Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily check :)2013 (GAMEPLAY)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Kirby's Dream Land (Nintendo Game Boy, 1992)

Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Nintendo Game Boy)

Kirby's Block Ball (Nintendo Game Boy, 1995)

Kirby's Pinball Land (Nintendo Game Boy, 1993)

Kirby's Star Stacker (Nintendo Game Boy, 1997)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Gameboy

Game & Watch Gallery (Nintendo Game Boy, 1997)

Mega Man II (Nintendo Game Boy, 1992)

Mega Man III (Nintendo Game Boy, 1992)

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

I had to create a new world in Terraria. I realized, after defeating the Wall of Flesh, that I was not careful enough to protect my buildings from the effects of the Hallow and Corruption in Hardmode. So when I made the new world, I transferred as many important items as I could find, then harvested tons of dungeon bricks and built a high-rise apartment building where all the NPCs can live, without worrying about the building getting corrupted.

Which means it's probably going to take me another 30 hours to get back to the point I was at in the previous world, lol.

The sun hurts my HP
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Submissive421

Playing through Space Adventure Cobra on Sega CD. It's a little slower paced then I want but I still enjoy the humor in the game. The story is pretty decent. I just prefer to see the anime that it was based on 1st. It just got licensed for an American release. I'll be sure to pick that up later

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Beastie Bay (iphone) - its a city building sim/pokemon clone.

Nursing limits me to playing games that only require a single hand. Maybe its time to break out the ASCII PSX controller.
    Last edited by Daria; 08-08-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A (long) while ago I picked up two of Capcom's three-game compilations - Onimusha and Devil May Cry. I'm mostly done with Onimusha 2 (first play anyway) and I just started Devil May Cry. Damn you, Phantom, damn you. Weird game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nearing the end of Bioshock Infinite on my XBOX 360 right now. I'm really enjoying the story and the atmosphere but I'm not sure I like the gameplay as much as the original Bioshock. Still having a lot of fun with it though. I'm also playing Pikmin 3, just started a few days ago. I highly recommend it, they made a lot of changes to the mechanics and a lot of different puzzles than the first two games which are really making a huge difference.

I'm also replaying Ocarina of Time and Metroid Prime right now. It's been a while for me.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

My progress in Final Fantasy V via Final Fantasy Anthology on my PlayStation 2 has slowed down a good deal. It's a combination of the dungeons getting a lot bigger and tougher and also the fact that it's starting to feel like it's dragging on some. I have over 40 hours on the clock, but I was ready for it to come to an end by the time I hit 30 (really, I prefer most RPGs to not be longer than 20-30 hours, unless it's something I REALLY love). I still want to see all that the game has to offer, though, so I'm chugging away at the optional stuff. Right now the only required dungeon I have left is the final dungeon, but there's loads of optional things to do. I've acquired 6 of the 12 sealed weapons, and I just cleared Fork Tower so now I have the submarine again and can get to the two other dungeons with lithographs. But I have more beyond that. I still need to get the Mimic job and clear Phoenix Tower too.

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    Nursing limits me to playing games that only require a single hand. Maybe its time to break out the ASCII PSX controller.
    Congrats! Your first child?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Aussie: Thanks! And yeah, Damian's my first, and likely last. Some women blossom with pregnancy, not me. That was nine months of hell. Eh. He was worth it though. (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    My progress in Final Fantasy V via Final Fantasy Anthology on my PlayStation 2 has slowed down a good deal. It's a combination of the dungeons getting a lot bigger and tougher and also the fact that it's starting to feel like it's dragging on some. I have over 40 hours on the clock, but I was ready for it to come to an end by the time I hit 30 (really, I prefer most RPGs to not be longer than 20-30 hours, unless it's something I REALLY love). I still want to see all that the game has to offer, though, so I'm chugging away at the optional stuff. Right now the only required dungeon I have left is the final dungeon, but there's loads of optional things to do. I've acquired 6 of the 12 sealed weapons, and I just cleared Fork Tower so now I have the submarine again and can get to the two other dungeons with lithographs. But I have more beyond that. I still need to get the Mimic job and clear Phoenix Tower too.
    Well, my progress slowed way ahead of yours. I have about 18 hours on the clock and I just got the sealed book at the library of the ancients. Totally bored with this, tired of grinding, just want it to end. I've been skipping battles and just throwing gil at the bosses to progress. I'm grinding gil more than exp at this point, just need cash to bribe, er.. defeat the next boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While on the road today I put some time into Mario Kart 7. I was playing some balloon mode and had no idea what I was doing but it helped pass 20 minutes by. When I got home I played some Halo 4 and Pac-Man World Championship.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Cherry (Level 1) 8-Bit Archeology's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Steampunk360

