Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Default VITA should come with 32gig onboard

Since Sony's Ps Store is a big part of sony's strategy, why limit themselves by not putting 32gig of memory onboard? The consumer would love the added value, and would result in a lot more sales (console and digital games) for sony. I can buy a 32 gig micro sd card for 19.99 and the store makes a profit, how much would it cost to sony to add this? 5 to 10$ per unit? As much as i love physical media, the psp umd value in collecting is VERY low, and wouldnt mind for portables to go digital its just more practical not to drag game cases wherever you go. Instead of trying to F$%^ us with a 99.99 32gig card, they should use it to their advantage in the long run. Personally I bought Unit 13 digitally and castlevania chronicles and my 4 gig card is already full, and I would have bought at least 5 more games since launch if i had the memory. No way ill pay 100$ for 32 gig, drop it to 29.99 or less and the 4,8,16 gig should be discontinued.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

At the very least they should be bundling a high-capacity card (8-16 GB) with a set.

This is like year one of PSP all over again. Everybody remember $100 1Gig Memory Sticks?

If you're a savvy online shopper you can get a 32 Gig for less than the MSRP, but yes, they're overpriced and an impediment to adoption in some cases.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Yeah, mine came with an eight gig card, which is less than useful. Sony's ridiculous insistence on proprietary formats hasn't worked out for them this generation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Vita should be a lot of things, but it's not. I hope Sony chops the price of everything Vita-related across the board, but I have this bad feeling that they'll continue to cling to the launch price through next year. I don't know, I'm 50/50 on that...
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    hawtxdawg360

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    Yeah, mine came with an eight gig card, which is less than useful. Sony's ridiculous insistence on proprietary formats hasn't worked out for them ever.
    Fixed that for ya.
    Don't go away mad....just go away!

Pretzel (Level 4) substantial_snake's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Insanity2546

I agree that their should be some form of onboard storage, especially with most cards requiring it in order to save anything. Its just dumb considering the large push that Sony has got for going full digital on the Vita as well with things like the significant PS+ games list recently. I was personally bummed about it since before the final specs were released their seemed to be a rumor that some form of significant onboard memory would exist that was later cut for cost savings. At the very least a small amount of memory should of been available to be used purely as save game data storage like the 32meg card that came with the PSP but the core bundles don't even have that. It ends up just looking like the proprierity memory card money grab that it is, which sucks for anyone not knowing this before hand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The Go had 16 gigs built in. It would seem reasonable that the Vita should be at least have maintained that even though I think the right amount would've been 32 gigs built in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Quote Originally Posted by substantial_snake View Post
    I agree that their should be some form of onboard storage, especially with most cards requiring it in order to save anything. Its just dumb considering the large push that Sony has got for going full digital on the Vita as well with things like the significant PS+ games list recently. I was personally bummed about it since before the final specs were released their seemed to be a rumor that some form of significant onboard memory would exist that was later cut for cost savings. At the very least a small amount of memory should of been available to be used purely as save game data storage like the 32meg card that came with the PSP but the core bundles don't even have that. It ends up just looking like the proprierity memory card money grab that it is, which sucks for anyone not knowing this before hand.
    Playstation + is a great program, the only reason im not part of it is because I have no memory left for the free games. and im not spending 115$ including taxes for that fucking memory card!

Insert Coin (Level 0) CatTehBus's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah I think the handheld would be amazing if it had built in storage 8-32gb, but it doesn't and I have no care for it because its too expensive

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    Playstation + is a great program, the only reason im not part of it is because I have no memory left for the free games. and im not spending 115$ including taxes for that fucking memory card!
    I know that it's MSRP $100+ and that's not at all attractive to anybody, but if you hunt and peck at Amazon sellers with shop sales on all items (or on the card itself) you can find them for less. I wound up with one for about $45 shipped during the holiday.

It's a waiting game for sure, but it's definitely something worth getting during a sale.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Sony did it on purpose to make you buy their memory card. One major fault with Vita is memory card is require to play any game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No mystery here. Sony wanted to compete with the @250 3DS but didnt feel it could with their high tech machine that probably profits @ closer to the $350 range. Subsidize with memory cards was their answer to that. I dont think(and Im sure Sony hopes) the average consumer isnt aware of this during the initial purchase. The Vita is the Trojan horse for these memory cards in a way. Unfortunately for Sony the avid gamers out there know all about this and a lot are waiting for price drops on both the memory and the system. Vita should do fine in the long run when manufacturing costs drop.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*