Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pfffft! Forget the NEO GEO X !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Pfffft! Forget the NEO GEO X !

Forget the Neo Geo X this thing kicks it's ass at NEO GEO emulation and tons of other consoles and computers!
    Any doubt check out Qbertaddict1's Youtube page for demonstration videos!
    https://www.youtube....N2MemZkgn_eSd3e
    This is the handheld emulation device built by gamers for gamers, it is not a walled garden but an open sourced device.

Here is the Kickstarter, check it out and decide for yourself !

http://www.kickstart...gaming-handheld

SOME of what will be emulated: NEO GEO / C64 / Various PC game ports / Mame / Final Burn / Neo Geo Pocket / Atari 7800 / Gameboy & Gameboy color / Genesis / SegaCD / Snes/ OpenBor / MANY Open Dingux ports/ AES / Amiga / AtariST / TurboGrafx & TurboCD MUCH MUCH MORE!
    Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 01-13-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Is this a joke? Why should anyone donate to a Kickstarter so you can essentially manufacture yet another Dingoo clone?
    Last edited by Bojay1997; 01-08-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Yes, what can this do that a Dingoo or a Yinlips cannot?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So someone made a portable Kawaks? Cool, but eh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Geez tough crowd. Joke? No not at all, I ask only you guys check the video in the kickstarter or even more so the playlist of vids I linked to Youtube, look at the Neo Geo and other emulation you will see clearly it outperforms Dingoo , Neo Geo X and others. I thought the NEO GEO X was quick cash in crap like the Sega ATgames handhelds but I have been monitoring development of this device since day one and thus far emulation looks great, very sharp, sounds awesome, it will be competitively priced too. You're welcome to be negative, piss on it, jump on me WHATEVER but hey, again, from my first post I have only asked you check out the links, vids and decide for yourself, I am excited about it and I think it has a chance of being pretty sweet for the retro gamer. Thanks for your consideration.
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry if i sounded harsh. its just im kind of getting tired of all these emulation handhelds. theres so many you dont have enough room to shake a stick at. I think ill just get a PSP to emulate arcades games with. And theres ouya for tv gaming too. i think i may try that if reviews are great.

Ill watch more of those videos though, giga wing is a great shooter.
    Last edited by IHatedSega; 01-09-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IHatedSega View Post
    sorry if i sounded harsh. its just im kind of getting tired of all these emulation handhelds. theres so many you dont have enough room to shake a stick at. I think ill just get a PSP to emulate arcades games with.

Ill watch more of those videos though, giga wing is a great shooter.
    Thanks, trust me as owner of Dingoo / Caanoo / Yinlips / JXD devices with varying degrees of satisfaction I too was pretty skeptical at first, but I watched all of Qbertaddict1's videos (He got a dev unit) and every video I watched, the sound the performance, the sharp screen, aspect ratio etc, the plain look of the handheld seemed to betray the quality of the display and emulation, the unit will be competitively priced like JXD and Yinlips but it is NOT an ANDROID device so it is not using those emulators, it's already running a basic OS that runs many emulators form Neo Geo to SNES and PC ports REALLY WELL and development is continuing to port even more games, emulators and apps. I AM THE LAST ONE to start a post yelling the praises of some new clone or handheld etc, but following this right from development to speaking with some people involved I am personally excited as a classic gamer, everything thus far indicates this will have the competitive price along with the performance. Again, I could care less if anyone is convinced, I am just being honest and raising awareness and hopefully support for an item that I think is the closets I have seen to "getting it right" If any if you watch the kickstart video followed by the Youtube playlist videos (I promise you will think THAT is what I wanted from the NEO GEO X HANDHELD!!!) if after that you are not at least somewhat excited or at least interested than fair enough!
    Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 01-09-2013 at 12:35 AM.
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It says on the kickstarter page it can do older computer games so playing the actual DOOM would be great. And Deus Ex or Half Life 1.

I have 14 different emulators on my computer for console games and then KAWAKS. Ive been wanting a handheld just so I can access arcade games since I cant get the invidia to run MAME. So a handheld would be awesome to get different arcade games to play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

It says on the kickstarter page it can do older computer games so playing the actual DOOM would be great. And Deus Ex or Half Life 1.

