Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Most of that I'd keep to play. Other than Final Fantasy XI, maybe the Resident Evil games since that's not quite my thing.
    Lum fan.

Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    The PS2 Final Fantasy stuff is cheap, probably $20-30 total, the XBox 360 FFXI is about $10-15 The PS1 Final Fantasy set is about $120
    Those Zeldas are probably about $100 The Xenosaga set is about $50
    That's not bad. Best score I ever got (as of now)

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Most of that I'd keep to play. Other than Final Fantasy XI, maybe the Resident Evil games since that's not quite my thing.
    FF 11 I won't play mainly because I hate MMOs. I'm not a Resident Evil fan but I couldn't leave them behind. I ended up leaving 4 Metal Gear Solid games (1,2,3 and Twin Snake) behind. I'm thinking I should go back and grab them.
    Last edited by geezuzkhrist119; 01-05-2013 at 09:20 AM.
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Common Game for $4 off of amazon just came in the mail. Not a deal, but it's one of the few titles I owned as a kid that ISN'T ridiculously overpriced now and you can't really get SNES commons around here for less than $4 in the first place. At the very least, I haven't spotted any in the wild yet and the cart's in real good condition.
    Last edited by recorderdude; 01-05-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just started actively buying for my collection. I don't think I did to bad for myself with this round. Funny thing is the thrift store I went to for most of this is down the street and still has some gold to mine. They have a bad habit of markering the price on everything but I got all of it off and everything looks like new now.

Consoles
    Sega Saturn boxed $15.00

Snes
    Ogre Battle Boxed Mint Cart $2.00
    Eye of the Beholder Boxed Mint Cart $2.00

N64
    Aidyn Chronicles Boxed Mint Cart $2.00
    Zelda Ocarina of Time $2.00
    NHL 99 $1.00
    Nascar 2000 $1.00
    Midway's Greatest Arcade HITS $2.00

PSX
    King's Field Long Box $2.00
    Saiyuki Journey West Boxed $3.00
    Dragon Valor Boxed $3.00
    Legend of Legaia Boxed $3.00
    Final Fantasy IX Boxed $3.00
    Brigaine The Lefend of Forsena $3.00
    The Legend of Dragoon $3.00

Genesis
    Bill Walsh College Footbal $1.00

PC
    Time Riders in America Boxed $2.00
    Silent Service II Boxed $2.00
    Treasure Mountain Boxed $3.00
    Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago Delux Boxed $2.00
    Sonic & Knuckles Collection $1.00
    Pajama Sam in "No Need to Hide When it's Dark Outside $2.00

I also picked up
    F-Zero X, Virtua Racing(Gen) and Soul Calibur(DC) at a local retail shop.
    Edit: I found some laser discs of star trek 3,4,5, Star Trek Generations, and Robocop. Those are totally going up on the wall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130102_221336.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	6085
    Last edited by DK1105; 01-05-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Quote Originally Posted by orangest View Post
    Flea market finds...

Xbox Guy Game and PS2 Ghost in the Shell were $4 each. PS1 Spider and Reloaded were $2 each. Star Ocean Second Story was $3; unfortunately the discs have Hollywood Video stickers on them. BTW, is this 2 CD slimcase version an official release, or is Hollywood Video's doing?
    If memory serves correctly, Star Ocean: the Second Story should have come in a double jewel case for the two game CDs.

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geezuzkhrist119 View Post
    FF 11 I won't play mainly because I hate MMOs. I'm not a Resident Evil fan but I couldn't leave them behind. I ended up leaving 4 Metal Gear Solid games (1,2,3 and Twin Snake) behind. I'm thinking I should go back and grab them.
    Twin Snakes for Gamecube is worth about $30 on it's own. The PS2 Metal Gear Solid games aren't really worth much, not if they're the original versions.

