default old arcade games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Super Paper Mario (Wii)

I watched youtube footage on this awhile back and decided it wasn't for me. Too much storyline for an action game. A friend wanted to play through it, however, so I told him, "Sure, we can take turns fast-forwarding dialogue." The game is actually pretty fun, so now I might have to pick it up. It's only $20, so why not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been playing quite a bit. I just set up my new classic gaming area so I have been playing a lot of rock and roll racing and sega rally. Im thinking about playing something from the stack of PS1 JPRGs I just bought.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Castlevania Symphony of The Night Saturn version as Maria. I dont really like her attacks but I like she has a triple jump.
    NiGHTS Into Dreams, really fun and cool looking. Makes me feel great. :)
    Gonna play some Gate and Lords of Thunder soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IHatedSega View Post
    Theres a Clay Fighter Tournament tonight at Game Over at N Lamar and 183 in Austin TX tonight at 6pm.

I tried playing this just now, and didnt like it, so Ill just enter to goof off and have some fun.
    Meh I like the south Lamar location better. I'm always there and the staff seems much more helpful.

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Playing: Chrono Trigger (Stuck at a boss a while back with overpowered attacks based on its hands, will resume sometime later)
    Fantasia (Genesis) - Just came in the mail today. With the help of Game Genie it'll be tolerable.
    Quackshot (Genesis) - Expecting in a few days. Already played a bit on emulator in preparation.

I picked up a copy of Valkyria Chronicles II for PSP a few weeks back, gotta get back to that sometime.

Doing 100% runs in both super mario world and Donkey Kong Country 2 bit by bit. On that note, fuck Bramble Scramble. Forgot how hard that one was until I spent an hour trying to pass it. Probably would've felt way less cheap if either just the monkeys or just the parrot was the hitbox and not BOTH.

Still pretty early in mario world.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've only been focusing on two games recently:

Tales of Destiny 2 (JPN) - I'm about two-thirds through it so far. The battle system took a bit to get used to, as melee attacks aren't as effective as magic. I pretty much have to use the melee characters as meat shields, while my spell casters break through the enemy's defenses with magic.

Probably the most memorable battle in the game so far has been against Barbatos "No Items Ever" Goetia. I actually forgot about the no items rule, but I still managed to win the first battle with him. However, I doubt I'll be as lucky in the other two fights with him.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - I'm currently level grinding a few recently caught familiars near the city of Hamlin. Like the DS version, the familiar raising system is really addicting. (Although the capture rates seem to be worse in the PS3 version.)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BricatSegaFan View Post
    Meh I like the south Lamar location better. I'm always there and the staff seems much more helpful.
    The north location is in walking distance from me. I won second place by playing as the clown, being super cheap and pressing X and occasionally Y. They told me not to use him in the finals, and I was just happy I got there so I got Zangieff character, was hoping to do the uncomfortable squeeze hold, but didnt get to. I bought a Final Fantasy 7 walkthrough with half my winnings. It was double elimination, out of five guys, a dudes gf wouldnt play for whatever reason. I lost my first match, then beat the 5th guy who had to fight all of us to get into the finals haha, then I won the semi and the finals began, and I lost the clown :S It was so much fun, this game is weird and crappy as hell. The Elvis level will stay with me for better or worse.

Im going to go to the south location for the Super Smash Bros event.
    Last edited by IHatedSega; 02-06-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today:

Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
    Shinobi (GG)
    Streets of Rage 2 (GG)
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kolibri on 32x

Castlevania bloodlines

I picked both of these up recently at a used bookstore and I've been meaning to get these two for a while.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I posted about it in the Beaten in 2013 topic, but I beat Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams for PC not long after my last post. I haven't touched it much since then. I still want to earn 5 stars in all the stages, though. Part of the reason I haven't been playing it is because the game didn't run well on my PC, so I ended up playing through the game on my fiance's laptop, which he's been using a lot lately. Another one of the downsides of PC gaming. It'd be nice to have it on my 360 when it's available, but I doubt I'd be willing to drop even more cash on the game after backing the Kickstarter at $100.

