Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: January 2013 Finds

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whip Rush is pretty fun. If you can get it, check out Arrow Flash too.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Mokida

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post
    After hearing how terrible Digital River was, I didn't even bother ordering the WE. As cool as the set is, I didn't feel that it was worth the aggravation.

I ended up finding the DS version on Craigslist last year, which includes that Japanese spell book. I figured I could use the digital spell book included the PS3 version to translate it.

Anyway, onto my finds:

Ni no Kuni (Regular Edition) with the GS Preorder Steelbook for $59.99 (New) - I normally don't collect steelbooks, because I never use them. (I find it way too hard to get the discs out.) But since I am a big Studio Ghibli fan, I made an exception. Now I just have to find a place to display it where my cat can't knock it down.

Dragon Warrior II for $4.99 (Used) - I found this sitting in a thrift store, and figured it might be worth trying to flip it.

Escaflowne the Movie Ultimate Edition (Used) - I traded in the copy Dragon Warrior II that I found and got this for free.
    The Collector's Edition is a wondrous package of goodness though, and the game's back cover art and manual are in color
    Last edited by Zama; 01-30-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    Continued from post #159 above.

Attachment 6243Attachment 6244Attachment 6245
    First has an Intellivision Videoplexer complete in the box with an Intellivoice in the box. There's also a second loose Intellivoice unit not in the picture as I was cleaning and testing them.

Second picture has a Coleco Telstar Arcade unit and I have not seen the gun. Lots of connectors, more Atari controllers including dual Wico Command Control sticks with the pad, some Coleco controllers, and a weird Nintendo modification case making a toaster a top-loader.

Finally a pile of three Intellivision, two Atari 5200 (one 4-port, the other a 2-port), three Colecovision, an Intellivision II computer system module, and a Tandy Computer Computer II along with power plugs.

There are still a number of items not pictured including two bins of more boxed Intellivision and Atari games, some arcade PCBs, a pile of Atari 5200 paddle and sticks, and other carts scattered about being tested and cleaned. Just wanted to tackle the vast majority of what's still being shifting around.
    Damn impressive collection. Gotta say, its nice to see some older school finds. Seems most people are only finding 16-bit and up anymore but this harkens back to the glory days of pre-crash finds. Very impressive and congrats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    Damn impressive collection. Gotta say, its nice to see some older school finds. Seems most people are only finding 16-bit and up anymore but this harkens back to the glory days of pre-crash finds. Very impressive and congrats.
    One of the stores up the road from me just before Christmas received a huge stock of Intellivision, Colecovision, and Atari game consoles, add-on modules, accessories, and games. Asking $20-40 for various systems and modules was very tempting but I had been in talks with this guy months prior and still discussing things so it didn't make much sense to spend more money on-top of what I'd likely already get. The hardware they had sold really quick, I think they have just an Intellivision II left but still shelves of boxed and few sealed games for each system. I know I can always go back there and browse that selection if I want but right now I'm so overwhelmed sorting through these games.

I have never owned or played a Colecovision or Intellivision and they've always been on my list of systems to look out for, but man do these either not appear often or get snatched up prior to my arrival at stores. Getting a Bally Computer System (prior model to Astrocade) is close enough to be rocking cool and can't wait to get that all ready to play. I'm trying to be very careful in handling and cleaning everything because some items are more frail than others.

So the guy I bought everything from had been collecting for nearly two decades I believe, buying what cheap stuff he found at thrift stores and dumpster diving (yeah!) around campuses and stores. That's how there are some Japanese Nintendo disks randomly in the lot, some foreign exchange students dumped their games in the trash because they couldn't stash it in luggage to travel back so why not just repurchase once you get back home, right? Talks of buying his stuff came about because a few years ago I made a GNU/Linux Pong-like game that communicated to a laser system he built with a Twin Tigers control panel driving player 1 and 2. Last year he was looking to buy a Thing-O-Matic 3D printer and supplies so needing the space in he garage sort of pushed him in that direction in addition to how a sell-off could buy quite a few nice supplies. Finally we settled on getting everything done this past weekend as the Khan snow storm hits, but roads were clear enough for the journey on Saturday so it was pulled off.

http://757labs.org/2011/07/madexpo-a...y-1st-and-2nd/
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

... uh.

Was this thread moved to Classic Gaming?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah, I noticed that too but didnt say anything. guess it was merged wrong.