My main plays right now are, E.V.O. Search for Eden, Ninja Spirit and I just got D&D Eye of the Beholder. More evo right now since its new for me. I just got to the mammal stage the other day. There is a lot of evo collecting that gets a little tiresome but the drive to see what your evolve will look like keeps it going. Beating the queen bee was hell.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hired Guns - Amiga
    Time Pilot - ColecoVision
    Donkey Kong Junior - Arcade
    Frenzy - Arcade and ColecoVision
    TRON - Arcade
    Assassin - Amiga
    Time Pilot '84 - Arcade

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Seems like 50 is the magic number for me with Final Fantasy V via Final Fantasy Anthology. I beat the game with about 50 hours on the clock, my characters were around level 50, and they had learned an average of 50 skills a piece. I wanted to beat the game days ago, but beating the optional bosses Omega and Shinryu was a real bitch. I ended up spending some time grinding both for EXP and ABP. It was easy to level up jobs in the very last area, and when I was done, I had every job mastered with at least one character (most jobs two times over, some even more). I don't get why the max level would be 99, though, because even with the best enemies in the game for EXP, it still takes a stupidly long amount of time to level up once you get around the high 40's. I only grinded a couple levels before I said to hell with that. Like usual for Final Fantasy games, the optional bosses are designed really badly and make for an annoying, unsatisfying experience. Basically, you either take advantage of one or two weaknesses, following the same strategy as virtually every other player, or you get utterly destroyed. Well, you could also grind forever and possibly get by with a different strategy, but that's no fun either. I didn't like the traditional strategies I was reading online, so I went with the less-used status afflictions approach. I used Stop on Omega, by having three bards constantly singing Love Song, and for Shinryu, I used Berserk on him and had a Summoner cast Golem over and over. Anyway, once I had them licked, I had absolutely no problems with Exdeath. Beat him on my very first try, so it was a little anticlimactic. One thing that's kind of a bummer is that I thought I was doing well about finding all the hidden treasures in the game, but after getting to the last save point and then returning to the old psychic man in the underwater cave, I found out I was still at 98%. Oh well.

Overall, I'd say the game is better than any other numbered Final Fantasy I've beaten (1-4 and 7), but I still wasn't particularly impressed. I don't care about story that much in games, even RPGs, but if the story and characters are going to be as paper thin and generic as they are here, then I expect really engaging gameplay to make up for that. While the job system definitely makes the gameplay more interesting than in any other Final Fantasy I've beaten (and the game isn't piss-easy like 7 and the US version of 4), it still doesn't offer quite enough depth and variety for me. I'm still looking for a "whole package" Final Fantasy for me to enjoy. One that has charming characters, a unique identity in terms of story and setting, and gameplay that's interesting and fun. FF7 at least had balance between story and gameplay, but both areas were lacking in my eyes (gameplay was too slow and easy, and the setting and characters weren't appealing to me). But I have high hopes for FF6. From what I've seen of my fiance playing it, the story and characters do strike me as interesting, and I like how each character has his or her own unique gameplay identity. The music also seems quite a bit better in that one. But I need to take a break from Final Fantasy for a while before I consider digging into the next one.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I haven't really started anything up since beating Final Fantasy V, I might just wait until Sweet Fuse comes out since I'm planning on playing through that, but I have been trying out some recent purchases.

On the Western front, I tried out Patapon 2 for PSP. It can be a little tricky finding UMD copies of this game (as opposed to the original release that contained a digital voucher), so I wanted to get it sooner than later. Seems fun, but I've yet to even play through the first Patapon.

