Today I received a super famicom in the mail with two games and ... no power adapter. I hadn't noticed it wasn't included in my purchase when I bought it. No big deal, I'll just use an equivalent one. Reading this post, I figured a 12 VDC 1.5A adapter would work and they tested it in radioshack. A red light came on. Tried it again at home, it came on but nothing showed up on my screen. I took it to another room, plugged it in, and this time plugged in my 3rd party unlabeled SFC RGB cord from Japan (didn't want to spend $100 to plug it into my XRGB3) and ... wondered why nothing happened at all. Looked down, and the light wouldn't turn on. The light will no longer turn on.

So, what exactly happened here?

Consider:

1. Official adapter is 100 AC to 10 DC; power difference.
2. The cartridge port sounds "sandy." Turning it on for a second in the first room, a logo began to come up then it turned off again. Could part of this have been the port?
3. The 3rd party RGB cord. Can an RGB cord (from Japan/NTSC) affect a console? If i get a new one is it unsafe?

Thanks for taking the time to read through this.

Note: I am in North America so no PAL land power issues or TV issues should be in play here ...