That's an amazing bundle you found as it is, so much good stuff. Just when I thought it was over another picture showed up under it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mario Kart: Double Dash(GC) $4
    PK: Out Of The Shadows(GC) with Ocarina of Time disc also inside $4
    Pikmin(GC) $4
    Star Wars: Kinect(Kinect) $20
    Disgaea Custom Soundtrack $3
    Mana Khemia original Soundtrack $3

With the exception of Star Wars I picked everything else up at various Goodwills. The Ocarina of Time disc was sitting underneath the PK disc and in perfect condition. I'm left to wonder where the original case ended up. I had to search long and hard thru the piles of cds before I found the two game soundtracks. A few weeks ago I also found a sealed Silent Hill soundtrack at the same location. I'm almost surprised the Star Wars Kinect game has taken this long to drop in price. It's not like it's been selling like crazy.

Goldberg book $2.50
    Inuyasha(PS1) $3
    Mario Teaches Typing 2(PC) $3
    Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves soundtrack $3
    HP Ink $2
    Youshape: Fitness Evolved 2012(Kinect) $10
    The Avengers: Battle For Earth(Kinect)$10
    Super Monkey Ball: Deluxe(Xbox) sealed $4

All of this stuff was also from two different Goodwills today. Although I'm kind of done reading wrestler biographies I can make an exception for Goldberg because he's awesome. The Inuyasha and Mario games were mixed in with the music cd's. This is the second copy of Mario's Typing 2 I've found in a year although this one atleast has it's manual. The two 360 Kinect games were Target returns, which are starting to get almost as good as Target clearance games in the actual store. I passed on a few others such as Just Dance 4 since they wanted $20 for it. Yourshape is opened but the disc is immaculate. Avengers isn't opened but theres a crack on the outside of the case. Super Moneky Balls was factory sealed and once again continues the trend I have seen at atleast 4 different Goodwills over the past three months, several random factory sealed Xbox and PS2 games. I wonder where they are getting them from and how they are deciding which stores to send them to.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 01-05-2013 at 10:40 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0) philinchio's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DK1105 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130102_221336.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	6085
    You lucky son of a gun...nice score.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by philinchio View Post
    You lucky son of a gun...nice score.
    Oh don't worry I will be heading back to that store rather soon. They still have some good stuff. Who ever sold there games to this store had good tastes. ^_^

Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Twin Snakes for Gamecube is worth about $30 on it's own. The PS2 Metal Gear Solid games aren't really worth much, not if they're the original versions.

That's an amazing bundle you found as it is, so much good stuff. Just when I thought it was over another picture showed up under it.
    The other 3 metal gears were black label. My buddy had Chrono Cross (gh) but it was missing a disc. That made me sad.
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

Insert Coin (Level 0) Shaq-Funaki's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please check out my newest pick up video!

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Got out to a couple thrifts yesterday for the first time in a long time. I was mostly after a cable modem since I'm finally going to start coughing up the dough for decent internet (I hope). And I found the one I'd have ordered online if I didn't find one at all, saved maybe $5. Seems to work fine, but if not it was GW so I can still return it.

Don't know much about the PC Dune game, but I'm a sucker for all things Dune, so had to pick it up for $3.99.
    SNES games were 2.99 each, left behind some common stuff, but was shocked to see any SNES at all, it has been so long. Deus Ex was $6.99, not sure what I'll do with it: I have the game on Steam but am not sure where it will look/play better since my PC is a bit aged (Pentium D 3ghz, 3GB ram, nvidia GT 430... any thoughts?). And NSMB U was 29.99, disc looks perfect, it was a Target "DEF/SALV". Maybe a return? Oh, and the club nintendo code was unused! Now, should I keep it for someday when I get a Wii U, or just sell it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geezuzkhrist119 View Post
    The other 3 metal gears were black label. My buddy had Chrono Cross (gh) but it was missing a disc. That made me sad.
    There's multiple versions of Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

The later versions are worth more than the earlier ones, they fixed problems from the original versions and included more bonus stuff. Still Substance and Subsistence are only worth around $5-$10 each complete, compared to $1-$3 each which are what Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater are worth. The original Metal Gear Solid is worth around $10, Twin Snakes is the most valuable game that you mentioned him having.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post

