Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily check :)2013 (GAMEPLAY)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by M.Buster2184 View Post
    Don't judge me too much. Currently attempting to play Earthbound and Wario Land 2. It's taking me a bit to get into Earthbound.
    Its the little touches to Earthbound that are so good. I like the graphics, and the little humor in it is nice, plus you level grind really fast without fighting weaker enemies. I still havent finished it, I know what the enemy is, so I guess I dont have the drive to know what it is. Still, theres no excuse for me, Ill finish it next week.

Today Im gonna play Indigo Prophecy, Manhunt and Psychonauts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im starting to get back into the nascar pc games. nascar racing 1 2 3 and 99. i was great at the original by papyrus but now in 2013 its hard to adapt to the graphics. i think when i played years ago i was pixel counting at somepoint. only way i see making some of the turns perfect. but still a great series.

Junker Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    yoyotheyoshi
    Steam
    aryoshie

A reproduction cartridge for Tales of Phantasia on the SNES, Maximum Carnage, Air Fortress, Road Rash III and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
    "Nothing can beat the music of hundreds of voices screaming in unison!" ~ Kefka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tried beating Ninja Gaiden I on NES. After a few hours and making it to the final boss, I have given up knowing that I will never defeat the final bosses 2nd or 3rd form. I gave it my best!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've replayed Welcome to Pia Carrot on PC-FX a couple more times since my last post. First I focused on Reika, and even though she's a little tricky because she avoids you for much of the game, I managed to figure out everything on my own and get her ending. The only problem, though, is that I did everything perfectly EXCEPT for the boneheaded mistake of declining to go on the Okinawa trip at the end. I made the idiotic assumption that she wouldn't go, for some reason. That cost me the last two mid-game cutscene pictures, and since I didn't have a backup save, I have to replay the WHOLE game to complete her album. :/ Talk about frustrating. Then I decided to tackle Shiho again, after somewhat focusing on her during my very first playthrough. I did everything fine and got her ending, but it looks like there are alternate versions of her ending picture depending on what uniform you choose. Looks like it'll take three successful attempts at winning Shiho over to complete her album. Pretty tedious. So even after five runs through the game, I still haven't managed to complete a single girl's album. Oh well. At least I can complete the whole game in just one evening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Just finished Pier Solar... what these guys did is simply amazing, my favorite rpg for the genesis. And that eternal slip challenge, I finally did it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm playing the PC version of GTA III. I actually think I prefer this to the PS2 version, if for no other reason than the ability to put your own tunes on as you're driving around. It helps immerse you in the story better, especially if you put on some headphones and tune everything else out.
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retroguy View Post
    I'm playing the PC version of GTA III. I actually think I prefer this to the PS2 version, if for no other reason than the ability to put your own tunes on as you're driving around. It helps immerse you in the story better, especially if you put on some headphones and tune everything else out.
    i think you can do this with the PC version. In the game folder there should be a MP3 folder that you can put MP3s into and listen to them (though this could have been added in VC)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigbacon View Post
    i think you can do this with the PC version.
    You can. I put a bunch of hard rock mp3s in there (The Offspring, Killswitch Engage, Velvet Revolver, etc). Sets the mood nicely in a way the in-game radio stations don't. Very cool!
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    CloudGT4
    Steam
    CloudGT4

Default 2-15-13 Play List.

Well Right now, My Jaguar, total today I have a small list. lol

NES - Bubble Bobble 2

SNES - PTO II

N64 - Resident Evil 2 and Aidyn Chronicals

Jaguar - Iron Soldier

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm been addicted to the Wordament beta on Xbox.com. Yes it has achievements but it's also very time consuming when you really get into it. Unfortunately it can't be played on the 360 by itself, unless you are using IE on your 360. Also been playing some more Halo 4(about to complete season 1 of Spartan Ops) and I'm close to finishing Max Payne 3.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow...I've been kinda lazy and keep forgetting to post!

