Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2013 Finds

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first finds of 2013!

Modded Playstation 2 System for $35.00 (Used) - I spotted this deal on my local Craigslist site this morning. When I phoned the seller, I discovered he lived only 10 minutes from my place! The PS2 came with three controllers, a memory card, and a couple of games. The games are all stuff I have no interest in playing, so they'll be sold/traded off eventually.

The Secret of Arrietty Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack for 12.99 (Used) - One of my local video rental stores was having a going out of business sale. However, their so called "blow out" prices were so high that this was the only thing worth getting.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Finally received Fantastic 4 (PC) in the mail from Goozex.

... I got it brand new in box! ... sent in a padded mailer. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT? He paid Priority shipping and he couldn't be bothered to grab a small box? Ugh.

I also got Borderlands 2 as a gift from someone at VGCollect. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

My purchased of the month

(Photobucket link screwup so I have to delete them)
    Last edited by ScourDX; 01-29-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    The spice must flow, etcetera etcetera.

That's the same game as the one on the Sega CD - an adventure game with some strategy. Not a bad price for it since you're keeping it, especially if it's complete.

Okay, when the hell did Subsistence's price crash so hard? That's still the only way you can play the original MSX Metal Gear games, isn't it? I thought that would keep the price a bit higher. (The PS2 trilogy set didn't include the second disc, probably because Konami didn't want to bother with removing Metal Gear Online.)

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection also includes the MSX games
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I got Borderlands 2 (PC) as a gift last night. Uh, yeah. o_O

I also got Duke Nukem Forever: The Doctor Who Cloned Me for $1.50, which beats the hell out of the $5 they wanted during the Steam sale.

Today, I picked this up:

This is a three track single containing Richie Havens' songs from the Tex Murphy: Overseer soundtrack. I searched for it on the internet and not one site had any info on it... so it might be extremely rare. And it cost me a buck.

And from the 4th:

Beastie Boys / Licensed to Ill
    Beastie Boys / Ill Communication
    Potawatomi Songs / Big Soldier Creek
    Norman Greenbaum / Spirit In The Sky - The Best of Norman Greenbaum

And today:

UHF
    Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (Unrated, new, promo)
    Kilauea / Midnight on the Boulevard
    Various Artists / Coneheads OST
    Duke Ellington / Solos, Duets and Trios
    Duke Ellington / The Centennial Collection (CD+DVD, sealed)
    London Symphony Orchestra / Classical Cartoons (sealed)
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 01-09-2013 at 03:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

After many years looking for proof, I finally found it!

Many know that I've kept saying that we (my brother and I) had a CIB copy of Condor Attack for the 2600. It was purchased for $2 circa '92 or so from a local flea market. Around five where purchased and given away as trades, sans for one (definitely one) or two (still debating this). It was an epic find at the time...specially today, when it's considered one of the rarest games to find CIB. What really drove me to find it ASAP was because of DreamTR: he was once offering $1,300 for a CIB copy because he needed it to complete his collection. I thought that was excessive, at least at the time.

After that, I started telling the story and of course no one believed me (with the exception of "tom" from DP (I've known him for around 20 years) and a few others). In fact, a few pals also managed to find copies, though loose, through other individuals or trades, as in the case of neojapan (owns a great, local retro store in Bayamon and I know him personally). But still, I felt no one believed me, so I was hellbent more than ever to find a copy. I was worried though, since it was packaged away and, as many know, insects love to dig and destroy old stuff, specially those that were not conserved properly.

Since I'm cleaning the entire house and organizing things (placing items in my sisters room), I stumbled across a box that my brother used many years ago (2002) to pack away during the move this this existing house. It said "Atari". I opened it, and after searching a bit...it was right there...CONDOR ATTACK!

After such a long time searching, it's finally in my hands again! It's a bit dirty and I have to air it out a bit, but considering how it was packed, it's in the same condition as when it was purchased!