I have 14 different emulators on my computer for console games and then KAWAKS. Ive been wanting a handheld just so I can access arcade games since I cant get the invidia to run MAME. So a handheld would be awesome to get different arcade games to play.
    If that is the case as you make your way through Qbertaddict1's playlist you will be very pleased ! These are still being optimized and more is coming!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2MemZkgn_eSd3e
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am now, I didnt hear about the X running on final burn alpha hahaha thats sad if true. Ill buy it for $50 now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do think this console looks amazing. Nice form factor, and the videos make the gameplay look perfect. I especially like the d-pad. It's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm definitely considering backing the project at the $130 level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At least this one will be made and supported by people who play games and give a shit about quality. Every single Chinese handheld that I've used either has shitty software, or some type of jaw-droppingly stupid design flaw.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Magician Lord here on the actual AES, and the X.....at the end of this video

On GCW Zero at 1:28ish

Man, I wanted to like The NEO GEO X, but I cant now after all of this. GCW Zero is the better buy.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    At least this one will be made and supported by people who play games and give a shit about quality. Every single Chinese handheld that I've used either has shitty software, or some type of jaw-droppingly stupid design flaw.
    Definitely, it reads like the folks behind this thing are genuinely interested in making a quality product, they seem to be thinking everything through quite thoroughly. It's hard to imagine this thing being a missed opportunity like any number of promising but deeply flawed handhelds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Magician Lord here on the actual AES, and the X.....at the end of this video
    Man, I wanted to like The NEO GEO X, but I cant now after all of this. GCW Zero is the better buy.
    Thank you for giving it a chance. My only motive was to introduce a upcoming emulation handheld that finally seemed to have a decent price with good performance, no gimmicks, I certainly understand initial response and skepticism to just blow it off after all the cheap chinese Android "gaming" devices and even quick cash in's from better known companies (SNK / SEGA) who seem more interested in passing any junk to the classic gamer, the effect is it has made many of us jaded. I would never of started this thread if I thought it was just another in a long line of let downs! I knew those who actually watched the videos, checked the specs and info would see the possibilities. For the record I own many devices from the OpenPandora to the Dingoo, I have been really let down by various portable "famiclones" etc, by the time the NEO GEO X appeared I had been bitten so many times I refused to let fanboyism get the better of me. From the start I thought UH, is this just a locked down Dingoo type device? For those that have been following it turns out to be pretty much the case lol. At this point I honestly don't think big or well known companies have any interest in releasing true quality hardware for the classic gamer now. When I started seeing vids and info on the CGW Zero I did not worry about the brand or company but instead focused on the specs and what I was seeing which was good performance all around, THIS is the type of product that deserves support, attention and funding. Who knows if it does well enough maybe the SNK , SEGA etc will see classic games deserve a modern quality product but hey if they don't then screw them we'll get our classic gaming fix on this.
    Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 01-10-2013 at 01:16 AM.
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't understand why you couldn't have just introduced the system instead of trashing others to "uptalk" this one. If its good, let the product speak for itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedEditionMuseum View Post
    I don't understand why you couldn't have just introduced the system instead of trashing others to "uptalk" this one. If its good, let the product speak for itself.
    Because that is how I feel about those others systems and I chose to give my honest opinion on them. In explaining why I think this device is better I point out the faults and disappointments of other offerings to date. Not too complicated really. I call them as I see them and if that means pointing out the faults of similar devices then so be it, I put my money into more than my share of them so it is my right to judge and if need be criticize them.
    Last edited by OldSchoolGamer; 01-10-2013 at 04:27 AM.
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Famicom Disk System On The GCW Zero

WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Perhaps that's how you feel, but you're still trash talking something that doesn't deserve it. It's a dedicated handheld with some pretty nice hardware inside that's just being used and form factored specifically for the NeoGeo. Yes it has some bugs, Tommo also on reddit has been fielding q&a and taking issues back to the coders for upgrades. They have a firmware upgrade on the way. They're looking to clean up the visual problems on the unit and in particular with the doc. They do have more games coming on those cards as well so it's not a one and done with the Ninja Masters 21st game on a card.

Sure you're into emulation handhelds, that's nice, but it doesn't require taking a crap on a decent handheld targeted to a specific market. The NGX is a rebanded dingoo of sorts, top of the line with the cpu and gpu on it for those style machines, and it has drivers a plenty hiding inside for other emulators beyond the NG which is a version of Final Burn Alpha. It's being worked on, and it's being worked on by those neo-geo.com forum hackers too. I'd still rather buy the NG than back yet another flash in the pan kickstarter as those projects in most cases go down in flames not making the cash needed or they go vaporware on people after.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Perhaps that's how you feel, but you're still trash talking something that doesn't deserve it.
    And that is YOUR opinion and your entitled to it, get over it. I feel it very much deserves it clearly. Regardless of all the excuses and how much you wish to defend it. If you are happy and satisfied with it GOOD FOR YOU! Seriously, why so defensive? I stand by everything I said 100%. I do not need to justify my opinion to you or anyone do I ? You are free to disagree or even point out any misinformation I have given (be sure to back it up with proof) but if you have some issue or problem with what you call my trash talking (I call it my opinion) that is you're problem not mine. I am not going to blow sunshine up people's butts if I consider a product to be of poor quality, poor value and/or a cash in just to rip off gamer's. Feel free to defend crap products, I prefer to call it as I see it. Always have and always will. Welcome to a free thinking society.
    On that note, this is the last time I will waste a moment responding to this silly issue of brand loyalty.
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?