Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily check :)2013 (GAMEPLAY)

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm up to around 13 or 14 hours in Final Fantasy V via Final Fantasy Anthology on my PlayStation 2. I'm in the middle of the ruins past the Sand Tides (which was a pretty irritating area). I'm finally getting pretty close to maxing out my Knight, Monk, and Thief jobs, so I'm looking forward to trying out some new jobs on those characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ack, you are getting ahead of me Aussie2B.. I've jumped around so much with the jobs that I've probably gimped myself a bit and will likely have to stop to grind. I still have Bartz as a Knight, as he has been all along. However Galuf has gone from Monk, to Berserker, to Ninja, to thief, back to Ninja, back to Monk. I made Reina the typical RPG trope of wispy magic user starting with White Mage, then to Summoner, and now she is a Red Mage. Faris started as a Black Mage, then to Time Mage, then back to Black Mage. I really haven't studied the job system so I'm just gonna keep hoppin around until the game smacks me around for it. I'd like to mess around with Hunter, Geomancer and the monster trainer classes too..

-Though I generally love the music, the world map theme drives me nuts
    -Battles every two steps
    -NPCs always get in the damn way

I'm gettin' better all the time...

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    How did you like Virtual Prowrestling 2? I have the first one but haven't gotten around to play it yet. But because it's by the same company it probably plays like the WCW/WWF/WWE games by Yukes and THQ.

I played alittle bit of Mario Pinball Land on GBA to test out a recent find. It was actually pretty fun. Also been playing Pac-Man Championship edition and COD: Black Ops 2 on 360.

Honestly:
    I didn't play it much..
    I was test playing the two import N64 games I bought as I had a local buyer who wanted them..
    Turns out he bought some other stuff from me and ran out of money ..: )

I listed them on ebay..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Still playing Final Fantasy V (Anthology ver.)

Got to the Ronka Ruins, did some grinding for an hour or so. Geomancer worked great here, to avoid pits, and the wind attack killed entire enemy parties in one hit! Got to the boss and was summarily annihilated. Guess I'll be grinding against these hypnotoads for the next couple hours... luckily I brought enough supplies to grind almost indefinitely.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

I'm currently playing a modern game, Far Cry 3. Anyone who hasn't played any of the Far Cry series is really missing out and the third installment is by far the best one yet.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Persona 4 The only thing I dont like is missing all the clubs or sports meetings or my after school jobs :/ But the characters dont bring it up unless you tell them youre not going to it today. I love messing around with the triple fusion of Personas.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    Still playing Final Fantasy V (Anthology ver.)

Got to the Ronka Ruins, did some grinding for an hour or so. Geomancer worked great here, to avoid pits, and the wind attack killed entire enemy parties in one hit! Got to the boss and was summarily annihilated. Guess I'll be grinding against these hypnotoads for the next couple hours... luckily I brought enough supplies to grind almost indefinitely.
    Sounds like we're pretty much at the exact same point in the game. I just finished with the Ronka Ruins and saved. The boss was pretty easy for me, but only because I already did some grinding before that. I was having some trouble with the center cannon on the outside of Ronka, so I leveled up a couple times on those Mini-dragons where Ramuh used to be. Then I did some more grinding to get a character up to a level that's a multiple of 4 in order to get all the Blue Magic that could be learned in Ronka.

I wouldn't worry about how you're leveling up the jobs. I've been checking some FAQs to go over what I've already done and see if there's anything I missed, and many actually recommend using all the jobs with everybody and keeping the levels pretty balanced. If anything, maybe I have the gimped party. I've mastered Knight, Monk, and Thief on Bartz, Galuf, and Faris respectively, though, so now I've made Bartz a Berserker, Galuf a Hunter, and Faris a Ninja. I'm not that impressed with the Hunter job so far, but I'm surprised at how good Berserker is. I figured it was more of a gag job, since you can't control your character, but Bartz is just destroying everything with the 2-Handed ability I got from the Knight job and some good hammer that I think I stole at some point. I was also worried that being in "berserk" mode would be like being confused, but no problem there since they only attack the enemies. Faris is a great Ninja too. I've got two Moonrings on her for back row attacking, and I've been using all those LightningSkills I picked up while sailing around in the Fire Ship.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dissidia 012 Duodecim -- Finishing 013 Story mode, which is really just the original Dissidia's content again, with some tweaks.

Final Fantasy V -- Near the moogle forest, just doing some leveling. Faris is now a chemist for no reason, and Reina, a knight. I just want her to do actual damage for awhile without resorting to magic. Switched Bartz to a samurai before fighting the 'Battle on the Big Bridge'. The TOSS$ attack killed that boss in two hits. It was great to hear the 'Battle on the Big Bridge' theme in the actual game it hails from, after listening to it during numerous battles in Dissidia and Dissidia Duodecim.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

My dad got me a copy of Frozen Synapse from Steam. In return I paid for his copy of the DLC for it. I tried a little bit of it today. Man that game is hard. Lots of micro-managing in there, and one mistake almost surely means a failed mission. I haven't even completed Mission 1 yet; I'm in the third part of it.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceHarrier View Post
    Dissidia 012 Duodecim -- Finishing 013 Story mode, which is really just the original Dissidia's content again, with some tweaks.