I know this really isn't a January find, but it made my day. I finally have proof that we own a CIB copy and it still has the $2 sticker on it!

Fucking sweet!
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Two third party PS1/PS2 controller cable extenders.
    Shadowgate (NES) - cart only.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    I got some of these as part of my Christmas present from my roommates. I had a rather Pac-Man-esque Christmas overall. I got the bandages and a Pac-Man shirt from them, the same Pac-Man shirt and a candy container shaped like an arcade cabinet from my aunt, and a Pac-Man cup from my cousin.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

I went light this time.

$2 Soul Nomad & the World Eaters PS2 (with box/manual)
    $10 Eternal Sonata PS3 (with box/manual)
    $10 Bleach PS3 (with box/manual)
    $4 Brave Fencer Musashi PS1 (cracked case, no manual)
    $4 Hulk Hogan's Unreleased Collector's Series DVD (new sealed)
    Lum fan.

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm back with the 153 NES game lot! The guy left out a few games from his list in the CL ad one of them being DT2!

This is most of the notable stuff out of the lot that I know of, I'll have to check over a good bit of this stuff as some of it I've never heard of.

My Ebay Feedback My DP Feedback
    VVV Work in Progress VVV

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

holy shit man, high price of entry but what a steal!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

I can't say I found anything that amazing, but here's what I found for the week, most of it is bundle fodder.

KOTOR II - CIB - $3.99
    Shawdow Run - Missing Manual - $2.99
    Golden Axe II - CIB - $1.99
    Golden Axe - CIB - $2.99
    Sonic Spinball - CIB - $1.99
    After Burner II - Missing Manual - $2.99
    Paperboy - CIB - $2.99

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    After many years looking for proof, I finally found it!

Many know that I've kept saying that we (my brother and I) had a CIB copy of Condor Attack for the 2600. It was purchased for $2 circa '92 or so from a local flea market. Around five where purchased and given away as trades, sans for one (definitely one) or two (still debating this). It was an epic find at the time...specially today, when it's considered one of the rarest games to find CIB. What really drove me to find it ASAP was because of DreamTR: he was once offering $1,300 for a CIB copy because he needed it to complete his collection. I thought that was excessive, at least at the time.

After that, I started telling the story and of course no one believed me (with the exception of "tom" from DP (I've known him for around 20 years) and a few others). In fact, a few pals also managed to find copies, though loose, through other individuals or trades, as in the case of neojapan (owns a great, local retro store in Bayamon and I know him personally). But still, I felt no one believed me, so I was hellbent more than ever to find a copy. I was worried though, since it was packaged away and, as many know, insects love to dig and destroy old stuff, specially those that were not conserved properly.

Since I'm cleaning the entire house and organizing things (placing items in my sisters room), I stumbled across a box that my brother used many years ago (2002) to pack away during the move this this existing house. It said "Atari". I opened it, and after searching a bit...it was right there...CONDOR ATTACK!

After such a long time searching, it's finally in my hands again! It's a bit dirty and I have to air it out a bit, but considering how it was packed, it's in the same condition as when it was purchased!

I know this really isn't a January find, but it made my day. I finally have proof that we own a CIB copy and it still has the $2 sticker on it!

Fucking sweet!
    I just shit in my pants a little bit.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I found these games just sitting in a box put away.I’m not sure why I had them buried,probably a flea market pick up from last year,Not even sure if they are worth much..
    ..the open case Morrowind is just an empty case ..

I also found about 20 old Sealed XBOX Games ,I put away once,Half Life 2....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gundam model sealed $6
    Halo: The Flood novel 50 cents
    Mech Assault(Xbox) $3
    Super Monkey Ball 2(GC) $4
    Gran Turismo 3(PS2) sealed $4
    Final Fantasy X-2(PS2) $4

I found all of this stuff at Goodwill. There was also an old Japanese Gundam poster for sale but I couldn't find any other merchandise so if there was more Gundam related stuff it was either already sold or haven't been put out yet. Gran Turismo 3 is sealed and that continues the trend of me finding factoy sealed PS2 and Xbox games(not just sports titles) scattered thru out various Goodwill locations. Hopefully next time I find something sealed thats worth decent money. The Mech Assault game looks like a demo but it's actually the full version.

