Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: January 2013 Finds

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    That Wii game looks like one of those copies that comes from Sam's club or Costco where they're wrapped like that.
    I hadn't thought of that but that makes perfect sense. Thanks.

It is rarer for me to find pirate carts at Goodwills rather than fleas, swaps and other thrifts, but every once in a while they show up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Today was a good day to received some goodies:

- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch "Wizard's Edition" ~ $111.86 (w/ two day shipping)
    - Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Prima guide ~ $21.99

I preordered this special edition many months ago on the Club Namco website, and after reading/hearing the horror stories of the whole Namco/Digital River situation, I'm glad that I haven't encountered any major problems with the transaction.

I lived my life with no fear nor hatred... For these traits are certain to the content of my immortal being.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Okay, so I posted earlier that one of our local retrogaming chains is losing one of its locations so I bought a few items at 30% - 50% off. Well, tomorrow is the last day so everything is now at LEAST 50% off! So, I went back after work with the collection list and picked up some items to fill in holes in the collection:

Broken Sword (Xbox)
    Cat in the Hat (Xbox)
    The Incredibles (Xbox)
    Metal Arms (Xbox)
    Monster Garage (Xbox)
    NightCaster (Xbox)
    Outlaw Volleyball (Xbox)
    Pirates of the Caribbean (Xbox)
    TimeSplitters (Xbox)
    Chessmaster (Xbox)
    Predator: Concrete Jungle (Xbox)
    Kameo (Xbox 360) - new and sealed but they sold it to me for the used price of $3.49
    MTV Sports Skateboarding (Dreamcast)
    NBA Hoopz (Dreamcast)
    Prince of Persia: Arabian Nights (Dreamcast)
    WordTris (SNES)

Total for all after discount was $65, but when he looked in their system he said I had a $34 credit in my account. I don't remember having that but he said "don't question it, just use it" so I did. Giving me an out of pocket cost for all of this stuff at $31.25

With the exception of WordTris, all of these are complete and in really nice shape. I've been looking for Predator for awhile and I have NEVER seen the DC Prince of Persia before so those were the true "finds" for me. Also, I've always regretted not getting Kameo when the 360 released, and now I finally have it and it's sealed! Sweet!

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zama View Post
    - Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch "Wizard's Edition" ~ $111.86 (w/ two day shipping)

I preordered this special edition many months ago on the Club Namco website, and after reading/hearing the horror stories of the whole Namco/Digital River situation, I'm glad that I haven't encountered any major problems with the transaction.
    After hearing how terrible Digital River was, I didn't even bother ordering the WE. As cool as the set is, I didn't feel that it was worth the aggravation.

I ended up finding the DS version on Craigslist last year, which includes that Japanese spell book. I figured I could use the digital spell book included the PS3 version to translate it.

Anyway, onto my finds:

Ni no Kuni (Regular Edition) with the GS Preorder Steelbook for $59.99 (New) - I normally don't collect steelbooks, because I never use them. (I find it way too hard to get the discs out.) But since I am a big Studio Ghibli fan, I made an exception. Now I just have to find a place to display it where my cat can't knock it down.

Dragon Warrior II for $4.99 (Used) - I found this sitting in a thrift store, and figured it might be worth trying to flip it.

Escaflowne the Movie Ultimate Edition (Used) - I traded in the copy Dragon Warrior II that I found and got this for free.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Escaflowne Movie UE.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	6223Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NNK & Steelbook.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	6224

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Took a while, but this guy finally came. When the seller said "box and manual included", he meant COMPLETE. It's got everything, even the plastic cartridge holding insert.

[spoiler]

Ren and Stimpy Shaven Yak passwords were written in pen on the front of the manual, though. Manual appears to be normal paper printed. any way to get the writing off of it?

Also, I had to post this here once I saw it in the manual. I've played the game tons of times before and suspected that enemy might be a michael jackson parody, but I never expected it to be this BLUNT.

Insert Coin (Level 0) brainerdrainer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I found all this for $50

Got a good deal on CL yesterday. Some guy was selling a lot of Gamecube N64 and Dreamcast consoles and games for $40. I wrote him as fast as I could and offered $50 just because I knew it was worth more and wanted to be decent.

