Thread: Anyone digging Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone digging Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed?

I have the 360 version and am shocked to admit how captivated I am. I've played a lot of great racers over the years, but the distinct, spectacularly designed tracks, Sega fan service, and well implemented controls really does it for me. It's a shame this doesn't run at 60 FPS, but perhaps the next-gen sequel will. Anyone else digging this?
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Cloud121D
    PSN
    Cloud121
    Steam
    Cloud121D

I got it for Wii U at launch, and it's definitely my favorite game of the launch lineup. Certainly helps I'm a huge Sega fanboy as well.
    My Game Collection
    "I am only what you see me as." - Obsidian Rose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Im an old school sega fan, and its probably one of the only retail titles I bought from SEGA since the original Xbox. Its my very own personal 2012 GOTY, its like they made my very own custom dream game just for me! And I agree, this is the best wii U game and the only one I play. Dont be fooled by the kiddie looks, this is the most hardcore racer I have played in over a decade, hard as hell but very rewarding. Sega should buy digital sumo has one of their own development studio. I hope they can continue to release quality titles just like they used to (especially during dreamcast and original xbox era) and release a brand new game from each stage/character represented in this game. Panzer Dragoon, Shinobi, Alex Kidd, Nights, Golden Axe, Afterburner, Daytona, Burning Rangers, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio... And I want a console version of PSO2!

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Dogi99
    PSN
    Segata-S

Loved it. Fave racer this gen. I even did the vote for Ryo and Segata Sanshiro to be DLC

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    Loved it. Fave racer this gen. I even did the vote for Ryo and Segata Sanshiro to be DLC
    Those are good characters, I just dont get why people vote for the anime chick voice that I dont even know and dont care. Shes not sega related?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm pretty happy with it, but I don't know if I like it more than the first game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I can't get enough of it, but then again I'm a Sega whore!

For some reason I downloaded the demo of the first game and loved it and played the demo like crazy...... but never actually bought the game. So when the sequel was released I snapped it up.

From a nostalgic point of view I love all the characters and Sega references. From a gaming point of view I love the variety and the level design. I really hope to see this series continue.
    If a god is willing to prevent evil, but not able, then he is not omnipotent. If he is able, but not willing, then he must be malevolent. If he is both willing and able, then why is there evil? If he is neither able or willing then why call him a god?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The first game is still worth picking up. It's not like Transformed makes it redundant.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I have Transformed on the 360 and played the previous game at a friend's house on PS3, and I definitely prefer Transformed. It's a well-made racing game with enough variety to keep it from getting redundant, and the courses are just gorgeous. My only qualm is that the medium difficulty level can be cheap and tough sometimes, to the point where I wonder if they didn't mistake it for the hard level. But aside from that difficulty balance issue, I still love this game. Still wonder why Danica Patrick is part of the lineup (much more so than Ralph from Wreck-It Ralph)...

Strawberry (Level 2) PopfulMail's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PopfulMail
    PSN
    PopfulMail

Absolutely loving the life out of the game (360 version)... though I somewhat fell off due to the holidays. I still need to boot the game up and get Alex Kidd so I can give him a whirl. Everything about this game hits a sweet spot for me... though the difficulty gets a bit insane when trying to get enough stars to unlock the SEGA Ages character. All in all.. one of my top racers in a long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Quote Originally Posted by PopfulMail View Post
    Absolutely loving the life out of the game (360 version)... though I somewhat fell off due to the holidays. I still need to boot the game up and get Alex Kidd so I can give him a whirl. Everything about this game hits a sweet spot for me... though the difficulty gets a bit insane when trying to get enough stars to unlock the SEGA Ages character. All in all.. one of my top racers in a long time.
    I dont get why people are saying the difficulty is insane, its what i would call challenging! FINALLY a game that feels rewarding for unlocking stuff, not just a sit through the end with no difficulty. I think younger gamers today are just lazy, had my nephew playing with me CODMW3 spec ops on 3 star difficulty and would ask to change levels after 2 fails and he was whining because i insisted on finishing it before changing levels. We finally beat the plane hijack after 4 hours and he yelled when we finally did it!INSANE difficulty, as I remember, was beating the black car in the original ridge racer on psone. Or finishing first in a race (any track) in F355 challenge... Played the hell out of those before achieving this! Sonic transformed is challenging and has lots of replay value, but when you do the same trafic attack on s class over and over again you get to know the tricks and shave time off your laps each time and finally beat it after a while. Never spent more than an hour on any single event to beat it.