I'm still bringing in a lot of new (to me) imports, so I tried out a few more. Even though my SNES cable has yet to be fixed, I got it working long enough to try out Romancing SaGa 2. Seems interesting, but nowhere near as pretty as Romancing SaGa 3. Like with Patapon, I've yet to beat ANY SaGa game (well, besides Final Fantasy Legend), so this will be saved for down the road. Then I fired up my Japanese PlayStation 2 to try out a couple PS1 games: The Vision of Escaflowne and Ganbare Goemon: Kurunarakoi! Ayashigeikka no Kuroikage (man, these Goemon titles). I've heard negative things about both, but as a fan of the Goemon series and the Escaflowne anime, I still wanted them. Escaflowne really wasn't that bad, it's just really thin on gameplay. Between all of the cutscenes, there's nothing but some pathetically basic maze areas (with no challenge and nothing to discover; you just have to work your way to the spot that triggers the next scene) and some very simple, short mecha battles. But I could see myself enjoying this between watching episodes of the show. As for Goemon... I wasn't expecting it to be this awful, haha. Even with the poor reviews, I thought "It's Goemon, how bad can it be?" But, man, first off, it looks terrible. There are polygonal seams EVERYWHERE. And I'm not talking from the perspective of playing modern games and then thinking all PS1 games look terrible. These seams are far beyond what you'd see in the average PS1 game. And the camera is pulled in so close that you can't see crap. But it was even worse when I got to the gameplay. What is this hack 'n' slash nonsense? It's like I'm playing a bad Goemon beat-em-up. The enemies take a million hits, so I was just tediously mashing away on the attack button endlessly. I'm used to Goemon games being either platformers or Zelda-style adventure games (with the occasional odd spin-off like the Japan-exclusive N64 Goemon game). This one is just poo. Although I suppose the fact that it came from Konami's Nagoya studio was a bad sign right from the start. They definitely weren't one of Konami's top tier studios (creating awful games like Castlevania Legends and the US-released Game Boy Goemon).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I picked up Final Fantasy V again. I've come to the conclusion that if it leaves my PS2 unbeaten, it likely will never return from the depths of my backlog. I'm playing through the pyramid part, with about 18 hours on the clock. My characters are level 35. These enemies are annoying.

I throw money at everything.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I pulled out my PC-FX again to try some more newly acquired imports. I popped in Konpeki no Kantai and Angelique: Tenkuu no Requiem. Couldn't really figure out the former, but the Angelique RPG seems like something I could enjoy.

But for my next game to play through all the way, I decided to go with Hammerin' Hero on PSP. It hasn't been in my collection long, but after dropping my collection list into random.org/lists and seeing it come up near the top, I decided it was the perfect game to start up right now. It should be pretty quick, I imagine, which is good because, besides wanting something short after Final Fantasy V, I want my plate clear in time for Sweet Fuse. I also love me a good side-scrolling 3D platformer (or "2.5D" as people used to say back in the day). Late last night, I only played long enough to clear the first stage (playing on the standard difficulty) and read all the stuff in the menus. I really like all the different stuff you read about the characters, enemies, the thank you letters from townspeople, etc. Really expands upon the game and gives it even more charm than it already had to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    I picked up Final Fantasy V again. I've come to the conclusion that if it leaves my PS2 unbeaten, it likely will never return from the depths of my backlog. I'm playing through the pyramid part, with about 18 hours on the clock. My characters are level 35. These enemies are annoying.

I throw money at everything.
    It won't help with the bosses, but if you keep building up that Samurai, you'll eventually learn Fdraw, which is an insta-kill attack with a little bit of charge time but no MP cost that targets all enemies and has a ridiculously good success rate. It's an easy way to blow through random battles and collect EXP, and then you could save the cash for the bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Disney Infinity... >.>

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I just cleared Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army's single player campaign.

Really fun, though it had quite a few "that's bullshit!" bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

PS3
    Dragon's Crown

Most fun "ive had with a beat'em up slash rpg" in a long time.I did finish it on normal finally,either i continue on with hard or start with a new character for a different play-style.