I plan on keeping one console and games and selling the rest. Can't decide which console I want to keep. Kinda just playing all the games and looking them up finding out what's worth what. I'm more into NES SNES and Genesis so a lot of this is new to me.

find of the day by Y=MX+B, on Flickr

IMG_4807 by Y=MX+B, on Flickr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Killer deal, man!

But, it should go here:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show...25#post1950025

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

aww man you're right. Wish I saw that. There a way to move this post to that thread?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Couple items today.
    Super Conflict (SNES) loose cart $3
    Whip Rush (Genesis) loose cart $3
    Knight Rider (NES) loose cart and instructions $4

I think Whip Rush may be the gem here as I tend to like the side scrolling shooters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_3057.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	6227  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A mod may do it if they see it. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it too much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

that is a wonderful deal...if i were you...keep everything. the dreamcast is a great system with a ton of great titles as well as the n64...the gamecube....not bad

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Theres a dude selling a dreamcast with 2 controllers, memory and 3 games for $60 near me. If its not gone by next weekend I may get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Starting 2013 with a Done for the year

I purchased another person's collection because he was ready to move on and make room for his 3D printers. I won't disclose the total price but it was under $1000 and found it more than fair. We have been discussing the transaction for several months now off and on, various life obstacles have come up but we finally agreed to get it done and now was a good time.

Name:	DSCN2061.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	6229Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2062.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	6230Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2064.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	6231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2066.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	6232
    The first trunk is two stacks of games deep. Some notable Atari titles include:
    Out of Control, Shuttle Orbiter, Threshold, Cosmic Commuter, Pong Sports, Shootin' Gallery, Star Wars the Arcade Game, and Artillery Duel.

First picture, showing the bottom stack of games. Lots of loose 5200, Colecovision, Intellivision, and Odyssey^2 games.

In the Second picture on top is a VCS adapter for the Atari 5200 along with Miner 2049, Quest for Quintana Roo, two sealed Zone Ranger, and a few other notable additions for me being Congo Bongo, Space Shuttle, and Star Wars: The Arcade Game. There are also three RCA Studio II games with box and manual: Math Fun, Tennis/Squash, and Black Jack. The three Nintendo disk games are Golf, Excite Bike, and Phantasy Phone. One of the Space Spartans is still factory sealed, but it's common and have another boxed along with a few loose. I did connect my Intellivision with Intellivoice to test each voice game, after cleaning contacts everything was working much smoother.

The third picture is Out of Control on the 2600 and is the rarest game in the haul. I haven't found a rare Atari game since Crazy Climber so it's really cool.

The last is a modified Supercharger by Arcadia, enabling you to play ROMs transferred through the audio playback (good for development testing).
    Last edited by cyberfluxor; 01-29-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ncman071 View Post
    that is a wonderful deal...if i were you...keep everything. the dreamcast is a great system with a ton of great titles as well as the n64...the gamecube....not bad
    Seconded. I wouldn't be able to choose between those myself 'cause there are amazing games to be found for all three of them.
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by recorderdude View Post
    eh, from a few retro bootleg collectors I know tend to find a lot of their games in thrift stores and flea markets.
    *whistles*

Let's not forget that Chinese ROM CD I bought last year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Continued from post #154 above.

Name:	DSCN2067.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	6233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2068.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	6234Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2069.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	6235Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2070.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	6236Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2071.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	6237
    The first picture is the second trunk stuffed with some 300 Atari cartridges. There are a number of duplicates but plenty of unique titles to shift through and organize. I'm likely to sell mass duplicates to help offset cost and cut down on space. There are perhaps 30 games missing labels so they will need to be checked out, some have stickies already.

Second picture is a Bally Computer System and it comes with Astro Battle, Grand Prix, and Dog Patch. It's in a fair cosmetic shape but the RF cable needs a new connector as the old one was torn of somehow and I haven't found a controller. I have wanted an Astrocade for some time so it's cool to finally have one of these models so hoping to get it back up and running with perhaps a few more games to hunt down.

In the third is some Sega Master System cartridges that were stuffed in one of the boxes. Most notable additions for me are King's Quest, Y's, Psyco Fox, and Kenseiden. I already have a complete Phantasy Star with my game progress so I may look at trading or selling at some point.

