Thread: Anyone have any significant video game stories to share?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

Default Anyone have any significant video game stories to share?

I do.
    For me it's MGS.

Having had got to play it in it's prime vs when it became hyped up makes me feel very privileged and blessed.

I'm not 100% when I got the game but I know I got it when I lived with my Grandma which was before 2001
    so i'm 99% sure I played the game within it's first 3 years of release. How I got the game was so random. I was shopping at a department store with my grandma and went to look at the video games and was allowed to pick out a game as I sometimes would when shopping with my grandma. The box art was completely bland and I had no information on the game before buying it. This was in a time where if you had internet all you had was dial up and the only way to pick out games was from the box art. It really weirds me out just how random this purchase of a game was.

I remember the store employee reminding my grandma about the mature rating and the content. I was like less then 10 years old and my grandma like 70 so I get why she was informed. Anyway after a brief arguement telling her my dad would still let me play it she purchased it any how and said she would discuss it with my dad. She ended up reading the back of the case and saw nudity in the content rating and told my dad about it. After a grace period I was finally given the game within a few days after purchase. From here I would only play the game a handful of times for reasons I don't know why.

It wasn't till probably 4-5 years later after moving out of my grandmas house that I meant friends who played video games as much as me. After having had made little progress we kind of gave up and moved onto other games. It wasn't in till some out of town kids came in for vacation that we would be taught the fine skills needed to play such a game. I remeber these two brothers to this day. Their names was Bobby and Arty and they taught me and at the time my best Friend all the secrets we needed to know to further progress in the game. After that me and my best friend became addicted to the game. Almost every summer we would spend the whole summer sleeping over each others house back and forth pulling many over nighters. Our parents were really cool so we got to run a muck. Not many kids at age 13-14 got to smoke good pot and play MGS. In all this game is my all time favorite game ever and left a forever lasting impression.

I have many other cool video games stories that I want to share along with hearing yours. I was thinking about blogging this but then no one would read it so I figure post it here or else I would have probably tried to make a youtube video of it. This is my most significant video game story. My next best story is about how I got my a PS2 the day I got suspended from school in 7th grade for having marijuana in my markers. Stay tuned if you want to hear that one and all my other crazy video game adventures.
    Last edited by needler420; 01-05-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
    Our parents were really cool so we got to run a muck. Not many kids at age 13-14 got to smoke good pot and play MGS. In all this game is my all time favorite game ever and left a forever lasting impression.

My next best story is about how I got my a PS2 the day I got suspended from school in 7th grade for having marijuana in my markers.
    WTF!?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

Quote Originally Posted by Carnby View Post
    WTF!?
    What can I say. In middle school I was the cool Sega/Grunge Nirvana kid. All the washed up middle aged free loaders came to me for their pot. Even my best friends sister who worked at gamestop came to me. I was a bad boy. When my D.A.R.E. officer would tel us to just say no my motto was no thanks I already had some.

Any way enough of my drug escapades this is about video game escapades. Last thing 'm trying to start is a ridicule of my drug escapades.
    Last edited by needler420; 01-05-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
    What can I say. In middle school I was the cool Sega/Grunge Nirvana kid. All the washed up middle aged free loaders came to me for their pot. Even my best friends sister who worked at gamestop came to me. I was a bad boy. When my D.A.R.E. officer would tel us to just say no my motto was no thanks I already had some.

Any way enough of my drug escapades this is about video game escapades.
    This is the weirdest stealth brag thread I have ever seen.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    needler420

Quote Originally Posted by Carnby View Post
    This is the weirdest stealth brag thread I have ever seen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RottenToTheGore
    PSN
    TheSuperSadist

What a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm
    Hello VACRMH, you have just received 666 Meseta from Oobgarm.
    The following comment was made: HAIL SATAN