Oh well, Feb finds thread starts in 2 days anyway :P

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor View Post
    I purchased another person's collection because he was ready to move on and make room for his 3D printers. I won't disclose the total price but it was under $1000 and found it more than fair.
    It's pretty crazy but I bought almost the same lot as Cyberfluxor earlier this month and have just finished going through it all. It was some guys collection who had fallen on hard times and was selling on Craigslist. I got it for $900. Definitely the most fun is going through everything and figuring out what it all is.

14 Atari 2600s (4 are heavy 6'rs) ~300 loose games, 40 boxed
    boxed Atari 7800, 5200, Jr (~25 boxed 7800 games, bunch of loose 7800+5200)
    Atari XEGS (32 games)
    Bally Videocade (20 games)
    2 Colevisions (~60 games)
    6 different intellivisoins (Reg, Super Pro, III, Sears version, Sylvania, II) (~75 boxed games, bunch loose)
    2 boxed Odyssey 2, the Voice (48 games)
    Fairchild (5 games)
    Arcadia 2001 (9 games)
    3 boxed NES Action sets, 1 Power Set (141 loose nes games, 6 boxed)
    2 Sega Master Systems, Orange tip Phaser (75 games, 1/2 boxed)
    2 Sega Gen. non tmss, CD model 1
    Neo Geo Aes (6 games)
    Panasonic 3DO (26 games, 7 are vivid interactive adult games)
    Sega Saturn, Gamecubes
    That triangle Brown pong system cyber has and ~20 other various pong systems.
    Tons of other crap, 2 new atari track balls, 2 new intellivioce, 4 new nes satalites, pc games, odd controllers. Power Glove
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-21_14-08-54_94.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	6248
    Bought the Shelves also. Fun Stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    ... uh.

Was this thread moved to Classic Gaming?
    I noticed it too. Maybe it was done by mistake when brainerdrainer's post got moved?
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"

My feedback thread: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93213

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dashopepper View Post
    14 Atari 2600s (4 are heavy 6'rs) ~300 loose games, 40 boxed
    boxed Atari 7800, 5200, Jr (~25 boxed 7800 games, bunch of loose 7800+5200)
    Atari XEGS (32 games)
    Bally Videocade (20 games)
    2 Colevisions (~60 games)
    6 different intellivisoins (Reg, Super Pro, III, Sears version, Sylvania, II) (~75 boxed games, bunch loose)
    2 boxed Odyssey 2, the Voice (48 games)
    Fairchild (5 games)
    Arcadia 2001 (9 games)
    3 boxed NES Action sets, 1 Power Set (141 loose nes games, 6 boxed)
    2 Sega Master Systems, Orange tip Phaser (75 games, 1/2 boxed)
    2 Sega Gen. non tmss, CD model 1
    Neo Geo Aes (6 games)
    Panasonic 3DO (26 games, 7 are vivid interactive adult games)
    Sega Saturn, Gamecubes
    That triangle Brown pong system cyber has and ~20 other various pong systems.
    Tons of other crap, 2 new atari track balls, 2 new intellivioce, 4 new nes satalites, pc games, odd controllers. Power Glove
    You have a lot more boxed stuff going on there and judging by the pictures most of it appears to be in nice condition. Although I do like the completeness factor I'm not fanatical when it comes to the older cardboard, folded paper game boxes; I consider it more of a bonus. Any really rare games or a few gems you've been looking out for end up in the lot? A Fairchild Channel F or Arcadia 2001 would have been a nice addition for me, Colecovision and Intellivision are good though due to the library of games they have available. Great haul though.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by 8-bitNesMan View Post
    I noticed it too. Maybe it was done by mistake when brainerdrainer's post got moved?

What I'm thinking.... Oh, lookie here. Mod powers activate.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My last find of the month: Fantasia for genesis for $3.40. I'm a sucker for retro disney games, even the bad ones.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I found the Max Steel game for Dreamcast yesterday, mint, and it cost me two dollars.

I also traded for Assassin's Creed II Deluxe and Stacked on Steam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A few weeks ago I picked up a sealed Sim's Carnival SnapCity for $2.50 at Goodwill and the wife really enjoyed it but beat it within a few days. Ran by the Dollar Tree the other day and they had a stack of SimCity Societies sealed, of course for $1 each. She snagged one and has been playing in her spare time. I played the tutorial last night and it's interesting. Typically you play SimCity in a manor you hope the right or desirable buildings will be constructed, instead here you're balancing several "resources" (arts, education, scale, housing, work places) and you build what you want. If you can't balance the requirements of certain buildings they don't operate. For example, a Software Development building won't employ anyone or a Coffee House won't bring in revenue.
    Last edited by cyberfluxor; 01-31-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

This is a January Find. Finally have some time to and a reason to post after a long while.