I'm not a fan of Tiger hand held units. The Quiz Wiz in picture four is not fun by any means. Magic School Bus, General Knowledge book 1, and Automobiles trivia all have books to at least attempt to play along. Without a screen but rather an LED and annoying buzzer to inform the player of correct or not is rather unappealing. It would be difficult to sell for even $5 as they're flooded on-line and no one else appears to care. I may cringe but at least attempt to go through each one once when I feel up to it.

The fourth picture is loaded with 7 Nintendo Entertainment System toaster units beneath the pile of controllers, guns, and other cabling. A nasty yellowed Super Nintendo sits on top. I also have a bin with 3 Power Glove's with receivers along with manuals.
    Last edited by cyberfluxor; 01-29-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Quote Originally Posted by brainerdrainer View Post
    Got a good deal on CL yesterday. Some guy was selling a lot of Gamecube N64 and Dreamcast consoles and games for $40. I wrote him as fast as I could and offered $50 just because I knew it was worth more and wanted to be decent.

I plan on keeping one console and games and selling the rest. Can't decide which console I want to keep. Kinda just playing all the games and looking them up finding out what's worth what. I'm more into NES SNES and Genesis so a lot of this is new to me.

find of the day by Y=MX+B, on Flickr

IMG_4807 by Y=MX+B, on Flickr
    There you go, merged into the right thread. Oh, and really, really, really nice finds. I'm jealous right now. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Continued from post #157 above.

Name:	DSCN2072.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	6238Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2073.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	6239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2074.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	6240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2076.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	6241Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2077.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	6242
    In this large purple container for picture one is a stack of 2600 systems. At the top are two different Atari 2600 Junior units, five standard 4-switch VCS, 3 Vader models, 2 heavy-sixers, and 2 dark wood grain. So that's 14 Atari 2600 systems ready for cleaning and testing soon. Somewhere at the bottom is a model 2 Sega Genesis.

Scattered among the boxes, bins, and trunks I have been pulling loose manuals, seen in the second picture.

I grabbed a shipment box and started placing Nintendo, Genesis, Master System, and other random cartridges from post-game crash era into it. Some Mario Bros. 3, Castlevania and Castlevania 3, a complete Roger Rabbit, Super Nintendo Game Genie with booklet, Donkey Kong Classic, Bubble Bobble, LoLo, General Chaos, Zelda, etc. There's also what appears to be a Nintendo 64 pirate cartridge called "English 36 in 1" that I may check out sometime soon.

An incredible deal for him at $3 is a complete GameLine unit. The box is not in the best of shape but it's held its contents together real well. This piece of awesome gaming history is so worthless today for use (no phone line to connect to) but appears to be quite desirable. I might hold on to it for display and a conversation piece for now.

In picture five is a Magnavox Odyssey with one roughed up box. Some previous owner cut the bottom end off, perhaps to keep the Styrofoam box labeled on the shelf? Either way it's missing overlays and a switch box, I will have to hunt down adapters to get this going but should be interesting. My hope is the manuals will explain the games I have (#1-6) and have some fun playing it. This is a model 1TL200BK12 so it's not as incredibly rare as others but that's fine. I really enjoyed reading the Pong-Story pages on the Odyssey.
    Last edited by cyberfluxor; 01-29-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Continued from post #159 above.

Name:	DSCN2078.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	6243Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2079.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	6244Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2080.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	6245
    First has an Intellivision Videoplexer complete in the box with an Intellivoice in the box. There's also a second loose Intellivoice unit not in the picture as I was cleaning and testing them.

Second picture has a Coleco Telstar Arcade unit and I have not seen the gun. Lots of connectors, more Atari controllers including dual Wico Command Control sticks with the pad, some Coleco controllers, and a weird Nintendo modification case making a toaster a top-loader.

Finally a pile of three Intellivision, two Atari 5200 (one 4-port, the other a 2-port), three Colecovision, an Intellivision II computer system module, and a Tandy Computer Computer II along with power plugs.

There are still a number of items not pictured including two bins of more boxed Intellivision and Atari games, some arcade PCBs, a pile of Atari 5200 paddle and sticks, and other carts scattered about being tested and cleaned. Just wanted to tackle the vast majority of what's still being shifting around.
    Last edited by cyberfluxor; 01-29-2013 at 10:05 PM.