Anyway, I have, however, been trying out a bunch of imports. I tried out a little of Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 6, which I just picked up on a whim even though I don't really play or collect N64 sports games, and I played Densha de Go! 64 enough to beat it. Finally got a decent price on a game + controller combo. I imagine that the game might be a little dull with the standard controller, but the train controller really makes it. I'm still kinda lousy at the game in my opinion, especially at stopping in the stations well, but I've been getting better and better.

I also pulled out my PC-FX again, with the intention of beating a couple games I've been planning to play for a while. Before that, though, I had a whole stack of games I bought before Christmas to test out. I put a little bit of time into Fushigi no Kuni no Angelique, Ah! Megami-sama, Ojousama Sousamou, Voice Paradise, Can Can Bunny Extra DX, Doukyusei 2, Graduation 2: Neo Generation FX, Zoku Hatukoi Monogatari: Shugaku Ryokou, and the Galaxy Fraulein Yuna FX demo. I'm hoping to someday have a full set, so I was just picking up some cheap titles with these, which, for the PC-FX, means pretty text-heavy titles. :P I do have many of the more action-based titles already, but there are a few more that will take some more cash than these titles to acquire. These games seemed cool, though, and with any luck, maybe they'll get fan patches someday.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I finally started up Pia Carrot e Youkoso!! (AKA Welcome to Pia Carrot) on PC-FX after looking forward to playing it for a long time. Many years ago, I read a review on the game (found here: http://www.honestgamers.com/reviews/3681.html), and I found myself really fascinated with the game (granted, that's not just the game's doing, but also because I'm a big fan of the reviewer, as he makes every game he writes about come alive). Back then, I didn't even know if I would ever own a PC-FX or have an opportunity to play Pia Carrot, let alone in English, yet here I am. Thanks to a couple of great guys who happen to be fans of this unfairly maligned system, we have the world's first English fan translation for a PC-FX game, a system that has never seen any of its games in English before. And even though I typically never touch fan translations, instead opting for the real deal when it comes to imports, the fact that I could rip my own official copy of the game, patch the image, burn an English disc, and pop it straight into my system makes all the difference. For a second, you can almost imagine that the PC-FX actually did get released outside of Japan. So, anyway, I've played through the game once now, which only lasts for one month in-game. In real time, it shouldn't take more than a few hours tops. I didn't win over any of the girls this time. I just sort of dabbled around in everything at first, trying out all the different jobs and meeting everybody I could, then about half way through I started focusing more on Shiho, the manager, since it seemed like I was running into her a lot and my stats seemed good for her. I guess it wasn't enough time to make her really like me, though. But the game is intended to be replayed many times, and I'm sure it'll go much faster in subsequent attempts, as I focus more and can somewhat skip past text I've already read.

Insert Coin (Level 0) danawhitaker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My daughter and I are working on New Super Mario Bros. U. We finished the Story mode with 5 stars earlier this week, now we're starting to work on the challenge modes.

Solo, I've been playing Angry Birds Trilogy on my 360. After tonight, I'm 64% of the way through, and have a rank of 2241 overall. It's slower-going because I insist on three-starring everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Airzonk on my Turbografx

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I still haven't been playing much lately. I'm pretty burnt out on Welcome to Pia Carrot for PC-FX. Not that I dislike the game, I've just had my fill for now. I never expected the game to last me so long. I decided to not bother with getting the same scenes with alternate costumes any time soon since that requires too many replays, but I do want to get the couple unique scenes I missed. I'm half way through a file (I think I can get all I'm missing in just one replay), but I'm stumped on how to get one particular scene. I've been asking around, and I'm waiting on this one guy who offered to help to post again before I resume playing that file.

Other than that, I bought Sparkling Feather for PC-FX and gave that a try. I'm a little disappointed that it's not a more traditional strategy RPG like Fire Emblem or Shining Force. I mean, it's nice that it's not completely formulaic, but I can't make sense out of all the menu options. It's either going to take some more trial and error and fumbling through to figure it out, or I can just hope that it'll get an English FAQ or patch someday. Oh well, it's not like I was intending to play it right away anyway.

I also played a match game of Neo Turf Masters with my fiance on our consolized MVS. Got the game for him on his birthday. It's nice to finally have the real deal.