Bettie Page book $5
    Halo: The Cole Protocol novel $1.50
    Angel dvd $1
    Man of The House dvd $1
    Castlevania: Double Pack(GBA) $4

The Halo book was from yet another new Goodwill location. Just like the last one I found this one was well off the beaten path. I look forward to making many good finds there in the future. Everything else was from the flea market today. I picked up the Bettie Page book because I use to collect her memorabilia. The Castlevania cart will go with my extra manual for that game. Overall finds have been slowing down in this area, atleast significant ones. I hope I'm not about to enter another dry period.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 01-12-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Embalming Your Nipples View Post
    I just shit in my pants a little bit.
    Second that. Wow!

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post

Gundam model sealed $6
    Halo: The Flood novel 50 cents
    Mech Assault(Xbox) $3
    Super Monkey Ball 2(GC) $4
    Gran Turismo 3(PS2) sealed $4
    Final Fantasy X-2(PS2) $4

I found all of this stuff at Goodwill. There was also an old Japanese Gundam poster for sale but I couldn't find any other merchandise so if there was more Gundam related stuff it was either already sold or haven't been put out yet. Gran Turismo 3 is sealed and that continues the trend of me finding factoy sealed PS2 and Xbox games(not just sports titles) scattered thru out various Goodwill locations. Hopefully next time I find something sealed thats worth decent money. The Mech Assault game looks like a demo but it's actually the full version.

Bettie Page book $5
    Halo: The Cole Protocol novel $1.50
    Angel dvd $1
    Man of The House dvd $1
    Castlevania: Double Pack(GBA) $4

The Halo book was from yet another new Goodwill location. Just like the last one I found this one was well off the beaten path. I look forward to making many good finds there in the future. Everything else was from the flea market today. I picked up the Bettie Page book because I use to collect her memorabilia. The Castlevania cart will go with my extra manual for that game. Overall finds have been slowing down in this area, atleast significant ones. I hope I'm not about to enter another dry period.
    Is that Greatest Hits Final Fantasy X-2 up for trade?

Also, here were my pickups for today, just before the tornado warning came in:

Owensboro, Book & Music Exchange #1 -

Breath of Fire (GBA, cart only)
    CrossworDS (DS, complete)

$15

Passed on a pretty nice-looking cart-only Metal Warriors @ $55, but from looking at what people have paid for it online, I should have bought it anyway. I could have saved someone $20-50 or more. Seriously... I don't know who to be more pissed off at here. Myself for not picking it up, sellers online for thinking it's OK to charge $100+ for SNES games, or buyers online for being OK with paying that!
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We visited the flea market today for the first time in forever. I found a few things I wanted to pick up but with money being tight this week, I had to refrain. I did go ahead and pick up a CIB Disney's Aladdin for Game Gear for $5. Well it was kind of CIB. The cart was the original Sega release with the GA rating on it but the box was for the Majesco release that had the newer ESRB "E" rating on it. Ah well, CIB is CIB I guess.

I noticed a lot of the game/comic/action figure vendors are going HARD on Legos. Some of the vendors must not be that smart because I saw one charging $20 for a Superman Lego figure by itself when you can get it plus a Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor figure (along with Lex's robot) for the same price in every store that carries Legos.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    I noticed a lot of the game/comic/action figure vendors are going HARD on Legos. Some of the vendors must not be that smart because I saw one charging $20 for a Superman Lego figure by itself when you can get it plus a Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor figure (along with Lex's robot) for the same price in every store that carries Legos.
    I had always assumed that only vintage Legos would bring any sort of significant money, am I wrong in this assumption?