Over the last few days I've been playing the following:

Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) - I still have fun just messing about. I finally found all the random characters and I'm dating that looney tunes clingy chick Kiki Jenkins.
    Transformers: War For Cybertron (PS3) - I'm getting through the Decepticon episodes. I think it is a good game that was truer to the source material than the live action movies at least!
    Activision Classics (PS1) - I know the emulation is off and Kaboom is useless using the directional pad. I still like the collection for what it is. I managed to find a still sealed Greatest Hits copy for less than $6 plus shipping. It was a nice feeling to open something retro as if it were freshly bought off the shelf!
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive been playing the first wild arms since january at the very end, is alter code f worth picking up? Also playing yakuza 3 which is okay and alot of gotham city imposters(addicted) picking up a saturn this week any key games i should pick up?

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I finished Welcome to Pia Carrot on PC-FX with Yukiko, and it looks like she's another character that requires three playthroughs to complete her album. It's not the ending picture that changes, but the scenes are so late in the game that I doubt I could focus on another girl and still get Yukiko's fondness high enough to trigger the scenes (and without damaging my odds of getting an ending with someone else). I think I've gone after every girl who works at Pia Carrot (even if I failed with Satomi), so now I'll focus on the more "secret" girls before going back to work on what I missed. One thing I'm starting to notice in this game is that it's kind of depressing when you really think about the story. Almost every single girl has some kind of problem going on in her life, and while you can help whatever girl you choose to focus on, all the others are left in a pretty sorry state. Like with the aforementioned scene with Yukiko that has the alternate versions, it's pretty terrible to imagine what happens to her when you don't get involved with her and nobody steps in to help. I don't want to spoil it for anybody who might play through the game (and I highly recommend doing so), but the game definitely has a more interesting, moving story than the average dating sim.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm just a few days shy of the end of Welcome to Pia Carrot on PC-FX with Kiyomi as my focus. I'm missing just one picture with her now, so unless I inexplicably fail to get the ending, this should be the first time that I've gotten every scene of a girl in one go. Granted, it helps that she doesn't work at Pia Carrot, so no alternate uniform nonsense to worry about. It also helps that I load fairly often in order to try out different options. In fact, I could've easily missed some of Kiyomi's pictures if I had gone with my gut. A couple times I picked what I figured were "bad" choices, expecting to load after that, only to discover that they were the best choices to go with. Just goes to show that it pays to be a little daring, rather than always going with the responses that seem the nicest. While focusing on Kiyomi, I also pursued Saori a little bit. I've been slowly discovering more and more about how to go after her with each playthrough since she seems too tricky to try to figure out in one go. I think I finally know enough about how to progress with her that I'll probably focus on her when I'm done with this Kiyomi file. And while I go after her, I should see if I can figure out how to finally meet Yukari.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have been on a Jaguar kick. I just got a rotary controller and SVideo cable from ebay. I got a great deal, $45 shipped for both. Been playing Tempest and Power Drive Rally. Love both of those games. Now Im on a kick to finish my Jaguar collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Manhunt PS2
    Ms.Pacman (arcade)
    The Great American Cross Country Road Race (Atari 8-bit)
    Pacman (Atari 5200)
    Defender (Atari 5200)
    K.C Munchkin (Magnavox 2/ Videopac)
    Ladybug (Intellivision)
    Kid Dracula (GB)
    Amazing Tater / Puzzleboy 2 (GB)

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shining Force II (Genesis)
    Chrono Trigger (DS Port)
    Plok! (SNES)
    DKC2 (SNES)

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I haven't been playing much lately (need to get back to Pia Carrot), but I did try out a few recent acquisitions. First I tried out a pair of Japanese Nintendo 64 mahjong games: Jangou Simulation Mahjong Michi 64 and Mahjong Hourouki Classic. I really want to figure out how to play Japanese mahjong and I know the general goal, but there's something I'm still just not getting. I'll probably have to do more research online. Then I played a little of GB Genjin (AKA the Japanese version of Bonk's Adventure) on my Game Boy Advance SP. Not quite as good as Bonk on TG-16, but still a solid translation of Bonk gameplay to the ol' Game Boy. Should be fun when I sit down to play through the whole game.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Currently going through Lunar : The Silver Star Story on PSone and FFXIII on 360
    Currently attempting to complete my Genesis collection! Always looking for hard to find complete games! Send me a PM
    Please feel free to follow my collecting blog here! http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/