Final Fantasy V -- Near the moogle forest, just doing some leveling. Faris is now a chemist for no reason, and Reina, a knight. I just want her to do actual damage for awhile without resorting to magic. Switched Bartz to a samurai before fighting the 'Battle on the Big Bridge'. The TOSS$ attack killed that boss in two hits. It was great to hear the 'Battle on the Big Bridge' theme in the actual game it hails from, after listening to it during numerous battles in Dissidia and Dissidia Duodecim.
    Hah, I had the same kind of experience with that song. I had been anticipating it for a while, wondering if it was literally played during a battle on a bridge or if it was just some random made-up title. It's the only song from the game I had much familiarity with prior to playing since I've heard arrangements on The Black Mages album and elsewhere.

Anyway, I'm only slightly past the Moogle Forest. Just got Dragon Grass for the second time. Kind of a lame dungeon since it felt like a total rehash. I mastered my first job with Reina (Blue Mage), but the rest are still plugging away at the same jobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just prestiged in Black Ops II for the first time...and I hate it. I don't mind starting back over at level 1 but I hate having to unlock everything again, from weapons to perks. Luckily it's a double XP weekend so I've ranking up faster. I think the next time I hit level 55 I will stay there instead of going for prestige level 2.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    nmykita

Don't judge me, but I just played (and beat) Totally Spies! 1 and 2, each for GBA. Each game took about 2 hours.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I decided to play Castlevania (NES). I don't think that I've ever beaten it legitimately (without the assistance of save states), so I decided to give it another try. I have fond memories of renting it as a kid, must have been back in about 1991, and I remember having to go to the mall with my mother and sitting in the middle concourse reading and re-reading the instructions for what seemed an eternity. The place we used to rent from no longer rents games of any kind, but I remember the experience of walking into the shop and having to go to the back were they had game and VHS rentals. Instead of putting the games behind boxes (like many rental stores did), they had small cards with the cover of the game on the front (I don't remember if they had backs or not), and you would take the card to the counter and they would find the game from bookshelves located behind the counter. Essentially you had to blindly pick a game based solely on the cover if you hadn't played it before. All the NES games came in those plastic clamshells with photocopied instructions. Anyway, this particular day I chose Castlevania, because the cover is AWESOME (even to this day). I don't think I ever passed the second level where you had to time the jumps with the flying Medusa heads. I made it a bit further tonight, didn't lose a live until Stage 10 (the level immediately following the Mummies) , where I quickly mistimed several jumps, fell in the water, and repeated until I lost all four of my lives. I just looked at the clock and it's getting too late for another attempt tonight, I'll give it another try tomorrow. I would like to finally beat a few games out of my NES backlog.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I'm midway through Moore Forest in Final Fantasy V via Final Fantasy Anthology on my PlayStation 2, and, man, this area really annoys me. The way that the layering is done is really disorienting, and maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems like the encounter rate is ridiculously high in there. I'll be glad when I'm all done with this area. But at least the battles give a decent number of ability points. I've mastered a few more jobs since my last post. Bartz mastered Berserker and then I mastered Geomancer surprisingly fast with him too. Now I have him as a Samurai, but I'm not that impressed so far because the coin toss wastes way too much gold. Galuf finished with Hunter as well, so now I have him as a Lancer. Faris is getting fairly close to finishing with her Ninja job, but Reina is probably going to stay a Red Mage for a long time (takes a whopping 999 ABP for the last level).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Started playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations yesterday. It's good so far, but I'm getting a bit bored with basically starting from scratch all the time. Especially when it's the same character I'm playing. Oh, well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    I'm midway through Moore Forest in Final Fantasy V via Final Fantasy Anthology on my PlayStation 2, and, man, this area really annoys me. The way that the layering is done is really disorienting, and maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems like the encounter rate is ridiculously high in there. I'll be glad when I'm all done with this area. But at least the battles give a decent number of ability points. I've mastered a few more jobs since my last post. Bartz mastered Berserker and then I mastered Geomancer surprisingly fast with him too. Now I have him as a Samurai, but I'm not that impressed so far because the coin toss wastes way too much gold. Galuf finished with Hunter as well, so now I have him as a Lancer. Faris is getting fairly close to finishing with her Ninja job, but Reina is probably going to stay a Red Mage for a long time (takes a whopping 999 ABP for the last level).

I'm definitely behind you now, Aussie.. I'm saved right before the Dragon Grass boss. I actually like the Samurai for Bartz, I've killed all the bosses in one to two hits with $TOSS. I'm cheap like that, plus there doesn't seem to be a heck of a lot to buy in this game. Armor, weapons, and magic only seem to be new every 3 towns or so.

I've played further than this, but have a strange habit while playing RPGs; I tend to play through most scenarios twice as I go. So, I play a bit, don't save, play it again and save, then play some more and don't save. Obviously I don't waste time grinding for the trial runs..

I'm glad we get to ride the dragon again, because that is one of my favorite music tracks in the game! Reminds me of the Landmaster theme from Phantasy Star IV.. another one I like a lot. Anywho, I'll try to catch up to you shortly.

I've noticed the issues you mentioned regarding layers and confusing pathways, as well as increased encounter rates, but I find VI to be somewhat more annoying when it comes to unclear paths. Actually, FF as a series seems to have a problem with this. VII actually added an option to turn on arrows which point out where the doorways are.

Insert Coin (Level 0) CatTehBus's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finished Snatcher yesterday, amazing amazing game