Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily check :)2013 (GAMEPLAY)

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I stayed up late last night and beat Hammerin' Hero on PSP on Artisan difficulty. All the R-Type references are pretty cute, although the choice for the final boss is a little odd. But it's a quirky game all around, so I guess it makes sense in that regard. Then after beating it on the standard difficulty, I beat it on Apprentice (AKA easy) with Kanna to get even more souvenirs. I got 100% of the Kuromoku Personnel Files, but I'm at about 80% of the Thank You Letters and still need around half of the souvenirs. Of course, there's no way I'll be getting 100% of the souvenirs regardless because they stupidly made some require using the ad hoc multiplayer mode. I'm guessing this was in the Japanese version too, which is kind of dumb to begin with, but considering how niche a game like this would be in the US, Atlus REALLY should've changed the souvenirs. I mean, how many people in the US have actually used the multiplayer mode? I highly doubt all that many, as I bet the game itself didn't sell in large quantities. I know I definitely don't have any friends with the game. Anyway, I also have a whole bunch of recipes to discover, and I still need to gather a couple more ingredients.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

I finally started playing Dishonored. I'm enjoying it, though I'm not the stealthiest assassin around. Pretty much anyone I see ends up getting killed. But without knowing too much about the game in advance, I like it as I experience new things. The real test will be how inclined I am to do a second playthrough after beating the game plus all the DLC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aside from playing Halo 4 for the newly released Championship dlc, I just started playing Batman: Arkham Asylum today. I'm only like an hour in it but I'm enjoying it so far. I'm going to beat this game and then follow it up with Arkham City. And I also played Midway Arcade Origins yesterday but mostly for Spy Hunter.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vvgoob47vV
    Steam
    goob47

I just picked up a Sega CD with Cliffhanger, so i've been playing that for a while. And Sonic CD (favorite Sonic of all time as of now). But darn that Cliffhanger. I can't even beat the snowboarding level!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mega Man 5,4,6,and 3. I don't know why that order, but the MM games are always a fun test of reflexes that pay off. I'mm glad they made so many NES MM games, even though they're supposedly redundant after 3, i think 4, 5 and 6 are my favorite. Namely for the charge shots and Centaur Man-the weirdest original MM boss i think..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

P47 thunderbolt (zx speccy)
    Grind Stormer (Megadrive)
    also i am still playing Silent Hill 2 on ps2 for the first time as i never played it back in the day

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I still haven't finished with Hammerin' Hero on PSP. I've gotten all but one of the Thank You Letters, but I know I need Mika for that. And I can't unlock her until I beat the entire game on Master, so I've mostly been working on that. All I have left is the final stage. I've already cleared a few stages on National Treasure too. I've gotten several more souvenirs since my last post, and I also collected one of every ingredient. I'm still only at 60-some percent on recipes, though. Once I unlock Mika, most of the remaining souvenirs will fall into place.

But I've set that aside because my copy of Sweet Fuse: At Your Side showed up yesterday. So I swapped the UMDs and got started on that. I just started Stage 2 in the game. The Day 1 prologue was pretty quick, but Day 2/Stage 1 had quite a lot to read. I think I'll definitely use the "skip read text" option on subsequent playthroughs. I decided on picking Ayumu Shirabe as "mai waifu" for my first time through. :P So far the story has been pretty good, and I'm very pleasantly surprised with the soundtrack. I'm not familiar with the composers and wasn't expecting anything notable in terms of music, but it's really been very enjoyable and catchy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

I finished the main campaign in Dishonored. Now I'm trying The Knife of Dunwall DLC, and then I'll probably go right into The Brigmore Witches DLC.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've been so addicted to Sweet Fuse: At Your Side on PSP since starting it. I'm basically playing every second I possibly can. I had no idea this game would have such an impact on me, but I've gotten so engrossed by the main story and emotionally involved with all the characters that I can't put it down, like when you're immersed in a good book. I've cleared the game with Ayumu Shirabe and Ryusei Mitarashi, and I just started Stage 5 (of 7) with Kouta Meoshi. I know the secret character that appears after clearing the game once fills in all the gaps in the mysteries of the main story, but I'm saving his path for last. I want to see what more I can gather from the other characters first, plus I want to see how each character's story deviates. Really, everything about this game has been fantastic. The story, the characters, the art, the music, the localization, etc. I really couldn't ask for more from a visual novel, otome or otherwise. I picked up the game mainly because it seems like it'll be one of the very last UMD releases in the US, and it sounded interesting enough that I figured I may as well get it now rather than potentially paying an arm and a leg down the road because you guys know how late, niche releases sometimes go (same reason I ordered Class of Heroes 2). And the only reason I chose to play it right away was because I figured I'd review it for one of the publications I write for. I hoped for a silly, reasonably fun game, but I'm really taken aback by how much I'm enjoying it. This has easily already become one of my very favorite PSP games. Now I'm more interested in picking up Hakuoki, another Idea Factory otome visual novel localized by Aksys, but that seems far more like a stereotypical otome game with all the same-y looking bishounen and, supposedly, a milquetoast protagonist. Sweet Fuse really seems to go against the grain as far as otome tropes go. I can see why Aksys chose to localize this one. It's very welcoming to those who aren't otome fans and even guys are enjoying it (which I think is a wonderful thing because if I've been enjoying games that are mostly targeted at guys for decades, there's no reason a guy can't enjoy a quality game that happens to be more so targeted at women).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ms. Pac-Man (2600)
    Pole Position (2600)
    Pole Position II (7800)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

N64 RUSH 2

Dead Island 360

SMB DS

Cherry (Level 1) 8-Bit Archeology's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Steampunk360

I have moved from Harvest Moon for GBA, to Doom II for GBA. I love that game. It's my favorite from the doom series. So far while waiting for my papers at work I have been playing my handhelds a lot more often than I used to. For PSP I reverted back to Untold Legends which is a great overhead view RPG. I finally modded my white AGB-001 GBA with the AGS-101 Backlit screen. So I can play a little more comfortable while waiting. Also I have Been jumping into Kirby's Nightmare In Dreamland.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Still putzing around with Saints Row: The Third. Really only a few more things to do, couldn't take but a few more hours if I really put my back into it. But it's all annoying mini-games and grinding. I'm feeling so meh about the whole thing at this point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Right now Im playing UMVC3 for the last God knows how many hours. Game is so addictive, I can't stop. Once Im through this session, Ill try and finish Silent Hill 2 not impressed really. Its ok but I read that this such a great game maybe I have to get more farther to see more of the plot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm still putting off finishing Final Fantasy V, so right now I'm playing X-Com: UFO Defense (ps1). Still on my veteran difficulty game, with 6/8 X-Com bases and about 30/30 alien bases active. I'm testing the theory that Russia never leaves the project. All other countries have signed deals with the aliens. Since you can have a terrible point score every other month, I'm just doing the minimal amount this 'month' to save on elerium-115. My bases have been repeatedly invaded however, about 4 times so far.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Kingdoms of Amalur is a fairly fun game, but it really goes out of it's way to throw fetch quests at you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

I got back to playing Civ V. I haven't bought the Brave New World expansion yet. I'm waiting for that to drop in price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MLB 12 the show and Silent Hill 2 getting to the end I think. Games alright not great as I read.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I'm playing a stack of Used PSP UMD games,racing games..I want a Great Side Scrolling Shooter but I don't know PSP games well..