And NSMB U was 29.99, disc looks perfect, it was a Target "DEF/SALV". Maybe a return?
    Definitely a Target return. You can look a few post above and see the Target returns I picked up. Goodwill gets them atleast twice a week and just like the Amazon warehouse deals you often rave about you often find really good stuff in either barely used or brand new condition at a fraction of the cost. As for what you should do with it, I would sell it. By the time you get a Wii U that game well be a players choice/Wii U selects title that will be going for $20-$30 brand new. And since the Wii U is still relatively new this is most likely the best time to maximize your return on all launch games.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    you often rave about you often find really good stuff in either barely used or brand new condition at a fraction of the cost.
    Well, I find the fraction usually has a bigger number in the numerator when I find target stuff at GW. I guess that's for Target clearance stuff more often than the returns/salvage stuff, but still, it is really irritating to find stuff at GW with an old Target clearance sticker for a few bucks less than the GW price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That annoys me too, specifically because A.) I already know what the Target clearance price was from shopping over there and B.) like you said they write a higher price than the last clearance price. They have a huge pile of DJ Hero 2 in their game case, all Target clearances that nobody wants for the $15-$20 each store wants for them. And they do this often. Like I said in the "problems with Goodwill" thread, my Goodwill's will keep those clearance games in the cases for months and if no one buys them in 4-6 months they will throw them out instead of marking them down. All the more reason why I enjoy finding stuff like my above post where they price things reasonably.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Don't know much about the PC Dune game, but I'm a sucker for all things Dune, so had to pick it up for $3.99.
    The spice must flow, etcetera etcetera.

That's the same game as the one on the Sega CD - an adventure game with some strategy. Not a bad price for it since you're keeping it, especially if it's complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    There's multiple versions of Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence

The later versions are worth more than the earlier ones, they fixed problems from the original versions and included more bonus stuff. Still Substance and Subsistence are only worth around $5-$10 each complete, compared to $1-$3 each which are what Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater are worth. The original Metal Gear Solid is worth around $10, Twin Snakes is the most valuable game that you mentioned him having.
    Okay, when the hell did Subsistence's price crash so hard? That's still the only way you can play the original MSX Metal Gear games, isn't it? I thought that would keep the price a bit higher. (The PS2 trilogy set didn't include the second disc, probably because Konami didn't want to bother with removing Metal Gear Online.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

SATURDAY Flea Market
    Scale $20.00..works,I need this for eBay Packages..
    sticker came off glued it back on.

DS with plug $5.00
    Foot Pump $3.00
    Headset $10.00

(store bought)
    Dirt bike Stand... $30.00(store bought)
    Threadlock blue $3.00

I didn’t find much other then over priced games that my friends also picked up..

The most unique item I did find was a stack of Philips CD-I games ..I passed them up as the vendor is sleazy..
    http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2x-Philips-CD-i-Games-Pin-Ball-Palm-Springs-U-S-Open-/00/s/MTE1NVgxNjAw/$(KGrHqV,!hkFBLYZPf5MBQTs54VFKw~~60_57.JPG

Polished games for resale..tested already

.Borderlands 2...,I bought it used for $20.00

$5.00 Box of Misc

$5.00 a bag..NES Sleeves

$10.00 box of misc crap..

$5.00 Saturn

Gift for my wife

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Local goodwill was pretty dry on retro today. Nothing before PS2-era popped up. Then I saw this...

Had no idea what this game was, but common sense tells me that any RPG is going to be worth something.

Took a shot in the dark that paid off. Apparently people LOVED this one, got a 9/10 from IGN and goes for around $16-20 used complete in box.
    Last edited by recorderdude; 01-07-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Okay, when the hell did Subsistence's price crash so hard? That's still the only way you can play the original MSX Metal Gear games, isn't it? I thought that would keep the price a bit higher. (The PS2 trilogy set didn't include the second disc, probably because Konami didn't want to bother with removing Metal Gear Online.)
    There's the HD collection that came out recently, it apparently includes the original MSX Metal Gear games too. I'm still trying to find a copy of the PS2 version for cheap since I don't have any current console, so far I've just seen original versions of the game which I didn't bother buying. At least I managed to find a copy of Substance for a decent price so that's out of the way.

The limited edition version of Subsistence is still worth a decent amount, at least $30 though plenty of copies sell for more than double this amount.