Got this guy off of Craigslist for 50$ Needs minor repairs and new bulbs. No locks though.

I have been wanting one of these since I was a small child playing it at Discovery Zone in Naperville. Had to travel to Gary Indiana to get it after a freezing rain left everything in sheets of ice... Totally worth it!

I'm planning to repaint the front of it black and the badly repainted palm rest a darker shade of blue.

The gator second from the right has trouble docking and moving out but mostly works and two have working sensors but have an issue because of minor missing parts in the gator's jaw... Overall I don't think I could ever beat the price again.

more pics:

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by otoko View Post
    This is a January Find. Finally have some time to and a reason to post after a long while.

Got this guy off of Craigslist for 50$ Needs minor repairs and new bulbs. No locks though.

I have been wanting one of these since I was a small child playing it at Discovery Zone in Naperville. Had to travel to Gary Indiana to get it after a freezing rain left everything in sheets of ice... Totally worth it!

I'm planning to repaint the front of it black and the badly repainted palm rest a darker shade of blue.

The gator second from the right has trouble docking and moving out but mostly works and two have working sensors but have an issue because of minor missing parts in the gator's jaw... Overall I don't think I could ever beat the price again.

That is so freaken cool...something I'd have in my place..

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I have not been getting to flea markets..a Friend hit the snowed out flea market Saturday and found nothing worthwhile but he did find a box of misc light guns(all twisted up wires UGH!!
    $10.00-sold to me..

Insert Coin (Level 0) brainerdrainer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that whack a gator thing is sick, those guns are a good score too!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by recorderdude View Post
    That's one badass jacket, man! Wear it with pride!
    Quote Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
    I don't think I could ever be caught dead in that jacket, but I would proudly store it in my closet
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    That jacket looks awesome, a very cool find at a thrift. I'm reminded of all the people who would find Working Designs schwag at thrift shops in Redding.

All I can tell you is that the business card looks like it has Chinese, not Japanese, writing on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Ditto..
    Thanks for all the replies, it is pretty cool . I might as well thank everyone now before this thread gets replaced with the new month. I still have to do more research about this, I don't know if it's official retail merchandise that was available to everyone or some sort of limited promo item. I also tried to look up the characters on the business card using the site suggested to me but it didn't really work for me. I'll still keep trying though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Saturday..

Sunday I went to a rather far Flea Market in hope to find something..
    GPS said a 30 minute trip but due to road construction,detours we had to take the long route that was over an hour..
    I saw this cool old building on the way..

At the very small flea market.
    I ran into a Sony Walkman in it’s old time baggie and original headphones ..$5.00..I just bought it...some sell for big bux so I didn’t want to pass it up..

Then I ran into a game/system seller that I’ve bought from before..We talked for like an hour about how things have changed,his finds,cost etc.

The building looks like the old water treatment plant off of Kinderkamack rd in Oradell ( you make a left at the light its on the left and you make a right where the Highschool is which looks like where the flea market is . That place has been known to be good for Comic book finds years ago. I wonder if they still have alot of comic book vendors at this particular market. Nice finds BTW
    Current Collection Stats As Of 12/10/2013 : Cartridges - 206 ( 182 unique titles 24 label variations ) : Cassettes - 21 :

Currently in the market for :

+ Atari 8 bit game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
    + Atari 8 Bit Prototype and Demo cartridges
    + Atari 8 bit manuals and boxes

PM me if you see anything above that you have doubles or interest in getting rid of.

Check out my
    Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at http://www.a8museum.com
    Atari 8-Bit Museum on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/392317377550512/
    And on Ebay under the handle ThePaperVault

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    captaindoom666
    Steam
    captaindoom666

I have not been getting to flea markets..a Friend hit the snowed out flea market Saturday and found nothing worthwhile but he did find a box of misc light guns(all twisted up wires UGH!!
    $10.00-sold to me..

If any of those are junk. You know who would buy them? Cosplayers. They will reuse them as prop guns by taking the cord out.