Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily check :)2013 (GAMEPLAY)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Spent yesterday sampling a bunch of Japanese games I got.

Today I played a bunch of Resident Evil 2 on PS1. Weirdly enough, I think it looks better on my plasma via a PSone with S-video than it does on PS3 with component cables and upscaled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been playing Dark Cloud on the PS2 the past two days. Really liking it so far.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Super Mario Bros.....I just love this game...It's a must play atleast once a month.. ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    AceAerosmith71

Dragon Age II, and I like it better than I thought I would. A fun game I got for $5 brand new.
    “The world has, forever and always, been brimming with shit-heads.” - Dana Gould

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just finished Fahrenheit(PS2), and still playing Vexx(PS2). Will probably start playing Heavy Rain(PS3) later today.

Insert Coin (Level 0) brainerdrainer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

got Pokemon Silver for the first time ever so I'm addicted to that now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Currently 33 hours into Shin Megami Tensei: Demon Summoner - Soul Hackers. I'm digging it quite a bit, even if it has some significant interface flaws. Which I plan to talk about in a full write up when I complete it.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Mario World, havent played it before, its charming as hell. Some people on Miiverse are complaining about it and Super Metroid, and a ton of people are making it into a bigger deal than it is. Been playing it for 4 hours and I used a walkthrough video to get past the forest of illusion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The other day me and a friend helped me finish off the last of my Halo 3 achievements. The last two days we have been playing Halo: CE Anniversary for missing achievements we both need. And I have been finally putting in some time with Fruit Ninja Kinect, which isn't as difficult to get achievements for as I initially thought. I also played 1 vs 100 on my DS today.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Ugh, it's been months since I played anything seriously. All I've played was a tiny bit of Welcome to Pia Carrot after ignoring my PC-FX for a month, just to get the last couple unique scenes I missed, and then I packed the PC-FX away for the time being. And for what it's worth, I briefly tried out a few recent acquisitions. I got Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time and Hammerin' Hero for PSP, both of which seemed pretty good, and Dawn of Mana for PlayStation 2. Even though I'm not of the sort who thinks a Mana game needs to be EXACTLY like Secret of Mana (as much as I do indeed love Secret of Mana), I can kind of see why Dawn of Mana gets such criticism from what little I played. It looks and sounds beautiful for the most part (although blech on the character designs), but it's so hack'n'slash-y and meandering. Feels like a lot of button mashing without purpose.

Anyway, it's time to do something about my gaming lull, so I decided to start up Legacy of Ys: Books I & II for DS. I want something fairly action-y and short, so it seemed to fit the bill. And even though I own and have tried out multiple Ys titles, I've never played a single one to completion. In fact, I don't have a ton of experience with Falcom in general, and what experience I have had hasn't been great. Let's hope this "Legacy of" Falcom game treats me better than Legacy of the Wizard, haha. I know this version is kind of pooh-poohed by diehard Ys fans, but it's the only release of the first two Ys games that I own and since my Ys experience is slim, I don't really care about the minutia between the various versions. So far I'm having a good time with it. Just arrived at the town of Zeptik with a bit under 2 hours on the clock. The only complaint I'd have so far is that wandering the plains gets a little dull after a while since it all looks the same, there's not much to find, and a lot of it is just wide open space. So far the game is reminding me a lot of Lagoon, which makes sense since I knew all along that Lagoon is an Ys rip-off. And the specific versions I played are similar in that both switched from a bumping/ramming attack mechanic to traditional sword-slashing (when Lagoon went from X68k to SNES and the original versions of Ys to DS, respectively).

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today I played
    Mortal Kombat 2 on SNES
    Mystical Ninja Starring Goeman
    Guilty Gear PS1
    Megaman 64

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Nothing but a PC and android phone still so:

League of legends
    downloading marvel heroes

Sonic jump on the phone which is fun.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

To no big surprise, I've already beaten the first Ys via Legacy of Ys: Books I & II for DS. Great, brisk little adventure. Just how I like my games. It goes by fast but it's really eventful, so it doesn't feel too short. It also brought back lots of fond memories of playing Lagoon (yes, I actually like that game). I mean, like I said before, I heard that Lagoon is an Ys rip-off years ago, but holy cow are they not joking. The farther I got into Ys, the more I encountered parts that felt almost EXACTLY like parts in Lagoon. It's kind of a shame that I never played Ys before Lagoon and didn't get the proper perspective when playing it. Ys is definitely a much more polished game, though, so it's easily the superior game. But the final portion did feel a little cobbled together, which I suppose makes sense since originally this game and Ys II were meant to be a single game. I actually didn't even realize I was in the final dungeon at first. I also half-expected the final boss to have a second form because the battle was over so quick and then I was just standing there doing nothing. Not much of an ending either, and a lot of mysteries were left unanswered (even if the game made it painfully obvious who the villain would be and who the goddesses are before I even started playing).

Even though I'm typically not inclined to play multiple entries in a series back-to-back (short of replays of old favorites that I can breeze through), I already started up Ys II. It just feels like that's what I'm "supposed" to do, what with how the games are usually packaged together and the aforementioned fact that they were originally intended to be one. The manual doesn't even explain the two games separately. My battery started running low right after I began (I actually got through the entirety of the first game on one charge, probably not even a full charge at that), so I'm literally right at the beginning, saved in front of the house I started in (what's with both games starting with somebody finding you unconscious in the wild and nursing you back to health in a bed in their home?)

Other than my Ys playing, I forgot to mention in my previous post that I played a little 3DS. It's mostly been my fiance's system since getting it, so it was the first time I messed with it for more than a minute or two. I played the first 20-some levels of Crashmo, which was basically all tutorial, and I tried out Fire Emblem: Awakening for a bit.

I also briefly tried out Gungnir on PSP, which I recently bought. I still find Sting games pretty overwhelming. The user interface is so cluttered with text and such that I hardly know where to look. Seemed fairly traditional as far as strategy RPGs go in spite of that, though, and it seems like something I could have fun with after getting used to its presentation.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Drumfreak8

Been playing a ton of Mario Party and Super Smash Bros. on N64 with my brother now that he's home from college for the summer

Also beating Super Mario World for the 10th-15th time was fun this week haha

Oh, and I have been trying out a lot of different methods/plugins/emulators/roms/comressors to get N64 games working on my CFW PSP! So because of that I have been playing F-Zero on the go now that I got it to work.

Tonight I'm gonna play some Super Mario RPG and have some friends over and maybe play some Mario Kart then go see a movie... haha I got my whole night planned out
    I am known as Theretrogamer12345 on Youtube and Sega-16. I am known as Gunstar Hero on Digital Press. My eBay account is Theretrogamer

[YouTube Link] [eBay Link] [Digital Press Link] [Sega-16 Link]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mostly COD: Black Ops II. I haven't finished the campaign yet, as I've been playing a mixture of that, multiplayer and zombies. It's definitely one of the best $20 I've spent at the recent yard sales.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Snes

smash tv

tecmo super bowl iii

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Katekis (Denaris) C64
    Ghouls`n Ghosts C64
    Impossible Mission Atari 7800

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finished Heavy Rain, still working on Vexx, and also started on Final Fantasy XII!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kingdom Hearts!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really want to beat the COD: Black Ops II campaign but the multiplayer has gotten me addicted.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P